International break including WC playoffs (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Well he's 29 , never won a major honour , cost 80 mill and makes mistakes weekly in the Premier league .. it's laughable how much Southgate adores him
White Guehi Tomori Kilman all deserve a chance at CB after their form this year

covmark

Agree with that. He seems to have an almost obsessive favouritism about Mount. Good player, but has been really average for England. Foden is just pure class and should be the first name on the teamsheet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more. Every time I watch Mount I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. Foden is a class above Mount.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Couldn't agree more. Every time I watch Mount I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. Foden is a class above Mount.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

For their clubs though , atleast this season, mount offers more in terms of assists , goals and defensive work.

Foden appears more naturally gifted for sure

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure on that. James is excellent at right back and Shaw at left back. I think they are both top players.

We then also have Kyle Walker and Trent Alexander-Armstrong and Kieran Tripper.

At the left back we have Ben Chilwell.

It's the centre where we are weaker I think. The centre backs. No-one is looking top class there really. This is why Maguire plays.
It used to be a time when England created fantastic defensive players but lacked creativity. Now we've got loads of creative, technical midfielders but poor defenders. Even the likes of Stones has a lapse of concentration in him and isn't really what we'd traditionally call a defender but can play the ball bout a bit, just not well enough to be a midfielder.

I wouldn't boo one of our own players and Maguire hasn't been that bad for England compared to Man U but I think the system suits him more with more protection.

Not really confident of anyone coming through either. s someone else said, Tomori should be in this team.

Otis

It used to be a time when England created fantastic defensive players but lacked creativity. Now we've got loads of creative, technical midfielders but poor defenders. Even the likes of Stones has a lapse of concentration in him and isn't really what we'd traditionally call a defender but can play the ball bout a bit, just not well enough to be a midfielder.

I wouldn't boo one of our own players and Maguire hasn't been that bad for England compared to Man U but I think the system suits him more with more protection.

Not really confident of anyone coming through either. s someone else said, Tomori should be in this team.
Do you think he would be in if he was playing at a top Premier League club here?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For their clubs though , atleast this season, mount offers more in terms of assists , goals and defensive work.

Foden appears more naturally gifted for sure
For me, Mount is more that reliable midfielder who you can rely on to have a steady game, but I'd prefer him to be a squad player rather than first choice. Even then I'd probably pick Ward-Prowse ahead of him.

If you want someone who can hold we've got Rice and Bellingham. Attacking wise there's so much to choose from - Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Sancho. Maddison is a better player too IMO but he seems to be unfavoured.

Otis

For me, Mount is more that reliable midfielder who you can rely on to have a steady game, but I'd prefer him to be a squad player rather than first choice. Even then I'd probably pick Ward-Prowse ahead of him.

If you want someone who can hold we've got Rice and Bellingham. Attacking wise there's so much to choose from - Foden, Grealish, Sterling, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Sancho. Maddison is a better player too IMO but he seems to be unfavoured.
I liked the Rice/Phillips tandem, but Bellingham is a player who can be box to box and both hold and attack, so has many more strings to his bow. I would like to see the Rice/Bellingham explored further.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I liked the Rice/Phillips tandem, but Bellingham is a player who can be box to box and both hold and attack, so has many more strings to his bow. I would like to see the Rice/Bellingham explored further.
I agree. I think Bellingham can do more further forward but with that level of attacking flair available for those positions I don't want to have to take someone out to put Bellingham in. So I'd rather take out Phillips.

Mucca Mad Boys

I can't think of one major error he's made for England though.

Some players are just more suited to the international game

With what’s going on at United, clearly something isn’t right. Last season, Maguire was colossal for Man U.

skyblue1991

Grealish moving to Citeh means he's now playing regular Champions League football so has experience of better players and bigger occasions than at Villa. He was in the squad anyway so I don't see why that would change.

Who would you have picked in his place?
Sorry missed this

I do take the points people make about Maguire playing well for England but I do think club form has to play a part. His confidence must be shot and the booing wouldn't have helped which is completely wrong

I would play White and Tomori in the place of Maguire and Mings.

Either way, CB is by far our weakest position followed by GK, would give Ramsdale a chance next time

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Discovered yesterday that Max Kilman is left footed. Wonder if he could cope in a back 4 :unsure:

CJ_covblaze

Discovered yesterday that Max Kilman is left footed. Wonder if he could cope in a back 4 :unsure:
He's quality. Not sure if hes first team quality yet but hes much better than Mings.

Would be the first player to make his senior mens England debut despite already having senior mens caps.

Hopefully he gets a call up in June with the games being at the Molineux.

Frostie

He's quality. Not sure if hes first team quality yet but hes much better than Mings.

Very similar profile to Maguire with the same strengths but also the same weaknesses but exposed far less in Wolves' system.
Unusual in that he's a left footer that plays on the right of a back 3 too.
I agree he's better than Mings & deserves a call up at least.

Users who are viewing this thread