Idiots (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Most are giving up because the football is shite.
That is true to some extent but lets face it over the past 20 odd years we've all seen shite but we've come back for more. The difference now is that there is no sense of hope for the future. We've reached a dead end. People have given up and when that happens they vote with their feet. Leaving SISU aside the blame for that lies with Tim Fisher, who has absolutely no rapport with the supporters and in fact appears an antagonist. It looks like relegation again and whereas when we were relegated from the Premiership and to a lesser extent the Championship supporters genuinely thought we had a chance or promotion I doubt that now. Many feel we have a fair chance of dropping out of the league altogether Those running the club need to do something to change the situation and that is not happening.

Grendel

I don't know. Was he? What budget was he chasing him with? The 60% budget he was expecting as we went into the closed season or the bottom half of the table budget we ended up with? If it's the later I think its fair to say that we ended up with bottom half of the table player's. That's not a recruitment issue that's a budget issue.

If our budget is at the bottom half then the vast majority of clubs never reach the budget limit anyway so the argument is not valid. He would have known his spend limits and would have been told. His very first action was to offer contracts to players who would never make a significant contribution - bad start and it got worse. Ghadzev (another great signing) and Jones (paid a fee nowhere near good enough for a major impact) were effectively signed for this season.

ajsccfc

Most are giving up because the football is shite.
I think it's largely a knock-on thing. I can accept us just being shit (Lord knows we've had the practice) but I can't keep mustering up enthusiasm when you consider the reasons we're shit. I'd be almost willing to crack on if we were treated with anything bar absolute contempt by the owners, but that 'who gives a fuck?' attitude is contagious.

NortonSkyBlue

Agree with that, break even could be done in a much better way!
Lesson number 1. Don't alienate your customer base! to operate we need to be commercial and our fanbase is crucial to this(has it reached its saturation point? is there room for growth? CCFC behind in this part as we are just about scratching the surface of its potential) and keeping control of your operating costs to ensure you are a solvent trading entity(this is the part that kills most clubs so CCFC are ahead here).
Once these two parts are reconciled you have a chance to push forward and grow the revenue streams accordingly.
The problem we have is it is impossible to grow without the owners engaging the fans, creating a positive vibe( they have a chance even now to re-engage fans if we get to Wembley)
Burnley were on their knees in 2008 I think it was and asked their fans to commit to buying season tickets and they would get the next season free. What happened was 7000 extra fans bought season tickets and they got promoted. They were now in the premier league and could have reaped much more money by saying that the offer applied only to the championship but they honored the agreement.
Many of their fans said no we want to push forward, you need our cash, just ensure we get our seats in the premier league.
That is pro active owner/fan interaction and we all know that sort of attitude 'we are in it together"doesn't exist here.

skybluetony176

If our budget is at the bottom half then the vast majority of clubs never reach the budget limit anyway so the argument is not valid. He would have known his spend limits and would have been told. His very first action was to offer contracts to players who would never make a significant contribution - bad start and it got worse. Ghadzev (another great signing) and Jones (paid a fee nowhere near good enough for a major impact) were effectively signed for this season.

Funny how you never applied that logic last season. Funnily enough last season didn't it turn out we had the eighth best budget in the league? Where did we finish?

Pretty sure you were also one of the posters on here insisting at the start of the season that we had a top end of the half budget giving me a hard time for suggesting we didn't and giving the then manager a hard time pointing to the budget as a measure of underachieving. Funny how the worm turns when suits.

covcity4life

Funny how you never applied that logic last season. Funnily enough last season didn't it turn out we had the eighth best budget in the league? Where did we finish?

Pretty sure you were also one of the posters on here insisting at the start of the season that we had a top end of the half budget giving me a hard time for suggesting we didn't and giving the then manager a hard time pointing to the budget as a measure of underachieving. Funny how the worm turns when suits.

indeed he did

high or low budget its never sisu fault apparently.

and btw i used to stand up for sisu and our budget. when we were told its top 10 thatw as acceptable to me. but now its lower mid table and we are starting to see that 2 different managers are missing out on targets. its clearly budget hindering us

Grendel

No I didn't - I said our spend is not below average and I have always said a budget argument is utterly pointless. You could have the worst budget in the league but spend more a club in the top 6.

skybluetony176

No I didn't - I said our spend is not below average and I have always said a budget argument is utterly pointless. You could have the worst budget in the league but spend more a club in the top 6.

Oh really?

Time to bring the curtain down

And I quote "People can complain about budgets but he has a bigger budget than at least 3 teams in the top 6"

As officer Hops said. It's your word against yours.

Last edited:

Grendel

Anyone else would be totally embarrassed to be proven a liar time after time, yet he keeps digging

The whole premise was correct. Yes we did have a high wage bill and yes the cracks were showing - as I identified in the very early stages.

skybluetony176

Yes one of my best ones which showed that Mowbray should have been shown the door a long long time ago. Is that the one where you said Cole could be the signing of the season?

It's probably the one where you said I said that when in fact I only said that about Armstrong when he signed on for the rest of the season. You keep saying it, I'm sure it will become fact if you say it enough times.

covmark

It's probably the one where you said I said that when in fact I only said that about Armstrong when he signed on for the rest of the season. You keep saying it, I'm sure it will become fact if you say it enough times.
You said. I said, I only said. You keep saying.

You lot could do with stepping away from the keyboard for a while.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Have you joined SBK on the park bench supping his meths? It's the only explanation

Grendel

Sky Blue Kid

_68436167_ac_invacar2.jpg
Personalised plates too.... "The Prick Grenduffy"

shmmeee

If you don't own it, it's not yours, that's been made abundantly clear over the last 9 years.

Fan ownership doesn't mean no outside investment, or a bunch of randoms running the club day to day FFS. Go and read up on the German model, that's what people are suggesting. Snide comments about how it'll mean the fans have to pay all costs and run it at break even like Sisu are just bollocks.

What would be the point of having fan "representation" on the board? It'd just be another SCG situation.

Grendel

If you don't own it, it's not yours, that's been made abundantly clear over the last 9 years.

Fan ownership doesn't mean no outside investment, or a bunch of randoms running the club day to day FFS. Go and read up on the German model, that's what people are suggesting. Snide comments about how it'll mean the fans have to pay all costs and run it at break even like Sisu are just bollocks.

What would be the point of having fan "representation" on the board? It'd just be another SCG situation.

The German model would be an abject failure in the premier and championship.

bawtryneal

We have Stevenson Willis Haynes Harries and Lameries - we have sell on clauses and add ons for Wilson and Maddison. The fess for these alone would fund a low paid squad for a couple of seasons at least
In the conference maybe for a season or two Then what next ??

Users who are viewing this thread