I see no S. T. yet. (1 Viewer)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Love the way seasons going but I am starting to get a little concerned by no news on S.T.we are a month late and nothing. IMO it would be against Frasers interest to block it the situation not knowing which division should not be a problem X for this and Y for that.I'm just curious does anyone know.

bigfatronssba

From the sounds of it Doug King is trying to negotiate a share of match day income into the agreement. I imagine that is where the sticking point is

Sky Blue Pete

From the sounds of it Doug King is trying to negotiate a share of match day income into the agreement. I imagine that is where the sticking point is
That may be a positive perspective. I was trying to put my big boy argumentative pants on at the supporters forum but he had no intention of engaging on an arena deal with us. There were so many better answers he could have given than we know it’s important and it will be announced when it’s announced

Saddlebrains

That may be a positive perspective. I was trying to put my big boy argumentative pants on at the supporters forum but he had no intention of engaging on an arena deal with us. There were so many better answers he could have given than we know it’s important and it will be announced when it’s announced

Does that not worry you a bit?

It worries me

NorthernWisdom

The ground's definitely the thing that stands out so far from king - doing up Ryton etc is all great, as is expanding th cub's staff , that's all excellent work. When he bought the club though, he admitted he hadn't really considered the ground in with the club, his late bid was a bit of an afterthought, and he seems remarkably relaxed about the rent deal. Now, optimistically(!) maybe that's why he's in charge and I'm not, and he's confident there's no issue. I can't help but worry he hasn't considered the difficulties before buying the club, and our recent history wrt grounds doesn't help relax me either!

Or, he's in league with Ashley, this is all being done to make it look legit, and Eakin will be ripping King's mask off Scooby Doo style in a week or two to reveal Ashley underneath.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

From what you say Sky Blue Pete I get the negotiations were at a sensitive stage and he didn't want to make any comment .I am normally a optimist but I think the longer this goes the more my optimism wains

Grendel

It’s odd. King whatever he is isn’t stupid and you’d assume this had been assessed at point of takeover - though I’d be surprised if Sisu don’t have wine shares in the new company

Sick Boy

Could it be because they’re waiting to see whether we’ll go up this season? Presumably they’d be some kind of rent increase included for promotion to the PL already as part of negotiations.

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

The ground's definitely the thing that stands out so far from king - doing up Ryton etc is all great, as is expanding th cub's staff , that's all excellent work. When he bought the club though, he admitted he hadn't really considered the ground in with the club, his late bid was a bit of an afterthought, and he seems remarkably relaxed about the rent deal. Now, optimistically(!) maybe that's why he's in charge and I'm not, and he's confident there's no issue. I can't help but worry he hasn't considered the difficulties before buying the club, and our recent history wrt grounds doesn't help relax me either!

Or, he's in league with Ashley, this is all being done to make it look legit, and Eakin will be ripping King's mask off Scooby Doo style in a week or two to reveal Ashley underneath.
Like that idea

I think dk hoped to get the ground and is now playing reactive leading with an extremely exciting set of results and opportunities. He could sell if we’re promoted and make £100m with no effort whatsoever.

I don’t know much at all but I’ve heard nothing to suggest that Fraser group have any interest at all in ccfc ownership!

Much like my conversations with Joy and Derek I am flabbergasted that it’s not possible for two individual companies to sit in a room and agree a deal especially when success is dependent on each other. More so for ccfc

Feels wrong to worry about this and cause doubt and frustration at this time but it’s so so important

Probably makes it all the more important we take our chances over the next few weeks and do the unimaginable

Sky Blue Pete

From what you say Sky Blue Pete I get the negotiations were at a sensitive stage and he didn't want to make any comment .I am normally a optimist but I think the longer this goes the more my optimism wains
Should have said that then
I wish I’d pushed it and said are there actual discussions taking place to see if that was a simple yes or no

SBT

It’s odd. King whatever he is isn’t stupid and you’d assume this had been assessed at point of takeover - though I’d be surprised if Sisu don’t have wine shares in the new company
“People ask why we didn’t get involved in the stadium beforehand and the reason is we hadn’t really thought it through beforehand”

Greggs

£600 season tickets if we get promoted, £400 if we don't. That's part of the reason that they are waiting, i guess?

edgy

Could it be because they’re waiting to see whether we’ll go up this season? Presumably they’d be some kind of rent increase included for promotion to the PL already as part of negotiations.

Think it's quite possible this is the main hold up.

PL football changes everything. Massively.

If we lose a game, the ticket prices will be announced.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

£600 season tickets if we get promoted, £400 if we don't. That's part of the reason that they are waiting, i guess?
That would make over 100% price increase per game from £15 to £31.58 I think not.Unless you charge by zones the season just being played 15 clubs offered their cheapest at less than that this season

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Think it's quite possible this is the main hold up.

PL football changes everything. Massively.

If we lose a game, the ticket prices will be announced.

It could be this but i also think they'd find it hard to launch prices for next season when they can't confirm whether we will be playing in Coventry or not. Hopefully this is the last time we have any of this horseshit to deal with for a fucking long time.

theferret

There's less need to put prices up if we're promoted than if we don't. Gate revenues become a small % of turnover. It's why Bournemouth get by on crowds of 10K and are in no rush to expand. Didn't their chairman say a few years ago they could play in front of an empty ground and it would make little difference to their finances? The TV money is mental. I'd like to think we'd keep a lid on prices if we went up.

I buy 4 season tickets, but anything over 10% increase I'm really struggling. Will probably still buy regardless, but talk of £500 is a worry.

CJ_covblaze

I’m expecting somewhere in the 400-450 bracket regardless of the league we’re in. As others have said there are four less games in the PL and the revenues go up significantly so the overall cost shouldn’t vary that much.

fatso

I'm sure I read about a month ago, that an announcement on this was imminent,

Does anyone know if its still imminent?

Grendel

There's less need to put prices up if we're promoted than if we don't. Gate revenues become a small % of turnover. It's why Bournemouth get by on crowds of 10K and are in no rush to expand. Didn't their chairman say a few years ago they could play in front of an empty ground and it would make little difference to their finances? The TV money is mental. I'd like to think we'd keep a lid on prices if we went up.

I buy 4 season tickets, but anything over 10% increase I'm really struggling. Will probably still buy regardless, but talk of £500 is a worry.

King would just see better league = more money

Bournemouth seats in the centre are £750

theferret

King would just see better league = more money

Bournemouth seats in the centre are £750

You're probably right on that. I hope he goes the other way though. Forest had season tickets starting at £385 this season, a few clubs are below £400 and around half the PL have season tickets available below £500.

Sky Blue Pete

You're probably right on that. I hope he goes the other way though. Forest had season tickets starting at £385 this season, a few clubs are below £400 and around half the PL have season tickets available below £500.
He needs to balance things and keep the momentum from 6 years of growth and not risk it on theory that you can rinse more money out of kids and pensioners just cause it looks good on paper

chiefdave

Personally £500 would be the point at which I'd think twice. And before anyone starts that doesn't mean I want them to be £500

If they go back to different prices for different areas it has to be enforced. No point paying extra for a 'premium' season ticket when people are wandering around and sitting where they like. Seems to be a thing unique to football

Going forward I think they need to look at maximising the revenue, look how concert tickets have changed in the last 10 years with VIP packages, some of which are over a grand for a gig that costs less than £100. Appreciate they've got the legends and club coventry memberships but I'm always put off those with the car parking restriction, it includes parking but only if you buy 4 memeberships, makes it seem like you're not getting the full package if there's not 4 of you. Obviously there's a lack of onsite parking but maybe if there's not room for everyone onsite include offsite parking for people buying 1-3 memberships

Sky Blue Pete

Personally £500 would be the point at which I'd think twice. And before anyone starts that doesn't mean I want them to be £500

If they go back to different prices for different areas it has to be enforced. No point paying extra for a 'premium' season ticket when people are wandering around and sitting where they like. Seems to be a thing unique to football

Going forward I think they need to look at maximising the revenue, look how concert tickets have changed in the last 10 years with VIP packages, some of which are over a grand for a gig that costs less than £100. Appreciate they've got the legends and club coventry memberships but I'm always put off those with the car parking restriction, it includes parking but only if you buy 4 memeberships, makes it seem like you're not getting the full package if there's not 4 of you. Obviously there's a lack of onsite parking but maybe if there's not room for everyone onsite include offsite parking for people buying 1-3 memberships
He sees season tickets and ticketing revenue as the most important aspect of revenue

Grendel

He needs to balance things and keep the momentum from 6 years of growth and not risk it on theory that you can rinse more money out of kids and pensioners just cause it looks good on paper

He will associate growth with customer revenue increase. I think he and his brother (who he clearly will sound out) think the prices now seem very low when divided by 23.

Different era means different approach

Sky Blue Pete

He will associate growth with customer revenue increase. I think he and his brother (who he clearly will sound out) think the prices now seem very low when divided by 23.

Different era means different approach
Yep and I’m happy with that it’s a balance and you need to listen when you have no experience

Users who are viewing this thread