Investment on the Horizon? (3 Viewers)

Malaka

malaka, any more news / updates?

No nothing yet. I don't mind the silence tho, but I am an optimist. The rumour getting out in the club was a mistake, who knows what the timescale (if it happens) will be.
Promise you guys when I know anything you will know be it good or bad

wingy

No nothing yet. I don't mind the silence tho, but I am an optimist. The rumour getting out in the club was a mistake, who knows what the timescale (if it happens) will be.
It's down to you then.:p

Gazolba

I'd love you to be right, but I'm not so sure the crowds are actually out there to come back any more. The population is more mobile than it was in the past; people move further and more frequently and often the 'link' to a particular city (and club) is broken. I wonder how many of us know people who have emigrated from Coventry to Australia, or Canada, or the USA (I know I do) - these people are lost as match attending supporters.
They should set up an infrastructure for 'virtual' attendance and 'virtual' season tickets. They privately film all games in high definition and stream it live to paying subscribers. The technology exists to do this now. It's the sort of thing Jimmy Hill would have been a pioneer of.

zuni

cheers for getting back mate

oucho

What did you mean by that mate? Was it all a false alarm?

oucho

ok thanks anyway pal

The Penguin

They should set up an infrastructure for 'virtual' attendance and 'virtual' season tickets. They privately film all games in high definition and stream it live to paying subscribers. The technology exists to do this now. It's the sort of thing Jimmy Hill would have been a pioneer of.
Even though we are utter, abject shite, and watching Cov at 2am in Australia is possibly worse than any torture carried out at Guantanamo Bay, I would still be all over this.

smouch1975

Even though we are utter, abject shite, and watching Cov at 2am in Australia is possibly worse than any torture carried out at Guantanamo Bay, I would still be all over this.
Move to Perth. Watch at 11pm
Far more sociable hour

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

martcov

no, just nothing new to report.......unfortunately

Something must happen soon. We are definitely not making break even - based on attendances. People are leaving and not being replaced- presumably to lower break even level.

There comes a point when we cannot shed any more staff without upsetting the daily running of the club.

Attendances are set to fall further as we are in the bottom 4.

SISU will have to invest, or make a bridging loan soon, or else any new money from outside will be eaten up by current losses.

I assume the players aren't worried about wages not being paid... or is the talk of a new investor to allay that fear?

Malaka

Something must happen soon. We are definitely not making break even - based on attendances. People are leaving and not being replaced- presumably to lower break even level.

There comes a point when we cannot shed any more staff without upsetting the daily running of the club.

Attendances are set to fall further as we are in the bottom 4.

SISU will have to invest, or make a bridging loan soon, or else any new money from outside will be eaten up by current losses.

I assume the players aren't worried about wages not being paid... or is the talk of a new investor to allay that fear?
On the contrary, all of the staff are always paid on time which never happened prior to SISU taking over

hotrod

On the contrary, all of the staff are always paid on time which never happened prior to SISU taking over

Malaka,do you have any Greek connections by any chance?

Regards.

shmmeee

I would genuinely pay for a VR season ticket. Nothing like as much as a real season ticket, but maybe £5 a game or something. Would've been ace for big games you couldn't get a ticket to, or just when you can't make the game. Would prefer away games though as more likely to miss them (well just as likely this season).

pipkin73

Celtic and Rangers stream all League games home and away for non UK viewers. Not the greatest quality but watchable. Now many more Scottish Premiership teams are starting to do it.
We can't though as TV rights are sold world wide for the football league. Does not seem to matter that we are in League 1 with almost zero coverage, the Football League sell it as a package (Championship, Leagues 1 & 2 (or they can purchase Championship only)).

covcity4life

a good idea but i think it goes against the UK Blackout laws. same reason we cant watch 3pm kick offs of any games anywhere in europe or the world on saturdays

hotrod

With a name like hotrod I thought you might know

Ha Ha, so I was right you are a .................................................Greek!!

Regards.

hopesprings

Well guys maybe it wasn't investment. Maybe it is that West Ham United are going to buy Calum Wilson and as a result we get £3 million in January....funds the club for another few months! Conjecture but Fisher/Seppalla whoever may know people at WHU

skybluebeduff

Well guys maybe it wasn't investment. Maybe it is that West Ham United are going to buy Calum Wilson and as a result we get £3 million in January....funds the club for another few months! Conjecture but Fisher/Seppalla whoever may know people at WHU
It would fund the club for well over a year, but still NOPM would be blamed next season on the club not breaking even blah blah blah

Nick

Administrator
It would fund the club for well over a year, but still NOPM would be blamed next season on the club not breaking even blah blah blah

Apart from nobody has said that.

They have said if people are going on about NOPM and starving the club of income, they can't really moan about having to sell players to help make it up.

Tonylinc

It does not need to be said. We all know how our owners work. That money will go directly to their back pockets and the club will not see any of it.

Skyblueweeman

It does not need to be said. We all know how our owners work. That money will go directly to their back pockets and the club will not see any of it.

Hasn't it been shown that from the accounts previously that all money has been accounted for (ie, not going into anyones pockets)?

Tonylinc

Oh right; should we receive any payments from the possible deal of CW that money will go directly towards improving the team? I think not.......management fees anyone?

clint van damme

Don't spoil the story
You can always win an argument if you make up the facts.

No I don't support SISU but it weakens the argument if you make things up

You'll be branded a sisu lover! Totally agree though. they are terrible owners who have given us plenty of reasons to oppose them, there's no need to make shit up, it just makes us all look stupid.

Grendel

Oh right; should we receive any payments from the possible deal of CW that money will go directly towards improving the team? I think not.......management fees anyone?

Management fees haven't been paid you clown.

Moff

Well that sums things up for me. Only CCFC fans could argue about how the club will use the money from the sell on fee for a player that no one has any idea whether they will move or not in January, and as far as I know is settled at his club.

Still gives everyone something to fall out about, not that there isn't enough already.

Users who are viewing this thread