Match Thread Huddersfield (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Dabo is playing from memory. He clearly isn't 100% but is putting his body on the line twice a week. Kudos to the guy, who really needs a rest, but we haven't got cover for him. First game he'll get a break will be the Norwich cup tie (if he hasn't broken down before)

Alkhen

Probably mentioned somewhere above but is Hamer suspended for Saturday? Lost count of his yellows?

Wasn't great to watch but this season is all about survival and we are chugging along fime

shmmeee

Probably mentioned somewhere above but is Hamer suspended for Saturday? Lost count of his yellows?

Wasn't great to watch but this season is all about survival and we are chugging along fime

Yep that was his fifth. Ridiculous one to get suspended for.

Tartan Specials

Dabo is playing from memory. He clearly isn't 100% but is putting his body on the line twice a week. Kudos to the guy, who really needs a rest, but we haven't got cover for him. First game he'll get a break will be the Norwich cup tie (if he hasn't broken down before)
Totally agree, but it sums up where we are in terms of paying for a squad this season. As you rightly say - who do we replace him with?

Cavan O'Doherty

An ok point in the end, but I really fear for us Saturday. With a potential midfield 2 of Sheaf and Shipley where is the bite going to come from? Might have to go 2 up front and bypass the midfield, we can’t play the way we do without Kelly and Hamer.

skybluepm2

8 unbeaten in the Championship. Decent that.

did we ever go that long unbeaten during our previous stint? Can’t be far off the record if so.

I still can’t see how we’ve gone from having the leakiest defence to one of the leanest in a matter of weeks. Pretty remarkable and credit to Robins and the coaching staff, along with the players. We’ve become very hard to beat, as was the case last season. Improve in the final third and stay injury and suspension free and we will only be looking up.

larry_david

Gotta say our 'squad' is embarrassing. We can use 5 sub, we're clearly knackered and we have no one to come on and change the game. That is a real concern

Johhny Blue

did we ever go that long unbeaten during our previous stint? Can’t be far off the record if so.

I still can’t see how we’ve gone from having the leakiest defence to one of the leanest in a matter of weeks. Pretty remarkable and credit to Robins and the coaching staff, along with the players. We’ve become very hard to beat, as was the case last season. Improve in the final third and stay injury and suspension free and we will only be looking up.
I agree we should be looking up. I will admit though I do take an occasional glance over my shoulder

DannyThomas_1981

A couple of years ago they were playing Man U and we were playing Cov Sporting (more or less). Perspective and all that. I agree re Dabo. The one player I thought would ease effortlessly into this league hasn't so far. Hey ho, life goes on and hopefully he'll make it. PUSB.
Talk about completely different views and perspectives. Dabo has been very impressive for the past 3-4 games in my book.

larry_david

Embarassing?

Yes you are
You alright pal? Nearly typed every word right there.

Tell me how having 9 on the bench, 2 games a week and literally no one worth coming on in these circumstances isn't pathetic. Injuries we have of course buut you telling me it's not worth putting Giles on for 20 mins for o hare who, BTW was so fucked that he waited for a hudds player to get close just to kick it out for as throw and then put his hands on his knees exhausted looking at the bench. And we take take him off on 89!!

Astute

Fuck me.

We were right in the middle of a relegation battle. Leaking goals and many couldn't see where our next point was coming from. Then we go on an 8 game undefeated run yet some do nothing but moan still.

22 sides out of 23 have a bigger budget than us. Our main striker is out injured. We have other important players injured. Yet we are supposed to win every week.

What happened to survival being the main aim this season? 🤔

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fuck me.

We were right in the middle of a relegation battle. Leaking goals and many couldn't see where our next point was coming from. Then we go on an 8 game undefeated run yet some do nothing but moan still.

22 sides out of 23 have a bigger budget than us. Our main striker is out injured. We have other important players injured. Yet we are supposed to win every week.

What happened to survival being the main aim this season? 🤔

So let me get this straight, you came on here to moan about people moaning?

Think you've been spending too long on that bloody brexit thread.

clint van damme

Talk about completely different views and perspectives. Dabo has been very impressive for the past 3-4 games in my book.

didn't think he was at his best last night but it's a high bar he's set himself. Strangely got subbed just has he was really getting into the game and had created instigated a couple of decent attacks.

Magwitch

Dabo is okay, teams do their homework and don’t allow him the room to play his attacking role as he would like, I’ve always said his final pass could be better but he has come back from injury got his match fitness up and part of a defence that hasn’t let in a goal from open play for weeks.

Astute

And Sunderland forum.
Ah when was that? Have seen several make comments about what they are saying but not been on there for several months. Told them how good Burge isn't. Now we all agree I have left them alone. But you do like to make your comments against me. This should be commended. Well done 🤦‍♂️

Astute

So let me get this straight, you came on here to moan about people moaning?

Think you've been spending too long on that bloody brexit thread.
I just don't get it. So many have become unrealistic as the season advances. Some were even unhappy with a point against Norwich.

Next they will expect us to pay for another striker with money we don't have in January.

Sick Boy

Ah when was that? Have seen several make comments about what they are saying but not been on there for several months. Told them how good Burge isn't. Now we all agree I have left them alone. But you do like to make your comments against me. This should be commended. Well done 🤦‍♂️
Still can’t take a joke then I see.

AlansEyes

I'm glad social media wasn't around during our Premier League days, the moaning when we failed to win almost every week would have been unbearable.

Yes, perhaps we could have gone two up front and gone for it, but it's a point earned. Also, let's be honest, as much as we moan when we don't win, every single side in the league will see us as a winnable game. Huddersfield didn't look great but let's not forget very recently they were in the top flight and we were in the fourth tier.

ms639

We went 7 unbeaten the year we got relegated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread