Idiots (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I'm not missing any point. You said it was denial to say that the outgoings will just be slashed to match the incomings.

I don't think economics are his strong point

Brylowes

Isn't it true though? Less money in, they cut the costs even more?

People said this months ago, then there was massive surprise and shock when Fisher mentioned it.
Less money in or not, they will still cut costs, the club is getting smaller all the time, take last
Season with the unexpected (yet short lived) upturn in fortunes.
Crowds significantly increased, as did revenues from merchandise, but it didn't take SISU to
Long to Come to the fore fretting about "forecasting irregularities" and "miscalculations"
So although more people were going than had for a good while, cost cutting still continued,
And will do so for as long as this Virus has a stranglehold on this club.

Astute

We won't end up with a few hundred.

If that was to happen it would be the conference or something, SISU still wouldn't be putting any money in or losing out as they will have slashed the outgoings to suit.
Where do you think that we are heading? Looks like we will be one step away from the conference in a few months time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Isn't it true though? Less money in, they cut the costs even more?

People said this months ago, then there was massive surprise and shock when Fisher mentioned it.

Lets say that balancing the books is the way the club is now operating. The club won't spend what it hasn't got. If you hammer home to everyone that the club is 100% independent financially from SISU, that no money we put in goes to SISU, you will never persuade thousands of those who have voted not to go and support them . Why ? They won't believe a word of it.

Let me ask this . Just suppose we suddenly double our season ticket holders to 10,000 next season. We average around 16,000 per home game. Suddenly we have , on the face of it, more money coming in . Do you honestly believe Fisher will announce there is money to spend? Do you think we will be able to attract better players ? And do you really believe that supporters would for one minute believe the idea that SISU won't be interested in taking a cut ?. Fisher will burble on about costs increasing, lost revenue etc and absolutely nothing will change.

Nick

Administrator
Lets say that balancing the books is the way the club is now operating. The club won't spend what it hasn't got. If you hammer home to everyone that the club is 100% independent financially from SISU, that no money we put in goes to SISU, you will never persuade thousands of those who have voted not to go and support them . Why ? They won't believe a word of it.

Let me ask this . Just suppose we suddenly double our season ticket holders to 10,000 next season. We average around 16,000 per home game. Suddenly we have , on the face of it, more money coming in . Do you honestly believe Fisher will announce there is money to spend? Do you think we will be able to attract better players ? And do you really believe that supporters would for one minute believe the idea that SISU won't be interested in taking a cut ?. Fisher will burble on about costs increasing, lost revenue etc and absolutely nothing will change.
Surely the fans should be looking at facts to judge the situation?

Why wouldn't they listen to people like osb rather than juggy or Nigel?

It's not about facts strangely. It's about the best list to get angry about.

The amount of people who seem to think running a football club just consists of player wages and transfers is quite worrying. :(

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What are the facts, and where is the proof ?

Astute

Surely the fans should be looking for facts to judge the situation?
Facts?

TM was promised 60% of all income including transfer fees received. He didn't get it.

We were then told what the break even gates were. We exceeded them. Then we were told that they got the numbers disastrously wrong and it was well above our gates so we couldn't strengthen when the other teams were. So we plummeted down the table.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Nick, persuade me that if we increase our gates by bumping up our season tickets next year in division 4 our club will have more money to spend on developing the team, the academy etc, bearing in mind that costs won't have risen dramatically (and that's just as important). Give me the facts and figures. I'm willing to be persuaded.

Warwickhunt

I think OSB has done this countless times on here to be quite honest!

Nick

Administrator
Nick, persuade me that if we increase our gates by bumping up our season tickets next year in division 4 our club will have more money to spend on developing the team, the academy etc, bearing in mind that costs won't have risen dramatically (and that's just as important). Give me the facts and figures. I'm willing to be persuaded.

Moving away from money going into the club going to sisu that you said people won't believe otherwise?

The academy is still being paid for and was audited as cat 2.

I can't predict next year so it wouldn't be a fact would it. I'm going off about what's happened so far. The money isn't going out the club as they want it to tick over and not bother them.

I wouldn't have predicted offers would be rejected for players.

Can you convince me my money will go to sisu?

Nick

Administrator
Facts?

TM was promised 60% of all income including transfer fees received. He didn't get it.

We were then told what the break even gates were. We exceeded them. Then we were told that they got the numbers disastrously wrong and it was well above our gates so we couldn't strengthen when the other teams were. So we plummeted down the table.

Was that with Mowbray? How many players did he bring in in the winter window compared to how many went last year?

No, other than Jones players weren't bought last season but there was still a few more heads to pay for.

How much more those cost I don't know.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

...and you have proof that money isn't going to SISU ? That's at the nub of it for the majority of people .

Nick

Administrator
...and you have proof that money isn't going to SISU ? That's at the nub of it for the majority of people .
Have a look through the multiple threads discussing it. Ones were osb has been through accounts. I'm pretty sure it would be headline news the second it's shown they are taking money.

Do you have proof it is going to them?

How many people think it is because of the headline about sisu directors being paid etc?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If they were taking money no one would be surprised. It might make tabloid headlines but do you really believe supporters would be shocked ? if you do you are really out of touch.
I have no proof they are taking money in the same way you have no proof to the contrary. What I have is a football club destroyed by an owner who has disemboweled it for the insatiable desire for profit.

Sub

Have a look through the multiple threads discussing it. Ones were osb has been through accounts. I'm pretty sure it would be headline news the second it's shown they are taking money.

Do you have proof it is going to them?

It does seem strange that CCFC make 1 million profit (according to fisher)
Then Suddenly 650000 (i think it was that amount) appears in an account for SISU employees for loans that might not need to be paid back. Is there a link between the two things??? i dont know enough about it to have a clue so its just a question perhaps someone could answer?

skybluetony176

Facts?

You do have to wonder at what point TM found out that he wasn't getting 60% of everything including transfer fees. We certainly seemed to be going into the closed season believing that but despite people insisting that we had a top six or top half of the table budget at the beginning of the season it was pretty obvious from our recruitment that wasn't the case. Did it change mid way through pre season? Is that why we couldn't get our number one targets? Is the failed recruitment policy down to a failed financial policy change during the transfer window?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If they were taking money no one would be surprised. It might make tabloid headlines but do you really believe supporters would be shocked ? if you do you are really out of touch.
I have no proof they are taking money in the same way you have no proof to the contrary. What I have is a football club destroyed by an owner who has disemboweled it for the insatiable desire for profit.

I didn't say shocked as legally they are entitled to if they want to. Let's not pretend it wouldn't be spun too high heaven.

There's no basis behind the nopm stuff, the statements about our money going to sisu etc.

People aren't interested if things are fact or not are they? More people will listen to things line juggy shouting where's the money over and over than osb saying where the money actually is.

Nick

Administrator
You do have to wonder at what point TM found out that he wasn't getting 60% of everything including transfer fees. We certainly seemed to be going into the closed season believing that but despite people insisting that we had a top six or top half of the table budget at the beginning of the season it was pretty obvious from our recruitment that wasn't the case. Did it change mid way through pre season? Is that why we couldn't get our number one targets? Is the failed recruitment policy down to a failed financial policy change during the transfer window?

He was still chasing people like Wilson at the end of the window wasn't he?

Nick

Administrator
It does seem strange that CCFC make 1 million profit (according to fisher)
Then Suddenly 650000 (i think it was that amount) appears in an account for SISU employees for loans that might not need to be paid back. Is there a link between the two things??? i dont know enough about it to have a clue so its just a question perhaps someone could answer?

It's been explained on other threads ;)

Hobo

I didn't say shocked as legally they are entitled to if they want to. Let's not pretend it wouldn't be spun too high heaven.

There's no basis behind the nopm stuff, the statements about our money going to sisu etc.

People aren't interested if things are fact or not are they? More people will listen to things line juggy shouting where's the money over and over than osb saying where the money actually is.

NOPM made sense when we were playing in Northampton, it was saying we don't support this move this stance. Since returning to The Ricoh it has made no sense at all.

The biggest problem now is not the budget, but the clubs relationship with its fans: the distinct lack of leadership and desire to move the club forward.

Brylowes

A professional football club by definition, must always strive to grow and succeed, steady investment
Will always be required to at the very least try to improve. It's a business that relies squarely on the
Backing of its customer base and being in a prominent enough position to be able to attract outside
Investment (sponsorship)
We currently do neither, in fact on the contrary 'our owners openly admit they will not be contributing
Anything to the cause, they are happy to watch us "wither away"
So firstly what Is the point of them leading this club.
And secondly what is the point of us following.

Nick

Administrator
NOPM made sense when we were playing in Northampton, it was saying we don't support this move this stance. Since returning to The Ricoh it has made no sense at all.

The biggest problem now is not the budget, but the clubs relationship with its fans: the distinct lack of leadership and desire to move the club forward.

Agree with that, break even could be done in a much better way!

clint van damme

That's exactly how I see it, a club can be ran break even and still flourish if it's done correctly. Unfortunately what is happening at City is about as far removed from doing it correctly as you can get.

Grendel

A professional football club by definition, must always strive to grow and succeed, steady investment
Will always be required to at the very least try to improve. It's a business that relies squarely on the
Backing of its customer base and being in a prominent enough position to be able to attract outside
Investment (sponsorship)
We currently do neither, in fact on the contrary 'our owners openly admit they will not be contributing
Anything to the cause, they are happy to watch us "wither away"
So firstly what Is the point of them leading this club.
And secondly what is the point of us following.

So you wouldn't be up for a fan ownership model then?

skybluetony176

He was still chasing people like Wilson at the end of the window wasn't he?

I don't know. Was he? What budget was he chasing him with? The 60% budget he was expecting as we went into the closed season or the bottom half of the table budget we ended up with? If it's the later I think its fair to say that we ended up with bottom half of the table player's. That's not a recruitment issue that's a budget issue.

Brylowes

There maybe some still doing NOPM, after all if they say they are, who am I or anyone
Else to call them a liar. But I think it's generally accepted that people are just giving up
With the current regime, and who can blame them.

Nick

Administrator
There maybe some still doing NOPM, after all if they say they are, who am I or anyone
Else to call them a liar. But I think it's generally accepted that people are just giving up
With the current regime, and who can blame them.

Most are giving up because the football is shite.

skybluetony176

Most are giving up because the football is shite.

Which is still a reflection of the shit state of affairs at the club. You need to get over your fixation on who is genuinely NOPM and whose just gave up. It doesn't matter. It's all cause and effect and you should be concentrating on the cause. Personally I wish the phrase NOPM was never coined. It's given people like you a useful distraction from the crux of the problem.

Nick

Administrator
Which is still a reflection of the shit state of affairs at the club. You need to get over your fixation on who is genuinely NOPM and whose just gave up. It doesn't matter. It's all cause and effect and you should be concentrating on the cause. Personally I wish the phrase NOPM was never coined. It's given people like you a useful distraction from the crux of the problem.

"people like me"? OK Tony.

I think people making shit up constantly gives enough of a distraction away from the actual issues.

Point is, if the football got better whether it was under SISU or not people would be back. People are already saying they will give up NOPM (their words, not mine) for a day at Wembley and it is still under SISU.

It isn't a fixation, I can distinguish who is NOPM and who has given up. Those who are NOPM feel they need to tell everybody every 10 minutes about it expecting a medal.

Users who are viewing this thread