Match Thread Huddersfield (1 Viewer)

mark82

I'd make 2 changes (not half time, during second half). Giles on for McCallum to try to force Pipa back a bit with pace. Biamou for Allen to give a bit more presence up front later on. Not been bad so far. Even game.

Sky Blue Pete

Think Allen has done well. Sheaf grew into the game too. Love the McCallum that plays on instinct. Hamer lovely interplay with Ohare. They should have scored obviously but we’ve had a couple of really good chances. Super save by Wilson

lifeskyblue

Fairly even but Huddersfield had majority of possession. Walker isolated. Both teams should have scored. Both teams look decent with the ball. Huddersfield pressing higher than we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

Reckon it should be Max for Allen at half time. Walker is struggling against them on his own and apart from the one strike on goal, Allen's done a lot of running with little result.

fernandopartridge

These aren't a bad side but we've given them too much respect, we're about 10 yards too deep. Walker not in the game at all. We've put a couple of half decent moves together but not really looked like scoring.

Johnnythespider

I think we're doing ok, kept them to one real chance and had our own openings. The key to winning this is if we can get Dabo going down the right, Hamer playing well and running at them exploiting the space behind their press. All to play for.

Tommo1993

We’re either on the break or shoot on sight. Got no real team build up. Huddersfield better with the ball.

speedie87

Sheaf almost cost his us

But hamer outstanding tonight, his best game so far

McCallum is destroying pipa

Happy_Martian

Feck me Pipa is good .. going forward anyways

Pipa lucky not to have been booked for persistent fouling of McCallum in the first 15 mins.

Great_Expectations

Let’s hope it’s one of those games where we keep it tight and defensive first half, and second half we ease off the brake and play more offensively.

We’re good enough to compete and expose their defensive vulnerabilities, while maintaining a solid defence.

Sheaf has been too quiet thus far, and I’d like to see more from Dabo. Walker isn’t in the game enough but not sure if that’s him or the formation.

Allen seems to be playing as part of a flat three as opposed to alongside COH.

I would like to see Giles around 60 minutes to expose their RB. And Biamou to move up to two up front around the same point.

Evo1883

Reckon it should be Max for Allen at half time. Walker is struggling against them on his own and apart from the one strike on goal, Allen's done a lot of running with little result.
Allen played well I thought, not sure if taking a midfielder off is the best idea atm...
I'm not actually sure in my own mind how to get us on top here... In my head it's to go 4 accross the middle to nullify their wide play...

Difficult, they're a half decent side

Sky Blue Harry H

Pipa good going forward, but vulnerable as a defender. Hamer's ball to O'Hare - looked onside to me. They don't look much cop up front, but then we can't get Walker in the game. Take a point still, Could go either way. Wish we could get a couple of set pieces for Hamer/Osti.

Frostie

2 up too would work tonight. As we haven’t been able to get Walker really involved

But you'd have to sacrifice a midfield player against one of the top possession teams in the country - potentially suicidal.
Keep it tight like we generally have so far, can go 2 up top later on if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread