Investment on the Horizon? (4 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

And the one connection in most of the above questions...... CCFC's beloved owners...Sisu, who for some can do no wrong.
The biggest damage sisu have done and can do further is divide fans. You, by insinuating people believe they can do no wrong if they don't agree precisely with you on all issues, are a useful idiot doing their work.

SkyblueBazza

So we should feel sorry for them?
FFS, they'd never been in the top flight until 07, he wanted to change there name but couldn't.
Whatever way you look at it, the last 10 years are the most successful in their (110 est) years
History, it's almost the polar opposite of our last decade, what is it you're struggling with.
Didn't realise I was struggling.

I think it is you that is struggling. Probably 80% of other clubs bemoan their own plight. Some, like Hull, have genuine bad issues to contend with - so yes you should feel for them. Especially if you expect their sympathy for our plight.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Brylowes

Didn't realise I was struggling.

I think it is you that is struggling. Probably 80% of other clubs bemoan their own plight. Some, like Hull, have genuine bad issues to contend with - so yes you should feel for them. Especially if you expect their sympathy for our plight.

...onwards & upwards PUSB
My head hurts, I give in, god help us.:wtf:

win9nut

Before going through a divestment, the owners of a company generally (in my limited experience) stop hiring, cut as many costs as possible while continuing to trade, allow liabilities to build, and completely withdraw all capital investment. Management time is also withdrawn as much as possible to focus on other priorities.

The fact we haven't replaced our MD or Manager...

I am hopeful but trying not to be so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen (as any Cov fan will completely understand!)

Brylowes

Before going through a divestment, the owners of a company generally (in my limited experience) stop hiring, cut as many costs as possible while continuing to trade, allow liabilities to build, and completely withdraw all capital investment. Management time is also withdrawn as much as possible to focus on other priorities.

The fact we haven't replaced our MD or Manager...

I am hopeful but trying not to be so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen (as any Cov fan will completely understand!)
Yep would agree with most of that, except the not hiring of a manager, I would imagine
The initial turnaround in results under MV could and probably did have a bearing.

martcov

What I find noticeable, is that they are apparently looking for an ops director. The remit covers virtually everything apart from managing the team. The director should have experience. Whoever it would be would ask for good money to do what is expected. How, in the present situation can we afford him/ her?

Nothing more has been mentioned about the search for an ops director.

Maybe waiting for an investment? According to what is required for the position, we are de facto not being run by anyone at the moment.

It is alarming, unless they do have something up their sleeve.

Brylowes

Who decides market value Bry?
or put another way, what's 50% of fuck all:D
I would imagine whoever was appointed to conduct the valuation,
50% of fuck all, that's why they would initially get the 50% for fuck all, but if they
Conduct successful negotiations i.e. Secure long term stadium deal and manage
To find a way forward for the academy.
Provide investment in the playing staff and infrastructure around the club, involve
The fans and get them involved with where they want to take the club.
In 5 to 10 years the clubs valuation could have increased significantly giving SISU
Their exit, and us a proper club to support.

rupert_bear

Whatever, Sisu won't be limping off into the sunset with their tails between their legs and they won't want to be seen to be defeated or driven out, so IF there is something afoot they will atleast want to look in some sort of control imo. Who knows how real this investor story is but if I was investing a few squillion on past performance I'd want my own man running the show on my behalf, so perhaps should it happen any new MD would be employed by any new investor.

Esoterica

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was rumour generated (not by Malaka but the owners/Fisher!) to divert attention away from what is likely to be an awful December and January. The persistance with Venus and inevitable January player sale(s) clouded by false hope of investment. Would love to be wrong of course but just can''t see where any genuine investment would come from (or why) when SISU are still there. It would have to be a takeover or nothing for me so my scepticism is high!

Moff

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was rumour generated (not by Malaka but the owners/Fisher!) to divert attention away from what is likely to be an awful December and January. The persistance with Venus and inevitable January player sale(s) clouded by false hope of investment. Would love to be wrong of course but just can''t see where any genuine investment would come from (or why) when SISU are still there. It would have to be a takeover or nothing for me so my scepticism is high!

I don't get why they would do that, as raising everyone's hopes and then being let down again leads to a mighty fall, and couple this with a poor January in the transfer market and we could be down to near Northampton crowds come the spring.
What would be the benefit of that, as it would lead to further cutting of costs, and probable relegation, meaning what is left to sell is even less than the nothing its worth now.

Esoterica

I don't get why they would do that, as raising everyone's hopes and then being let down again leads to a mighty fall, and couple this with a poor January in the transfer market and we could be down to near Northampton crowds come the spring.
What would be the benefit of that, as it would lead to further cutting of costs, and probable relegation, meaning what is left to sell is even less than the nothing its worth now.
But they haven't directly raised anyone's hopes and they're not exactly known for their long term thinking. Couple of million for Stevenson in January should go a long way to covering most of this seasons deficit generated by further dwindling attendances. Employ a new manager just in time to save us from relegation and then give him a longer contract while hastily saving the academy status just in time for new season ticket sales. Sell Willis in the summer for a couple of hundred k to boost the budget and focus on playing Harries as much as possible in preparation for his January sale. And the cycle continues another year closer to JT conclusions.

Last edited:

Otis

I've not seen a single (real) person on here who has ever made out that Sisu can do no wrong or even is in particular favour of them.
Well there's me. I absolutely bloody love them!!

I even have the T-shirt. And I married Joy.
35fe289b2b4c0fb3bb8714b2358acac2.jpg

skybluebeduff

Well there's me. I absolutely bloody love them!!

I even have the T-shirt. And I married Joy.
35fe289b2b4c0fb3bb8714b2358acac2.jpg

You have been found guilty by the elders of the city, of uttering the name of our lord, and so as a BLASPHEMER, you are to be stoned... to death.

dongonzalos

I've not seen a single (real) person on here who has ever made out that Sisu can do no wrong or even is in particular favour of them.

No I agree with you.

You have a mixture of people

Some who blame SISU for everything.
Some who hold SISU as the biggest instigator of our current problems and talk mostly about them.
Some who feel each party is just as culpable as each other.
Then some who mostly talk about other parties such as CET, AHC, Council, FL. Past owners. Managers. Wasps. Trust. Supporters.
(Then when someone suggests that they never mention SISU. They will Say they hold SISU just as accountable) Then they will go back to just pointing out the issues with the other parties.
I would be very surprised if you find anyone in here truely supportive of SISU, maybe RFC ?

skybluebeduff

No I agree with you.

You have a mixture of people

Some who blame SISU for everything.
Some who hold SISU as the biggest instigator of our current problems and talk mostly about them.
Some who feel each party is just as culpable as each other.
Then some who mostly talk about other parties such as CET, AHC, Council, FL. Past owners. Managers. Wasps. Trust. Supporters.
(Then when someone suggests that they never mention SISU. They will Say they hold SISU just as accountable) Then they will go back to just pointing out the issues with the other parties.
I would be very surprised if you find anyone in here truely supportive of SISU, maybe RFC ?

Apart from the owner of this site who sold himself out.... ;)

Canada-Freshwater-Fishing-Sturgeon-12-09-2015-f.jpe

robbiekeane

Yes because everyone knows SISU are dog shit owners already (it's not new news), but when many of the more immediate topical issues are the fault of other parties involved then they are going to get talked about more aren't they?

example 1. If we lose a game to a team that have a worse squad than us because Venus/Mowbray/Pressley have made stupid decisions playing wing backs and/or Jones in the middle on his own, or playing MAF constantly, or playing Sordell out wide....then that is not the fault of SISU. So it gets very frustrating for people with a brain when people start screaming furiously about the terrible owners and no investment and bullshit like "the heart of the club" and all other kinds of embarrassing personification.

example 2. If we lose a game (or 10) to teams with better squads than us because there are obvious gaps in our team that can't compete, and we've just came out of a transfer window with diabolical recruitment - going for unrealistic targets, not signing players that fit the system, selling/not extending contracts of good players whilst retaining old shit players like Tudgay and Ricketts - that is not the fault of SISU. Especially when we are strongly rumoured to have paid fees for numerous players for the first time in years (Turnball, Jones, Vincelot, etc). Especially when in a play off position last Jan we were given the go ahead to sign another 4 players but they were all dog shit. Again this get's very frustrating when all these morons come out and scream about big bad SISU the antichrist.

example 3. Both of the above. Meltdown time.

shmmeee

Don't see why it would have to be 50/50.

Any kind of deal could be done, even giving up 100% of the club and accepting certain terms on the debt.

Could be a Richardson style "invest in players" deal. Could be those Skyscanner blokes are really Cov fans and are about to gift us eleventy billion.

clint van damme

Don't see why it would have to be 50/50.

Any kind of deal could be done, even giving up 100% of the club and accepting certain terms on the debt.

Could be a Richardson style "invest in players" deal. Could be those Skyscanner blokes are really Cov fans and are about to gift us eleventy billion.

aren't they now against the rules?

Users who are viewing this thread