Investment on the Horizon? (4 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

So nothing to talk about apart from a couple of tweets...does anyone else think as I do, i.e. that this speculation is just baseless wishful thinking?
I think the opposite. It feels like something is going on behind the scenes and I've heard a few interesting things. I think it's more likely that the JFH stuff is newspaper nonsense

Skybluefaz

So nothing to talk about apart from a couple of tweets...does anyone else think as I do, i.e. that this speculation is just baseless wishful thinking?
It's not entirely baseless, Malaka and others do not seem to be trolling us, it may be second hand information that has clearly been labelled as such. However this is not Phil Masinga in KFC type speculation.

Malaka

So pleasing that other people are weighing in with snippets of news. The JFH scenario threw me as I was told that the money was coming in January with a new manager.
Just for the record, I don't believe our new investors (if true) are WASP's.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

I guess fisher's responses tomorrow will give us a clue as to their plans
You reckon!?

I am going to listen tomorrow, However I am not expecting any beans to be spilled by Fisher. I don't think we will learn anything new.

Over the last few weeks we have been given some hope, a small light at the end of the tunnel. Only for fisher to blow out that candle.

The 'positive' news he will come out with will be ground sharing from a 32,000 Rugby Stadium to a 4,000 seat Rugby stadium.

Colin Steins Smile

I am going to listen tomorrow, However I am not expecting any beans to be spilled by Fisher. I don't think we will learn anything new.

Over the last few weeks we have been given some hope, a small light at the end of the tunnel. Only for fisher to blow out that candle.

The 'positive' news he will come out with will be ground sharing from a 32,000 Rugby Stadium to a 4,000 seat Rugby stadium.
The revised SISU plan being getting the club ready for non-league football.

bawtryneal

I contacted Mark Sephton and here is his response

I am a little tied with what I can say as I need to protect the reliable sources. I'm not a windup merchant so wouldn't tweet anything that was just hot air.

As fans we have had enough false dawns.
A Takeover is on the horizon.

Mark

Do we know if Mark Shepton is a Cov fan ?

I heard a strong rumour earlier this week via a large national (Sheffield HQ based) lawyer that something is going on behind the scenes

Last edited:

rupert_bear

So pleasing that other people are weighing in with snippets of news. The JFH scenario threw me as I was told that the money was coming in January with a new manager.
Just for the record, I don't believe our new investors (if true) are WASP's.
Do we know if Mark Shepton is a Cov fan ?

I heard a strong rumour earlier this week via a large national (Sheffield HQ based) lawyer that something is going on behind the scenes
Put some meat on the bones, even if it engages up bollox it's something to hang on to.

Captain Dart

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eye
Ssssssssssssssssssepalla is niccccccccceeee, real niccccce!
hypnotic-eyes_disney-jungle-book_2079.jpg

stevefloyd

As others have stated... Fisher myst have some news why wlse would the gutless snake face the music? lers hope its very very good news...clean sweep of all the mercenary snakes new operational/management team that understands football and actually want our club to be successful . ..what a ctimbo present that would be to all the fans and to be fair i dont give a shite who does take us over just be the end of a very very very bad chapter in our history... but inevitably some will moan for whatever insignificant reason they conjure up but I hope they take a step back and think after the shit we've been through lets unite for once and support the mighty SKY BLUES... happy Christmas all

One_Two

After tonight i felt like Fisher was trying to distance himself from SISU - hopefully he hasnt brokered some sort of deal and will look to stay on if this takeover rumour is true

Captain Dart

After tonight i felt like Fisher was trying to distance himself from SISU - hopefully he hasnt brokered some sort of deal and will look to stay on if this takeover rumour is true
No way that could happen, his career in football is over after this job.

mark82

Nothing Fisher said tonight would imply there is anything happening. Suspect these were just rumours but please do keep passing on things you hear
@Malaka - gives us hope at least.

torchomatic

I think the answer to the question is "no".

Malaka

I listened to TF last night and I must admit, he didn't give me a warm feeling inside with his comments. I am a business man and I am clinging on to the hope that if someone is taking over, there is a confidentiality clause that prevents him from discussing it, or acknowledging it. I am a business man and do not like to discus anything until deals are finalised. And before you ask, I haven't got enough to sort this basket case of a club out.
After the phone in last night, I was really disappointed, but I cling on to the hope that there are two weeks to go before the new year and I have not heard from my contact to say anything has changed. So I will take a glass half full attitude and hope that Santa delivers us all the best present of new owners that give a toss.
Sorry, I cant tell you what you want to hear at the moment, but my sources did say the new year and SISU are an evasive bunch to say the least. Fingers crossed!!!

Skyblueweeman

Cheers Malaka. Just to clarify, when you say New Year, do you 'by' new year of 'in the' new year?

Also, TF said contradictory things yesterday - 'every club is for sale', 'CCFC is not for sale'.

Maybe confused about what he can and can't say in the face of a takeover? Maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

Anyway, thanks Malaka. Keep up the digging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Oh and also, do you only get updates at games and in that case, there'll be noting until Boxing Day at the earliest?

clint van damme

Cheers Malaka. Just to clarify, when you say New Year, do you 'by' new year of 'in the' new year?

Also, TF said contradictory things yesterday - 'every club is for sale', 'CCFC is not for sale'.

Maybe confused about what he can and can't say in the face of a takeover? Maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

Anyway, thanks Malaka. Keep up the digging!

Add to that list of contradictions:

we need to start building bridges with the fans - the fans are to blame for everything
The club is a good investment - the club will die if we stay at the Ricoh
The club is run cash neutral - the club made a million profit
I'd like to congratulate Jon Sharp on securing the lease on the Butts, (which suggests he hadn't spoken to him) - CRFC are very disappointed with events of Thursday night (which suggest he had).
I'm sure there are plenty more.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Add to that list of contradictions:

we need to start building bridges with the fans - the fans are to blame for everything
The club is a good investment - the club will die if we stay at the Ricoh
The club is run cash neutral - the club made a million profit
I'd like to congratulate Jon Sharp on securing the lease on the Butts, (which suggests he hadn't spoken to him) - CRFC are very disappointed with events of Thursday night (which suggest he had).
I'm sure there are plenty more.
Could it be a Jon Sharp led takeover then??

Users who are viewing this thread