Hypothetical January Transfer Thread (1 Viewer)

steve82

I'm really thinking our owners will be happy with our current league position in relation to revenue streams, only problem is as OSB58 pointed out, it is likely we are losing money again so I think folk may need to be looking at who could possibly recoup a quick £500,000. I did hear that Leeds were looking at Jones but this may have been scuppered now ! I doubt we will spend without selling anyway.

I'd imagine getting Reid off the books and a sale of say Willis will give us some wriggle room and keep our SCMP within budget.

If we don't then I don't imagine we've much room for improvement given the seasons average attendance at the Ricoh in falling and currently around 7600 spectators. 76,500 have come through the gates at the Ricoh so far. The 3rd highest in the league behind Lincoln and Luton.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I thought Danny Rose was excellent, tho for us a opposition club he was a nightmare, did the all the stuff that frustrates fans unless he's one of your own. Had all the tricks that L2 players need. Knew when to hold, roll, back in and go down and win free kicks. Good footwork too, a proper menace.

You must have been watching another game to me, he was about as menacing as an episode of the Teletubbies. Didn’t work Burge in the slightest and looked like the wind would blow him over.

CCFC54321

Kyle Reid and Jordan Turnbull can stay away.... well away. Kyle Reid isn't the answer to our problems and we'd be better finding a suitable club to palm him of on to again, preferably not a valid promotion candidate tho as he's helped shaft this club once already. Turnbull is on a season loan at Partick so they'd be unlikely to sign him in this window.

Personally I only see 2 saleable assets on current form in Rod Mcdonald and Jordan Willis. Ben Stevenson's value must of dropped to a point it's not worth cashing in this window and hope in 6/12 months his performance levels peak again and we get that benefit.

I'd be more hoping for a bid for Jordan Willis if we're looking to buy to strengthen as I feel he's the only sizeable saleable asset we could lose and have a suitable replacement in Tom Davies ready to step in and the fee would likely be be around 350-500k.

Other than them it's only youth loans I could see going out, maybe the Kelly- Evans twins, Camwell and the loan of Kwame Thomas extended.

I don't predict any other outgoings. The likes of Vincenti, Beavon are only 6 months into 2 year deals.

Reality is that it's gonna be loans to strengthen in this window. I'd be more inclined to switch to a 442 over the winter and use wingers which we'd need getting in on loan and pairing McNulty and Biamou together or Nazon and Biamou. We certainly need a good right footed winger with pace as a minimum this window.
Two year contract for Vincenti. I give up I really do. Footballs gone barmy....

covcity4life

You must have been watching another game to me, he was about as menacing as an episode of the Teletubbies. Didn’t work Burge in the slightest and looked like the wind would blow him over.

steve has a habit of bigging up opposition players imo. not a troll, just an observation. it could be leveled at me that im too optimisitc i guess but i agree with you, he looked nout special

steve82

steve has a habit of bigging up opposition players imo. not a troll, just an observation. it could be leveled at me that im too optimisitc i guess but i agree with you, he looked nout special

It's ok for someone to have a different opinion to me, I welcome it personally.

A forum full of sheep and there would be nothing to talk or debate so his opinion is very welcome.

Now what I look for in a player and someone else may be totally different.
In that game at the Ricoh he didn't really have much opportunity to test Burge, not many sides do but when he did get a shot away he hit the post.

Now what I liked about him was the work he did between the lines and how he used his body, knew how to hold and back in to good effect. Not the biggest lad but he used his body to hold ground to win the ball and attempt to link up play. A intelligent player who's learned the tricks to excel in L2. This was the point I said opposition fans would hate his tricks, but if he's yours you love them.
Another point is he won nearly everything the ref had to make a decision on and got his team higher up the pitch.

He won nearly all his headers for flick ons against Jordan Willis from goal kicks as Mansfield targeted our right hand side of defence and when he didn't he won the foul. Yes the "indispensable player in the back 4" Willis lost everything in the air against him that day.

Now facts what cannot be misjudged from what we as CCFC fans seen in 1 game. He's 9 league goals in 17 apps, 11 goals in 20 apps in all competitions suggests he's very effective at this level more so than JJ and he's held in high regard for how well he's done.
Both different style of players but I think Danny Rose is very effective and will play at a higher level before JJ.

Last edited:

covcity4life

A forum full of sheep and there would be nothing to talk or debate so his opinion is very welcome.

In that game at the Ricoh he didn't really have much opportunity to test Burge, not many sides do but when he did get a shot away he hit the post.

Now what I liked about him was the work he did between the lines and how he used his body, knew how to hold and back in to good effect. Not the biggest lad but he used his body to hold ground to win the ball and attempt to link up play. A intelligent player who's learned the tricks to excel in L2. This was the point I said opposition fans would hate his tricks, but if he's yours you love them.
Another point is he won nearly everything the ref had to make a decision on and got his team higher up the pitch.

He won nearly all his headers for flick ons against Jordan Willis from goal kicks as Mansfield targeted our right hand side of defence and when he didn't he won the foul. Yes the "indispensable player in the back 4" Willis lost everything in the air against him that day.

Now facts what cannot be misjudged from what we as CCFC fans seen in 1 game. He's 9 league goals in 17 apps, 11 goals in 20 apps in all competitions suggests he's very effective at this level more so than JJ and he's held in high regard for how well he's done.
Both different style of players but I think Danny Rose is very effective and will play at a higher level before JJ.

you shouldn't use quotation marks for false statements. i never said willis was indispensable, i said i would not be looking to get rid of a starting cb in best defensive team in football league.

also nazon hit post and you said he fluffed all his chances,rose hits post and its a sign of greatness

hmmmmmm

steve82

you shouldn't use quotation marks for false statements. i never said willis was indispensable, i said i would not be looking to get rid of a starting cb in best defensive team in football league.

also nazon hit post and you said he fluffed all his chances,rose hits post and its a sign of greatness

hmmmmmm

Ok fair enough... I stated that you implied he's a indispensable member of the team.

Also I simply pointed out a fact from a game and stated he didn't really have much opportunity to test Burge and you can actually say he didn't... but he hit the post when he got in a position to get a shot away that's fact.
I think it's fair to say not many sides get many chances against us.

9 league goals and 3 assists says he contributes well to his side factored into the way he brings his team mates in the game too.

Nazon did hit the post last week very true except that was one of only two positive moments in the game. He equally had as many negative moments that outweighs his positive contributions and that is what he's been more marked down for in that game.

Don't clutch at straws and bring Nazon back in to conversations when plenty debated the facts on him and that and the feeling was very one sided about his contributions that day v Crawley.

covcity4life

Ok fair enough... I stated that you implied he's a indispensable member of the team.

Also I simply pointed out a fact from a game and stated he didn't really have much opportunity to test Burge and you can actually say he didn't... but he hit the post when he got in a position to get a shot away that's fact.
I think it's fair to say not many sides get many chances against us.

9 league goals and 3 assists says he contributes well to his side factored into the way he brings his team mates in the game too.

Nazon did hit the post last week very true except that was one of only two positive moments in the game. He equally had as many negative moments that outweighs his positive contributions and that is what he's been more marked down for in that game.

Don't clutch at straws and bring Nazon back in to conversations when plenty debated the facts on him and that and the feeling was very one sided about his contributions that day v Crawley.

dont get testy because i pulled you up on 2 mistakes you made.

i did not say he was indispensible and you do mark hitting the post differently for those you like and dislike. these are facts

as for rose so far we have 2 to 1 posters saying he made no significant impact so as you lvoe forum agreement stats so much maybe you should drop the rose love in and admit defeat?

i jest of course as you should stick to what you believe not wait for people to tell you are wrong and then change your views ,man up!

now in this case i make no judgement on rose, the stats you put up are good and the general talka bout him is positive,however in the ONE game i have seen him i dont think he was all that special and i think it is you cluthcing at straws talking about headers won when i dont think it registered with anyone else in the match thread that day, maybe you were looking for positives?

steve82

dont get testy because i pulled you up on 2 mistakes you made.

i did not say he was indispensible and you do mark hitting the post differently for those you like and dislike. these are facts

as for rose so far we have 2 to 1 posters saying he made no significant impact so as you lvoe forum agreement stats so much maybe you should drop the rose love in and admit defeat?

i jest of course as you should stick to what you believe not wait for people to tell you are wrong and then change your views ,man up!

now in this case i make no judgement on rose, the stats you put up are good and the general talka bout him is positive,however in the ONE game i have seen him i dont think he was all that special and i think it is you cluthcing at straws talking about headers won when i dont think it registered with anyone else in the match thread that day, maybe you were looking for positives?

Oh... two mistakes is it? Thanks for errm pulling me up. Definitely not getting testy, can assure you of that.

Im sorry to hear that the votes are 2/1 in favour of him having no severe impact tho it's not exactly out as a poll is it...... just 3 people's opinions. So let's not make a mountain of a mole hill and file it as decided or use as a stick to beat people with in a points system.

Like I said some may like what work he did during that game others will think he was ineffective as he never scored in the game we seen.

However I still stand by what I said that I thought he was a menace from what I've seen of him and stats suggest too. That's what makes us all different so there is no Rose lovin or Nazon hate agenda here.

Quite simply are my views different to yours..... I bloody hope so!!

clint van damme

Not a bad post. Agree that Beavon has to go, you can’t defend a striker that hasn’t scored since February.

Dembele at Grimsby would be a great winger to bring in but judging on Robin’s comments at the SBT that James Collins was too expensive for us in the summer, I dare say he would say that about Dembele too. I would welcome George Thomas back on loan and he needs the game time.

Striker wise, I’m not sure who is proven at this leve that we could bring in. I wasn’t impressed by Danny Rose when he played against us for Mansfield and he’s been linked with us. All he did was dive.

Dembele's a good shout and Thomas would be great but hasn't that one already been proven to be a non starter?

covcity4life

Oh... two mistakes is it? Thanks for errm pulling me up. Definitely not getting testy, can assure you of that.

Im sorry to hear that the votes are 2/1 in favour of him having no severe impact tho it's not exactly out as a poll is it...... just 3 people's opinions. So let's not make a mountain of a mole hill and file it as decided or use as a stick to beat people with in a points system.

Like I said some may like what work he did during that game others will think he was ineffective as he never scored in the game we seen.

However I still stand by what I said that I thought he was a menace from what I've seen of him and stats suggest too. That's what makes us all different so there is no Rose lovin or Nazon hate agenda here.

Quite simply are my views different to yours..... I bloody hope so!!

No issue with you have different views at all. I mentioned earlier that rose atats r good and he prob is a good player. I just didnt see it much when played us

Was no need for indispensible comment thats all re willis.

Nazon and rose will both continue to have good seasons in league 2 most probably

Grendel

Looks like he is pointing out that you think Stokes is a good player and he is also a substitute in league 2 as has the Duck been on quite a few occasions.
I don’t want Reid back by the way I was told exactly how he would preform for us by a Bradford fan before he came.
The bloke was spot he also told me Clarke’s legs had gone and that McNulty would run around all day create some stuff but never be the goalscorer that we hoped we have signed

There are loads of posts saying how you rated Reid. Shall we revisit them?

steve82

No issue with you have different views at all. I mentioned earlier that rose atats r good and he prob is a good player. I just didnt see it much when played us

Was no need for indispensible comment thats all re willis.

Nazon and rose will both continue to have good seasons in league 2 most probably

Well hopefully one will and that's Nazon.... hopefully someone poaches Rose and there promotion campaign takes a dent.

Re Willis, fair point..... I'm not here to be little people, I think you know that.... however fact remains Mansfield did there homework and did target the weakness in our statistically very strong defensive unit with the long ball to Willis. For a little guy he won too much tho thankfully they were unable to capitalise on it.

That is my concern going into the winter months, facing that long ball and more teams targeting the same area. Tom Davies mop's up all them balls easily.

dongonzalos

There are loads of posts saying how you rated Reid. Shall we revisit them?

You can if you want, but unless you have post from my mate who is a Bradford season ticket holder saying that he really rates Reid. Then you would be wasting your time.

covcity4life

Well hopefully one will and that's Nazon.... hopefully someone poaches Rose and there promotion campaign takes a dent.

Re Willis, fair point..... I'm not here to be little people, I think you know that.... however fact remains Mansfield did there homework and did target the weakness in our statistically very strong defensive unit with the long ball to Willis. For a little guy he won too much tho thankfully they were unable to capitalise on it.

That is my concern going into the winter months, facing that long ball and more teams targeting the same area. Tom Davies mop's up all them balls easily.

I cba to go back and watch mansfield gamw to see but ill take your word for it. Willis is an athlete but maybe one thing he needs to do it have a bruiser mentality added to his game to help him out 2nd half of season. Will keep a close eye on him next few games

steve82

I cba to go back and watch mansfield gamw to see but ill take your word for it. Willis is an athlete but maybe one thing he needs to do it have a bruiser mentality added to his game to help him out 2nd half of season. Will keep a close eye on him next few games

It's not every game, depends on the type of player he's job is to cover but he's not great at winning headers with players that hold and back into him.
Chris O'Grady, Jabo Ibhere, and Danny Rose are 3 off the top of my head that I recall had him most of the game.

On the ground he's possibly one of the best in the league toe to toe and you'd back him all the way.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Definitely mate, football is all about different opinions and that’s what makes it interesting. Also depends what game you see. I’m sure there would of been Oxford fans at the Checkatrade final that came away thinking that Kyle Reid was a great player!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yesterday illustrates more than ever how important this transfer window is.

It is now purely a case of limping through until this opens, and hoping we are still in enough contention. I think we will be though.

The blame for me doesn't fully rest with Robins at all, a lot of his signings, especially attacking wise have under performed in my opinion. Depending on which players we can move on, either permanently or on loan, I would say DKE, Vincenti, Nazon, Biamou, Stevenson, and Beavon are all expendable.

Robins has to be given more time, who else is going to do a better job? We are still well within a shout still and we've hit a really bad spell. If we pick it up and win 3 or 4 within a short period of time we will be in the autos most likely. This league isn't good, but we have to be patient. It is a marathon, not a sprint.

Nick

Administrator
You do realise Nazon is a loanee right?

All of the others having pretty long contracts, so it means somebody buying them from us. Can you see it?

I agree about more time, he needs to adapt and start thinking up gameplans like we see teams do against us every week.

Nick

Administrator
Just under half of the squad is out of contract next year.

Mostly the kids isn't it?

Most of them will be 2019, all of those he listed are. I think DKE has a club choice of an extension to 2019 so that would be an option if they didn't want him next year.

skybluebeduff

Mostly the kids isn't it?

Most of them will be 2019, all of those he listed are. I think DKE has a club choice of an extension to 2019 so that would be an option if they didn't want him next year.
Most yeah, but it will reduce our squad of 33 down to 18.

Nick

Administrator
Willis being the main one, time to cash in on him in my opinion.

Think you are looking at Transfermarket too? I had a look at that but Willis signed an extension to June 2019.

Doyle will be the main one I think, the rest of the bigger earners will all be the year after.

Nick

Administrator
He signed a new one in October, which nobody really expected.

So the Vincenti's, Beavons, Biamou aren't going to be that easy to shift. If we loan them it's probably going to be to a lower L2 team or conference where they aren't going to want to pay all the wages or they arent going to be full time so will still be here for most of it like K Thomas. If we want them out the door we need to pay them off, get somebody to buy them or get another team to pay them out of the contract.

Also, how will it make Robins and Widdrington look if come January 1st he is trying to get rid of everybody he has just bought in?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You do realise Nazon is a loanee right?

All of the others having pretty long contracts, so it means somebody buying them from us. Can you see it?

I agree about more time, he needs to adapt and start thinking up gameplans like we see teams do against us every week.
He signed a new one in October, which nobody really expected.

So the Vincenti's, Beavons, Biamou aren't going to be that easy to shift. If we loan them it's probably going to be to a lower L2 team or conference where they aren't going to want to pay all the wages or they arent going to be full time so will still be here for most of it like K Thomas. If we want them out the door we need to pay them off, get somebody to buy them or get another team to pay them out of the contract.

Also, how will it make Robins and Widdrington look if come January 1st he is trying to get rid of everybody he has just bought in?

Yes, I know Nazon is a loanee, and his deal expires in January. That means in January we could send him back, and free up some wages.

Vinenti, Beavon, and Biamou may be harder to shift, but someone would probably take them on loan even if it is a league below. It's tough shit on them really, they should have performed better.

I also don't think anyone should care how they look in January. Accepting that things need improvement and doing some dealings in January is a better option than being too stubborn and keeping it the same, which could cost us promotion. As Robins said yesterday 'we need to do something in January', I would probably say he agrees more with me on this one.

Legia Sky Blue

I notice John Akinde is fit again and playing for Barnet, and quickly getting amongst the goals. He always scores goals at this level despite playing for a mid/ low level team & while I know it would involve a transfer fee of some kind, I really think it would make a big statement to both our fans and rivals that we mean business. We really need to do something before our season goes completely south.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Firstly, people have said to cash in on McDonald or Willis - our defence has been our biggest strength this season, for the first time in years, why would we want to break that up? If we need to cash in, make it Stevenson or Shipley.

Secondly, with Biamou, I’m fed up of strikers that ‘work the defenders’ and ‘run the channels’ but can’t fucking score.
Lee Mills, Andy Morrell, Robbie Simpson, Leon McKenzie, Clive Platt, John Stead, Freddie Sears, Marcus Tudgay, Darius Henderson, Stuart Beavon and now Biamou - for the last 10 years we’ve had to put up with ‘hard working strikers’ that can’t score more than 4 goals a season. Enough is enough. Every future striker we sign should have a clause in their contract that says if you haven’t scored 5 goals by January then your contract is torn up. Strikers are there to score goals otherwise you might as well just sling a centre back upfront.

Big fan of Robins and I think he knows he needs to do something with this squad.

Terry Gibson's perm

Firstly, people have said to cash in on McDonald or Willis - our defence has been our biggest strength this season, for the first time in years, why would we want to break that up? If we need to cash in, make it Stevenson or Shipley.

Secondly, with Biamou, I’m fed up of strikers that ‘work the defenders’ and ‘run the channels’ but can’t fucking score.
Lee Mills, Andy Morrell, Robbie Simpson, Leon McKenzie, Clive Platt, John Stead, Freddie Sears, Marcus Tudgay, Darius Henderson, Stuart Beavon and now Biamou - for the last 10 years we’ve had to put up with ‘hard working strikers’ that can’t score more than 4 goals a season. Enough is enough. Every future striker we sign should have a clause in their contract that says if you haven’t scored 5 goals by January then your contract is torn up. Strikers are there to score goals otherwise you might as well just sling a centre back upfront.

Big fan of Robins and I think he knows he needs to do something with this squad.

I think Davies is a good replacement at this level for either centre back.

But I agree about the strikers that run around but don't score they are pointless when Beavon came on Saturday I said that's a nil then I don't think he has the hunger to score as he has got away with managers praising his work rate for years, you need players on the bench that can make a difference not producing the same threat or less.

Users who are viewing this thread