If we don't sign anyone will we stay up?? (1 Viewer)

UNCLE MONTY

I'd suggest you all read through the club's accounts. The club itself was in debt by £55 million in June 2011, and its holding company made a loss of £9 million. The accounts also read that 'the potential to reach the League One playoffs cannot be discounted', which suggests very grim prospects indeed.

Correct Sir. All this talk of playoffs is nothing more than fantasy. If the club is still in existence and we somehow survive in L1 this coming season then I'd say we have done bloody well.

Brighton Sky Blue

I've read through CCFC Holding's accounts which are a mess in themselves. OSB has read through CCFC Ltd (owned by the Holding company)'s accounts and is also reading through Sky Blue Sports and Leisure's accounts (which owns both CCFCH and hence CCFCL). If I weren't at work I'd read through those as well, but they paint an extremely grim future regarding the club's survival.

SkyBlueJohnso

I'd suggest you all read through the club's accounts. The club itself was in debt by £55 million in June 2011, and its holding company made a loss of £9 million. The accounts also read that 'the potential to reach the League One playoffs cannot be discounted', which suggests very grim prospects indeed.

is there any way of finding out how that £55million debt compares with today???

SkyBlue_Bear83

im just going by official news.
Officially he is not going to report back to training with the rest of his squad on 1st June as he is a free agent.

Although I agree the current squad should keep us up assuming no one else leaves but I doubt it will challenge, the defence alone should keep us up but the midfield or attack as it is won't be strong enough to mount a challenge imo.

covcity4life

Officially he is not going to report back to training with the rest of his squad on 1st June as he is a free agent.

Although I agree the current squad should keep us up assuming no one else leaves but I doubt it will challenge, the defence alone should keep us up but the midfield or attack as it is won't be strong enough to mount a challenge imo.

i had not heard he had confirmed he was leaving

i agree on the defence but whilst our midfield is low on numbers it should have more quality than other teams

more strikers are a must

smileycov

Facebook User
How many goals realistically does that team have in it ?

Wycombe went down scoring 65 league goals last year

But they conceded 138!!
so we could score 48 concede none and still go up!! Not that we will, but it is all about balance, solid defence, good midfield and decent strikers.

shy_tall_knight

murphy
dunn
===
hussey injury prone
keogh will go
cameron - injury prone
cranie - has left the building
clarke injury prone
christie injured
mcpake going
===
baker - injury prone
bell - injury prone
thomas
brigirimama
deegan - injury prone
mcsheffrey injury prone
===
macdonald
O'Donovan - will go
Jeffers -totally unproven at this level to be considered a squad member

SkyBlueM

If we do not sign anybody we will go down as some of those currently listed as here will not be. Exactly the same story as last season - not enough goals in the team and not enough depth to cope with suspensions/injuries.

The Reverend Skyblue

well after seeing the accounts on the other board i think we can finally put to bed the argument wether we are going to sign anyone.
Its a big bad NO

We have been mis-managed appallingly and for the forseeable future we are not going anywhere

The Rev

SkyBlue_Bear83

i had not heard he had confirmed he was leaving

i agree on the defence but whilst our midfield is low on numbers it should have more quality than other teams

more strikers are a must
He hasn't rejected our contract offer but he has only a few days left on his contract now. As things stand he will become a free agent and won't be rejoining the rest of the squad on Sunday unless something changes.

I agree on our midfield quality should be ok for this league, Baker and Mcsheff will be good and Deegan should be decent I reckon. Hopefully Thomas and Gael should be good at this level. It is just the depth of it, we need to add 3 midfielders and 3 strikers I reckon if we are serious about getting out of the league I reckon. Getting rid of Bell and ROD in the process so a net 2 in each area.

covcity4life

id keep bell,think hes got quality to get us some assits and goals and hopefully dribble past lesser quality defenders

strikers we defintley need more but i hope we dont sell ROD until guranteed repalcements are found

shy_tall_knight

"id keep bell,think hes got quality to get us some assits and goals and hopefully dribble past lesser quality defenders"

"strikers we defintley need more but i hope we dont sell ROD until guranteed repalcements are found"

Have you seen ROD or Bell play recently regardless of us being in a lower league both clearly not good enough for the championship why should we assume they can mix it in this league. Like Jeffers being touted as a squad member "that may do well" lets be honest he most likely won't - too many sky blue tinted glasses reviewing a squd that was soundly relegated from the championship.

SkyBlue

Why do you people even bother supporting this football club if all you bring is a negative attitude of failure? It's June. We have well over a month until the season begins. We already have a solid squad for this level of football, even of Cranie and Keogh go. People that think we will get relegated based on the the squad we currently have are deluded, we didn't even finish bottom of the Championship. Pompey have even less money than us and could even go into liquidation, that's already one team below us. Do you seriously believe we have a worse squad than the likes of Yeovil, Bury, Leyton Orient, Walsall and Oldham? Can we try not to condemn the team before they've even kicked a ball this season?

ccfcway

If Cody McDonald (who hasnt exactly pulled up many trees) gets injured our strike force is RoD and Jeffers

I doubt there is a worse one in the footall league ?

stupot07

If Cody McDonald (who hasnt exactly pulled up many trees) gets injured our strike force is RoD and Jeffers

I doubt there is a worse one in the footall league ?

Don't be silly...ROD is proven in league one.... One good 15 game spell = proven ;)

ccfcway

can anyone name a worse strike force than RoD and Jeffers, with Daniels as back up if Cody gets injured

You only have to look at Sheff Utd to see what happens if you rely on one striker, and of course thats if Cody actaully comes good !

Almost sounds like a line from a Baz Lernham song, but "you are not as good as you think you are"

Last edited:

shmmeee

If we can keep most of this starting lineup fit, I think we can.

Murphy
Clarke Keogh Wood Hussey
Thomas
Bigi Deegan
Baker
McDonald McSheffrey

We'd be very light up front though.

covcity4life

"id keep bell,think hes got quality to get us some assits and goals and hopefully dribble past lesser quality defenders"

"strikers we defintley need more but i hope we dont sell ROD until guranteed repalcements are found"

Have you seen ROD or Bell play recently regardless of us being in a lower league both clearly not good enough for the championship why should we assume they can mix it in this league. Like Jeffers being touted as a squad member "that may do well" lets be honest he most likely won't - too many sky blue tinted glasses reviewing a squd that was soundly relegated from the championship.

soundly? went to 2nd from last game of season and majority of games decided by 1 goal

as for sky blues tinted? not selling rod till repalcements found is called being smart.

noone is saying everythign is fine,but condemning bell and rod as failures in league one doesnt make sense,i havne said they will tear the league up,just saying worth giving them a chance cos its not like we are going to replace them is it?

UNCLE MONTY

Why do you people even bother supporting this football club if all you bring is a negative attitude of failure? It's June. We have well over a month until the season begins. We already have a solid squad for this level of football, even of Cranie and Keogh go. People that think we will get relegated based on the the squad we currently have are deluded, we didn't even finish bottom of the Championship. Pompey have even less money than us and could even go into liquidation, that's already one team below us. Do you seriously believe we have a worse squad than the likes of Yeovil, Bury, Leyton Orient, Walsall and Oldham? Can we try not to condemn the team before they've even kicked a ball this season?

"Why do you people even bother supporting this football club" - It's in the blood. Even when we are non League I will still support them.

"We already have a solid squad for this level of football" - No we don't.

"Do you seriously believe we have a worse squad than the likes of Yeovil, Bury, Leyton Orient, Walsall and Oldham?" - can't be bothered to check but time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread