Ipswich Ratings (1 Viewer)

hinckley cov

You’re completely right nick , have we got to play Ayari because I’ve seen nothing from him to suggest he should start a game , and he might be a decent player in years to come but right now he’s not .

Blind-Faith

Robins - lost us the game before the off, lost focus on what we’re good at and paid them far to much respect by changing the system to try and stifle them

Collins - 6
Mve- 5 can he cross a ball?
Kitching 6
Thomas 6
Bidwell 7 +1 for clearing Allen out
Eccles 5
Sheaf 5
Allen 6 +1 being cleared out by Bidwell
Ohare 6
Wright 5 get on side fella
Ayari 4 ????

saka 7 Motm
Godden 4
Lati 6

Cally Fedora

I actually thought we were ok. Away from home versus a side with momentum and in 2nd. Shows we are a decent outfit. Ayari is not worth a starting place and I’ve never bought in to the Godden “poacher” myth. A front two of Simms and Wright with O’Hare behind them must be close. Happy with the way we’re shaping up

steve101

Collins 6 (one semi-decent save but got lucky with his risky distribution)
Van Ewijk 6 (good recovery runs but otherwise ordinary)
Thomas 6 (in the main did okay but a few too many errors on the ball)
Kitching 7 (didn't do much wrong. I like the way he moves the ball forward quickly)
Bidwell 7 motm (wholehearted performance again. Some good solid challenges and interceptions. Great effort on goal)
Eccles 5 (hardly noticed him - positively or negatively)
Sheaf 6 (real mixed game. His passing wasn't to his usual standard)
Ayari 4 (mostly anonymous)
O'Hare 6 (fair play to him. Not up to speed but kept showing for the ball and tried to link play)
Allen 5 (bypassed much of the game)
Wright 6 (robbed the ball a couple of times and some decent runs but not able to hold the ball up and needlessly offside too often)

Sakamota 7 (so much more threatening with him on the pitch. First touch is effortless. Won the penalty)
Godden 4
Simms 5
Latibeudiere 5
Da Silva 5

rob9872

Collins 6 (one semi-decent save but got lucky with his risky distribution)
Van Ewijk 6 (good recovery runs but otherwise ordinary)
Thomas 6 (in the main did okay but a few too many errors on the ball)
Kitching 7 (didn't do much wrong. I like the way he moves the ball forward quickly)
Bidwell 7 motm (wholehearted performance again. Some good solid challenges and interceptions. Great effort on goal)
Eccles 5 (hardly noticed him - positively or negatively)
Sheaf 6 (real mixed game. His passing wasn't to his usual standard)
Ayari 4 (mostly anonymous)
O'Hare 6 (fair play to him. Not up to speed but kept showing for the ball and tried to link play)
Allen 5 (bypassed much of the game)
Wright 6 (robbed the ball a couple of times and some decent runs but not able to hold the ball up and needlessly offside too often)

Sakamota 7 (so much more threatening with him on the pitch. First touch is effortless. Won the penalty)
Godden 4
Simms 5
Latibeudiere 5
Da Silva 5
Can't be giving Simms (the sub who played 15 minutes and scored) less than Wright who played 75 minutes and never threatened.

rob9872

Just found out on the coach he didn't score lol. Looked like it in the stands

Offhegoes

Any hope of a comeback was gone when Godden went through the middle instead of Simms 2nd half.
Thought O’Hare did OK and Wright was lively.
Allen, Sheaf and Eccles well below par.
I think this was a game for Liam Kelly to start in. Against a free scoring team, but no. We got Lati and Dasilva in centre mid and 2nd half.
Love Robins, but he’s seriously looking like he hasn’t got a clue on his best team / formation. Clearly we have lots of quality players

fernandopartridge

Any hope of a comeback was gone when Godden went through the middle instead of Simms 2nd half.
Thought O’Hare did OK and Wright was lively.
Allen, Sheaf and Eccles well below par.
I think this was a game for Liam Kelly to start in. Against a free scoring team, but no. We got Lati and Dasilva in centre mid and 2nd half.
Love Robins, but he’s seriously looking like he hasn’t got a clue on his best team / formation. Clearly we have lots of quality players
How anybody could conclude that game needed Liam Kelly is beyond me

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

calibrase6

Robins 0 - Lost us that before the game even started.

Fuck knows what his obsession with Ayari and Godden is.
Godden over the years as earnt the loyalty of the manager so no problem with him having been our no.1 striker up to today. However Simms now needs promoting ahead of him and given a proper run of games as the main striker.
As for ayari, i'll drive him back to Brighton tonight and pay Brighton money to do it. He is a fucking waste of Oxygen, worse player ive ever seen as he has no heart or desire. Will do nothing in his career with that attitude.

Chris1987

If I could give Robins a minus I would. Beginning to seriously question his thinking now
Why on earth change a team that had looked way better ( apart from Simms for Hidden) .

Cov98

Collins 6 - Not sure about the first goal but nothing he could for the second, was alright

MVE 6 - Decent, final ball poor

Thomas 7 - Did well aside from a few dodgy passes and touches

Kitching 7 - Solid again, looking a good signing

Bidwell 8 - Really solid as per usual

Eccles 5 - didn’t do much before coming off

Sheaf 5 - Passing really poor today and was caught out of position a few times

O Hare 6 - Obviously not fit but improved as the game went on

Allen 5 - Didn’t do much wrong per say but was a bit absent

Ayari 2 - One word - why

Wright 6.5 - Thought he played well despite being isolated in the first half, pressured from the top and won the ball on a couple of occasions

Godden 4 - didn’t do anything aside from missing the pen

Sakamoto 8 - most lively and creative yet again

Simms 6 - didn’t have much time but proved a handful

Dasilva 5 - didn’t do much after coming on but played a nice ball towards the end

Lati 5.5 - Did alright but he’s much better in defence compared to midfield

Johhny Blue

Sheaf misplaced/under hit most of his passes.
O’Hare isn’t (and possibly never will be) the player he was
Ayari needs a loan at a lower division. He looked afraid to do anything except play backwards to the closest player to him
Eccles hardly touched the ball
Bidwell is a beast.,wiped out at least three of their players ( watch the build up to their first goal) and one of ours.
I thought the defence did pretty well today.
We were flattered with 2-1. Didn’t expect anything today.,Back to normal on Friday

Last edited:

stupot07

Collins 6
MVE 6
Thomas 6
Kitching 6
Bidwell 6.5
Sheaf 6
Eccles 5
Allen 5
Ayari 4
O'Hare 6
Wright 6

Subs
Godden 4
Saka 6
Lati 5
Dasilva 5
Simms 5.5

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Only been back half an hour. What a cold, miserable experience that was.

Crappie first half. Slightly less crap second. There were some poor performances out there today. Allen, Sheaf, Thomas, Godden seem to struggle to pass it to anyone on their own team.

Ayari was awful. Send him back.

Godden...well, his penalty miss what the icing on a shit cake. He was poor before that miss and poor afterwards
Hopefully, someone will step forward and take over penalty duties.

A lot of idiots arguing with stewards as well today. Twats.

Balli001

Crappie first half. Slightly less crap second. There were some poor performances out there today. Allen, Sheaf, Thomas, Godden seem to struggle to pass it to anyone on their own team.

Godden...well, his penalty miss what the icing on a shit cake. He was poor before that miss and poor afterwards

Guy in front of us swearing constantly, steward intervened and the verbal increased. Police by the stairs soon cleared the stairwells on the second half tho

Bidda

One of the last times l was there, Mick Coop missed a penalty, Larry Lloyd was sent off, and we lost 4-0! 🥴

rob9872

A lot of idiots arguing with stewards because for some reason out entitled fans seem to think they can stand crammed all over the stairways. It's pathetic. I know barely anyone has their own seat (fwiw we almost always do or as close to it) but at least find an empty seat.

That said some of the stewarding and policing also way over the top. I went to the loo on about the hour mark, came back up the stairs to be told to go the other way as they weren't letting anyone in, not even trying to see if your ticket in that area. I spoke to a sensible one and lied to say my daughter was up there on her own and was let through although my wife was with her in reality, but their presence and number if anything exaggerated an already bad situation.

Otis

I didn't follow the game at all, but have read through the threads.

Lots of comments of us losing the game before we even kicked off because of Robins' team selection.

I did notice though that so many have said that Sheaf had a very poor game today. Well recently he has been brilliant and possibly the MOTM in a game or two

So he had an off day. Robins wouldn't have known he was going to have an off day before the game. Surely if Sheaf had been on his game, we would have played a lot better wouldn't we?

I know tactics can lose you games. But so also can players having an off day.

Or are people saying he had a bad game because of the tactics and formation?

calibrase6

Collins 5 at fault for first goal
MVE 5 offers little going forward with his final ball and today was beaten a few times defensively
Thomas 6 steady. Improving and will be good long term
Kitching 5 at fault for the first goal
Bidwell 8 outstanding today again and more dangerous going forward than MVE ironically
Sheaf 4 dreadful today and seemed to think were were playing in blue
Eccles 6 did nothing wrong, no idea why he was taken off
Allen 6 not his best game but still was everywhere and linked the defence and attack. We are better with him in the side
Ohare 5 might be harsh but just seemed a bit anonymous. Nowhere near the player he was yet.
Ayari 1 Waste of a shirt. Waste of a squad place. He gets a 1 as he managed to put his shirt on the right way round
Wright 7 provided an outlet and got the penalty and caused them trouble at times.

Subs
Latabadieure 5 not a midfielder and nowhere near the player Eccles is in that role.
Sakamoto 7 our most dangerous player. Criminal he didnt start.
Godden 5 poor penalty and sadly the signs are there he is declining.
Simms 6 Looked lost at times and bereft of confidence BUT did score and time for him to have a run as our main striker in the Godden role
Da Silva 5 offered nothing

calibrase6

I didn't follow the game at all, but have read through the threads.

Lots of comments of us losing the game before we even kicked off because of Robins' team selection.

I did notice though that so many have said that Sheaf had a very poor game today. Well recently he has been brilliant and possibly the MOTM in a game or two

So he had an off day. Robins wouldn't have known he was going to have an off day before the game. Surely if Sheaf had been on his game, we would have played a lot better wouldn't we?

I know tactics can lose you games. But so also can players having an off day.

Or are people saying he had a bad game because of the tactics and formation?
Picking Ayari meant we were playing with 10 men. Everyone knew beforehand we would lose with Ayari playing. Manager, as great as he is, has to carry the can for that unless King forced him to play him due to pressure from Brighton.

Users who are viewing this thread