Iran & USA (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I think Tisza might be right. Iran can say we've struck back, the Yanks can take it on the chin and play it down and it's back to business as usual, which is Iran and Saudi/Israel trying to fuck each other over with a whole host of other countries stuck in the middle.
In normal times you might be right but who knows now.

tisza

Iran threatened Israel and even Dubai yesterday!
Iran threatens Israel every week.
Dubai a close ally of Saudi plus strong links with West. So a geopolitical threat from Iran. Unlikely to bomb due to large expat population (Inc Iranians) which could draw other countries into any conflict.
Iranian threats to unleash Hezbollah and other Shia militias reinforces the belief Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism.

tisza

Also Iranian missile attacks on US targets on Iraqi soil undermines the Iraqi position with a large part of their population.
They've allowed iranian-backed militia to attack US assets prior to Suleinai assassination and now a large missile attack (in proportion to number of missiles US used) on their territory.

Brighton Sky Blue

It looks like Qasem Soleimani was banned from travelling outside Iran from the U.N.

Here's document for proof.

https://www.undocs.org/S/RES/2231(2015)

Skip page 39. Read section 1.9, but not the whole of it just 1.9.1., 1.9.1.1. and 1.9.1.2.

Then page 62 and look for SOLEIMANI, Qasem .

The UN also forbid Israel building illegal settlements in the West Bank. Netanyahu threatened New Zealand for agreeing with them then did it anyway

A bit like allowing the popular kid to get away with anything

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I now fear for the safety of charity worker, Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. She has had her hopes of freedom dashed before and now it looks like the Iranians may just keep hold of her as a bargaining tool. Her husband, kids and family must be feeling really nervous as to her future now.

SkyblueBazza

The UN also forbid Israel building illegal settlements in the West Bank. Netanyahu threatened New Zealand for agreeing with them then did it anyway

A bit like allowing the popular kid to get away with anything
He seems to have plenty of supporters on this thread!

He was orchestrating terror activities & has reportedly been responsible for many Iranian deaths.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

I now fear for the safety of charity worker, Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe. She has had her hopes of freedom dashed before and now it looks like the Iranians may just keep hold of her as a bargaining tool. Her husband, kids and family must be feeling really nervous as to her future now.
Which is another likely reason Boris kept quiet & was more conscilliatory in his tone when he has spoken.

Sadly though the world will continue regardless of what happens to any one individual...especially if it's a member of old Joe public

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Thought it was way too much of a coincidence. It would’ve been a mistake no doubt, however, when the US made a similar mistake with an Iranian passenger jet 30 years ago, Iran (allegedly) were involved in Lockerbie as retribution.

Users who are viewing this thread