Investment on the Horizon? (2 Viewers)

martcov

Isn't there a clause in the stadium deal that hits the current owners in the pocket if they sell within a certain timeframe?

As I said before, Red Bull denied it... apparently. I would have thought that, the whole point of red Bull taking a club over would be to get it on the cheap and build it up. They are a sports and media company, not rich sheiks with nothing better to do. They try and make a profit out of their investments, which seem to be well thought out. If there is a stadium clause, they will now about it.

dongonzalos

The point is Hutch, this thread was meant to be about investment....a bit of hope whether it comes or not.
There are many threads with the normal arguments, point scoring, and finger pointing. Why cant people continue doing the norm on those threads and leave this one alone, and actually stay on topic.
Without hope, my support is over, so I would like the usual squabbling to not diminish the last ember of hope that many of us still might have.

Fair comment I don't mind.
This was a good thread with a tiny glimmer of hope to be fair.

trevelfarandwide

As I said before, Red Bull denied it... apparently. I would have thought that, the whole point of red Bull taking a club over would be to get it on the cheap and build it up. They are a sports and media company, not rich sheiks with nothing better to do. They try and make a profit out of their investments, which seem to be well thought out. If there is a stadium clause, they will now about it.

I bet the Red Bull executives took one look at the actual SISU/Otium accounts and made a hasty exit from the meeting...best fake smiles, but with astonished panic in their eyes. Cheap to buy in an initial outlay of course, but far too much financial mess/misappropriation when you scrape the surface; I sincerely hope they could take a gamble on CCFC, but it'd be a very, very large investment on Red Bull's part and an monumental gamble. We can but hope.

Sky Blue Kid

I bet the Red Bull executives took one look at the actual SISU/Otium accounts and made a hasty exit from the meeting...best fake smiles, but with astonished panic in their eyes. Cheap to buy in an initial outlay of course, but far too much financial mess/misappropriation when you scrape the surface; I sincerely hope they could take a gamble on CCFC, but it'd be a very, very large investment on Red Bull's part and an monumental gamble. We can but hope.
They're talking about West Ham not CCFC mate.

trevelfarandwide

They're talking about West Ham not CCFC mate.

Ah right, that's what I get for not reading back a few pages...strange that so many are debating West Ham investment. :-/

robbiekeane

No not like that one. So no that's not what I mean. I mean what I said.
You said force the club into administration to hopefully get new owners. My question is why does administration mean new owners? Didn't they just buy themselves out last time? Isn't it more likely that by fans not going the budget will just be slashed and slashed over and over again until we're non league?

Skyblueweeman

Is there any expertise amongst the fan base to approach potential investors? Does the SBT have people on board who could put something together to take to potential investors?

Enough of all this 'who's to blame' bollocks. Everything is for sale for the right place. Some sort of plan needs to be put in place by people with some business nous about them, that can be taken to people with contacts.

Someone needs to find out from Wasps/ACL about long term viability at the Ricoh (as much as that pains me....), understand from CCC about the training ground implications and then approach those with pennies about investment potential. I'd imagine some plan would include the following:

* Brief history of CCFC
* Current synopsis of where we currently are
* Current issues (ground agreement, academy, training ground, disenchanted/fragmented fan base)
* Potential ground solutions (Long term deal with ACL, Something at BPA, ANOther site)
* Potential training ground solutions (Redevelop Ryton, Warwick Uni, ANOther site)
* Potential academy solutions (Joint usage with Wasps, Warwick Uni, ANOther site)
* Fanbase - attendances overviews, regional demographics, fan base potential, marketing opportunities
* SBITC - Promoting the good work already done in the community
* Sponsorship & Marketing opportunities - Are there local companies that might invest with new owners? What do these opportunities look like? What could be gained from them in terms of renewed fan interest/financial investment into the club.
* Finances - what sort of investment is needed and what would something like promotion back to the Championship bring in terms of RoI?

All just thinking of the top of my head but if we assume there's nothing else on the horizon (I'm still backing Malaka by the way...), then something needs to be done rather than continually arguing who is at fault. Someone needs to take the lead to look for new owners/investors.

Right now we're sat on our arses doing fuck all but whinging. There comes a time when a plan is needed. That time looks like being now if Malakas rumour comes to nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ccfc92

FFS, this thread was set up by Malaka about possible/potential investment, not for another fucking rowathon.

If you want to argue about Sixfields, Ranson, Break even, who said fucking what etc there are plenty of threads about that, so why not for once keep this on track.

So does anyone have any updates on nay info on potential investment? If not fuck off and argue on another thread.

Don't particularly see any rows? Just discussion about the clubs finances. Which IS directly linked to investment.

I'm sure as soon as something is posted about investment, that proves or disproves the OP, we will all be talking about it.

ccfc92

Is there any expertise amongst the fan base to approach potential investors? Does the SBT have people on board who could put something together to take to potential investors?

Enough of all this 'who's to blame' bollocks. Everything is for sale for the right place. Some sort of plan needs to be put in place by people with some business nous about them, that can be taken to people with contacts.

Someone needs to find out from Wasps/ACL about long term viability at the Ricoh (as much as that pains me....), understand from CCC about the training ground implications and then approach those with pennies about investment potential. I'd imagine some plan would include the following:

* Brief history of CCFC
* Current issues (ground agreement, academy, training ground, disenchanted/fragmented fan base)
* Potential ground solutions (Long term deal with ACL, Something at BPA, ANOther site)
* Potential training ground solutions (Redevelop Ryton, Warwick Uni, ANOther site)
* Potential academy solutions (Joint usage with Wasps, Warwick Uni, ANOther site)
* Fanbase - attendances overviews, regional demographics, fan base potential, marketing opportunities
* Sponsorship & Marketing opportunities - Are there local companies that might invest with new owners? What do these opportunities look like? What could be gained from them in terms of renewed fan interest/financial investment into the club.
* Finances - what sort of investment is needed and what would something like promotion back to the Championship bring in terms of RoI?

All just thinking of the top of my head but if we assume there's nothing else on the horizon (I'm still backing Malaka by the way...), then something needs to be done rather than continually arguing who is at fault. Someone needs to take the lead to look for new owners/investors.

Right now we're sat on our arses doing fuck all but whinging. There comes a time when a plan is needed. That time looks like being now if Malakas rumour comes to nothing.

Spot on WM.

The only key question, is what's for sale? As we all know the club is in pieces due to the cloak and dagger finances.

shmmeee

* Brief history of CCFC

We could do a lot of that, The biggest sticking point would be the finances and contracts. Only those involved know the details and it would be the first question from any investor.

Skyblueweeman

Spot on WM.

The only key question, is what's for sale? As we all know the club is in pieces due to the cloak and dagger finances.

That's where the final section would be important. Putting together a document like this, you need to almost tell the story throughout (including the shit stuff at the start - transparency and all that) and then at the end, paint a picture about the potential riches that await a successful football club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

We could do a lot of that, The biggest sticking point would be the finances and contracts. Only those involved know the details and it would be the first question from any investor.

Yeah, agreed. That's why putting something like this together wouldn't be a one person job. You'd need expertise in all areas. Someone with OSBs knowledge of accounts would be crucial for said section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

You said force the club into administration to hopefully get new owners. My question is why does administration mean new owners? Didn't they just buy themselves out last time? Isn't it more likely that by fans not going the budget will just be slashed and slashed over and over again until we're non league?

Do you really need me to explain what the last administration was and what happened?
Compared to one where SISU say we can't afford to keep this going in the direction it is. The administration value of the club is dropping and dropping. Let's put it into administration.
(Sorry moff just answering a direct question)

martcov

* Brief history of CCFC

When thinking of new owners the 3 Cs come to mind....

In the good old days we assessed people who wanted to borrow money according to:

Character
Capital
and Capability

If they don't fit, we shouldn't be talking to them.

SISU would have failed that test on point 1.

Skyblueweeman

When thinking of new owners the 3 Cs come to mind....

In the good old days we assessed people who wanted to borrow money according to:

Character
Capital
and Capability

If they don't fit, we shouldn't be talking to them.

SISU would have failed that test on point 1.

We need to get something to take to potential owners before we look at who we take it to. Agreed though.

Astute

nick, its a fair point can you please bin posts with no news on investment...tiring watching who has the biggest cock threads, want news not regurjitation
It isn't their fault that you only have a small cock.

cloughie

What happened to ProZone and the loans at the end of RRs reign?
If I remember he was forced to sell it by sisu or sky blue sports and leisure. But who ever he was forced to sell it against his investment with which he lost prozone

cloughie

He was forced to hand it over to SISU ;)[/QUOTE

That's what I thought but couldn't be bothered with the abuse that would go against the grain of it was ALL Ranson's fault
...........errr the councils ...no hang on The Higgs Charity, wasps

Now it's the fans fault.
Obviously no mirrors at sisu headquarters then

letsallsingtogether

I think this time he is being sarcastic, following all the talk pre Christmas.
Well I have been told on here numerous times that there is still money in the kitty that TM never spent so there some for a start.
Apparently we had a top 6 budget, why else would TM have stayed in the first place.
?

Grendel

I thought he sold his share in prozone to gain a shareholding in sky blue sports and leisure didn't he? Prozone was sold by Sky Blues sports and leisure I thought in 2011 - is this not correct?

martcov

I thought he sold his share in prozone to gain a shareholding in sky blue sports and leisure didn't he? Prozone was sold by Sky Blues sports and leisure I thought in 2011 - is this not correct?

Is he still a share holder? How much are his shares worth if he is? I thought he lost money when he left... but I'm not sure

Sky Blue Kid

It has emerged that when the new look board announced that Sisu had injected £5m to stave off administration last season, it was the money realised from the sale of Prozone that was pumped back into the club and not new money from the owners.

The sports performance analysis company Prozone was founded by former Coventry City chairman Ray Ranson. Sky Blue Sport and Leisure, the company formed by Sisu and Ranson to run Coventry City became the parent company of Prozone.

Prozone was a profitable part of the company, making around £0.5m a year, but was sold to raise capital earlier in the year to the French based company Sport Universal Process for between £4 and £5m.

Last season, with the club losing an estimated £0.5m a month and edging toward either liquidation or administration, Sisu decided to sell off one of the only assets the holding company had to raise cash to ward of a collapse of the club.

It is understood that the money realised from the sale of Prozone was pumped back into the club, but has already been used.

Nick

Administrator
It's remarkable that the man who brought Sisu to the club, claimed we were debt free and loaned rival clubs money is still lauded by some supporters.

You mean like people doing worshipping actions at Joe Elliott?

If Fisher left tomorrow and said something about SISU, his status would change.

Sky Blue Kid

It makes you wonder why some people still make excuses for SISU....... Just for balance of course.

Last edited:

Grendel

It makes you wonder why some people still make excuses for SISU....... Just for balance of course.

No one is - or indeed individuals who hawked them from club to club so they could use the club for their own money making purposes.

Generally Midfield

FFS, this thread was set up by Malaka about possible/potential investment, not for another fucking rowathon.

If you want to argue about Sixfields, Ranson, Break even, who said fucking what etc there are plenty of threads about that, so why not for once keep this on track.

So does anyone have any updates on nay info on potential investment? If not fuck off and argue on another thread.

To avoid being relegated doesn't require millions of pounds major investment but the team does needs strengthening asap. The only people who can do that are sisu. At sixfields wasn't it said a few times that sisu have deep pockets so why not avoid dropping into Division 4 cos the current team has relegation written all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread