I was there when..... (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

He did, before us. Had a strange career he did, League Cup final appearance too, top flight after us with Derby... but career was done and dusted at a pretty young age really!
Not a winger, a left midfielder? Im pretty sure Derby paid us quite a bit for him. £750k - £1mil. Part of an earlier Derby splurge…think they bought John Gregory etc too?
When I think back I’m not quite sure what he did. However, cup winner ergo Cov Legend. seem to remember him scoring the winner vs Liverpool one year. Stood in the kop and the Liverpool fans started throwing stones at us.

olderskyblue

I was there (somebody please tell me they were too) when the away fans were put in that pen in the Spion Kop (nearest the main stand). I'm 90% plus sure it was against Everton and there was a mass snowball fight on the kop. May have been late 70s, possibly early 80s (I have a book somewhere that ought to help me pin it down!) I've mentioned it before on here, but don't think I have seen anyone else recall it!
It was Everton, and it was a random snowball fight until their lot got organised, and all let loose at once, and we got carpet bombed by snowballs :ROFLMAO:

The Great Eastern

I was there at Luton (away) when Stuart Pearce scored a remarkable own goal with a diving header. Probably on par with Keith Houchens at Wembley 😁Think it was his 2nd or 3rd game for us after signing from Wealdstone. We went on to win the game 4-2 !

skybluelee

Was anybody here at the Millwall FMC game in 85/86, our lowest post-war attendance in Cov of about 1,500?

Edit: probably not the lowest anymore given the number of JPT matches we've played recently.

Hertsccfc

Was anybody here at the Millwall FMC game in 85/86, our lowest post-war attendance in Cov of about 1,500?

Edit: probably not the lowest anymore given the number of JPT matches we've played recently.
No but I remember going to some matches at Plough Lane against Wimbledon which were some of the lowest ever top league attendances.

tbh444

I was there when Chelsea turned up in our away kit, remember it being midweek, wet and they hardly had any fans. Comfortably beat them as was normal in those days (paul williams goal?) and le bouef spat (or stamped) on the kit at full time

Hutch11

I was there at Leeds in the very early 80s , we drew 0-0 and there was about 20 of us or so it seemed

Sky Blue Harry H

I was there at Bolton one year that was the coldest I've ever been at a game
We won with a late Salako penalty iirc

I was there at MK Dons away (the Hockey Stadium) We won about 3-1, but it was so cold that when we scored, most of our fans were too cold to do much more than shiver a bit more than they already were. Took me hours to defrost after that game!

slowpoke

I was there Highfield Road March 72 when the match v Sheffield United was abandoned
Yes losing 0-2 if I remember correct but won the replayed fixture, I think 2-0 and I’m also sure it was a season we stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

Sky Blue Harry H

I was there on the station at Chesterfield when Tim Fisher got a roasting by a group of our vans (gutted I never appeared on the video of it, but refused to give up my place on the bench for 5 seconds of 'fame') !

Frostie

I was there at MK Dons away (the Hockey Stadium) We won about 3-1, but it was so cold that when we scored, most of our fans were too cold to do much more than shiver a bit more than they already were. Took me hours to defrost after that game!

Remember it well 🥶
Believe they were still calling themselves Wimbledon that season despite being in MK. Wholly bizarre & should never have been allowed to happen.

Off the top of my head, only the Withdean Stadium in Brighton was probably a worse experience.

DannyThomas_1981

I was there when we played Wimbledon around 1992 at Selhurst Park - third lowest ever Premier league attendance at a little over 3,000. #Hero.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I was there when Chelsea turned up in our away kit, remember it being midweek, wet and they hardly had any fans. Comfortably beat them as was normal in those days (paul williams goal?) and le bouef spat (or stamped) on the kit at full time
Their fans sang " 1-0......and we're in your kit"

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I was there - At Hillsborough on a Monday evening in December '95 to witness Dion score a hat trick to reward us a.... 4-3 defeat.
And radio 5 live or whatever it was at the time said they felt sorry for the 49 Coventry fans who had made the trip. You being one of course 👍

Users who are viewing this thread