If Sisu stayed where would we be allowed to play next season? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I can't see it'll be anywhere other than the Ricoh. Maybe PH4 will have worked his stuff by then?

WillieStanley

I can't see it'll be anywhere other than the Ricoh. Maybe PH4 will have worked his stuff by then?

Here's hoping. There is a stipulated radius as to how far a club can move to protect fans from the likes of MK Dons but I'm not sure how far it is. I don't think Brightons ground is actually in Brighton.

torchomatic

No, it's not. I think it's five miles outside the City. Accordingly, if they'd been up here then loads of fans would have deserted them. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. The Ricoh is hardly in the City Centre is it?

the rumpo kid

F.A. says you cannot leave the conabation your in. as mentioned, to prevent the MK situation happening again.
if not the ricoh birmingham would be the only real choice.

theferret

F.A. says you cannot leave the conabation your in. as mentioned, to prevent the MK situation happening again.
if not the ricoh birmingham would be the only real choice.

That 'rule' applies to any permanent relocation - in which case Birmingham, as a separate urban conurbation, would not be allowed.

A temporary relocation outside of the immediate locality, as I understand it, would be allowed on the basis that it could be demonstrated that the club had definite plans to move back within a specified time frame.

Nonleagueherewecome

And then we'll be back to that "good luck getting planning permission from CCC for a new football stadium in Coventry" scenario!

Delboycov

If Coventry City play in Northampton or anywhere else miles away from our historical home then I admit I will no longer support Coventry City. A new stadium may take many years to build if it happens at all and as far as I'm concerned the clue as to why I support Coventry City is in the name. I know I'll be accused of not being a real fan but after being a season ticket holder for the best part of 30 years I would argue that I've earned the right to choose where I watch my team...and that will always be Coventry whoever that team is. I know there will be many others that feel the same way...whatever the rights and wrongs of this...ACL's fault...SISU's fault..whoever... the important thing is we remain COVENTRY City....

blueflint

If Coventry City play in Northampton or anywhere else miles away from our historical home then I admit I will no longer support Coventry City. A new stadium may take many years to build if it happens at all and as far as I'm concerned the clue as to why I support Coventry City is in the name. I know I'll be accused of not being a real fan but after being a season ticket holder for the best part of 30 years I would argue that I've earned the right to choose where I watch my team...and that will always be Coventry whoever that team is. I know there will be many others that feel the same way...whatever the rights and wrongs of this...ACL's fault...SISU's fault..whoever... the important thing is we remain COVENTRY City....

agree there del boy we are and always should be coventry lets stay in coventry

Delboycov

agree there del boy we are and always should be coventry lets stay in coventry

Exactly Blue..if it was the last 3 games fair enough but if it is long term...and I can't imagine it won't be if bridges have been burned as they appear to have been done..then if we are based anywhere else outside Coventry for any length of time then we will be representing that town or city and not the place I'm so proud of coming from.

valiant15

That 'rule' applies to any permanent relocation - in which case Birmingham, as a separate urban conurbation, would not be allowed.

A temporary relocation outside of the immediate locality, as I understand it, would be allowed on the basis that it could be demonstrated that the club had definite plans to move back within a specified time frame.
And you'd trust sisu to do that? Has the last 5 years not taught you anything?

stupot07

Brighton moved out of Brighton for 2 years 1997-99 when they ground shared with Gillingham, whilst their stadium was being built, so there may be a precedent if sisu were planning on building a new stadium.

bigfatronssba

Tonylinc

Brighton moved out of Brighton for 2 years 1997-99 when they ground shared with Gillingham, whilst their stadium was being built, so there may be a precedent if sisu were planning on building a new stadium.
Sisu to build a new stadium? That would cost money would it not? Sisu don't spend money; they use other peoples.

Grendel

Sisu to build a new stadium? That would cost money would it not? Sisu don't spend money; they use other peoples.

They'd use other people's to build a stadium.

It won't happen but someone needs to get this club a long lease with all revenue and ownership of ACL or we should look elsewhere to play.

Tonylinc

If they seriously intended to that then they would have got on with it by now. They would not be pursuing action against the Council over the restructuring of the ACL loan.

theferret

I heard this rumour as well.

Would make a decent football venue, if it weren't in fecking Northampton:

Franklin+Gardens+Northampton+Saints+v+Bath+9IHdYG5Ql-Tx.jpg

Tonylinc

It won't happen but someone needs to get this club a long lease with all revenue and ownership of ACL or we should look elsewhere to play.

I fully agree with you BUT not Sisu. They cannot be trusted in any shape or form. They are greedy little sods who will shaft us even more with any ownership of the Ricoh.

bigfatronssba

But if CCFC were to get favorable terms from ACL, wouldn't it go against state aid rules?

Sisu take that kind of thing seriously you know!

Steve.B50

I am not sure they have any idea where they might play next season.
BBC has Hinckley Chairman on Radio tomorrow asking for his views,

Flying Fokker

And then what happened. They ended up in the Withdean Stadium for the best part of a decade. The 4th worst stadium in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread