Iran & USA (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Yes, Trump will do anything to distract from his impeachment and to try and bolster his reelection campaign.

Massive mistake and a war US cannot win.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Yes, Trump will do anything to distract from his impeachment and to try and bolster his reelection campaign.

Massive mistake and a war US cannot win.

Given that he was elected on a promise of not getting involved in endless foreign wars it would be a bloody big riak to take though?

As for 'winning' i think that would be highly dependent on what the bar was for victory in any conflict. Invading Iran would likely topple the current regime but god knows what would rise in its place (look at the state of Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan).

Ian1779

I’m filling up the car ready for when petrol hits £2 a litre.

There’s always someone making money from war and conflict.

chiefdave

Given that he was elected on a promise of not getting involved in endless foreign wars it would be a bloody big riak to take though?
Certainly puts a very big dent in his claims that he was withdrawing troops from Syria not to assist Putin but because he was ending the US being involved in Middle Eastern conflicts.
As for 'winning' i think that would be highly dependent on what the bar was for victory in any conflict. Invading Iran would likely topple the current regime but god knows what would rise in its place (look at the state of Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan).
We've been here before but they don't seem to learn. The worrying part is Iran seems to have more capability to strike back than other countries the US has decided to go into.

stupot07

Certainly puts a very big dent in his claims that he was withdrawing troops from Syria not to assist Putin but because he was ending the US being involved in Middle Eastern conflicts.

We've been here before but they don't seem to learn. The worrying part is Iran seems to have more capability to strike back than other countries the US has decided to go into.
Yeah, here's a really interesting thread about Irans military capability.

fatso

All this talk about WW3 is press hysteria, they blew a couple of cars up ffs, the IRA used to do that just for kicks!
The Iranian military leader, had been attending a meeting to discuss killing American citizens, so what the fook do you expect Trump to do?

That's if you believe American intelligence reports of course.
And is "American intelligence" an oxymoron?

Nick

Administrator
All this talk about WW3 is press hysteria, they blew a couple of cars up ffs, the IRA used to do that just for kicks!
The Iranian military leader, had been attending a meeting to discuss killing American citizens, so what the fook do you expect Trump to do?

So I'm not going to be forced to go to war for the Army?

I will send Call of Duty back.

Liquid Gold

To be fair both sides are doing that anyway and you wouldn't justify Iran taking out the head of the US army.

All a load of shit. Who could have thought starting a war in Iraq was a bad idea?

fatso

To be fair both sides are doing that anyway and you wouldn't justify Iran taking out the head of the US army.

All a load of shit. Who could have thought starting a war in Iraq was a bad idea?
Actually I could understand if Iran took out the head of the US army, as that would be a legitimate military target. Rather that than Innocent civilians.

But to be honest I'm just glad that Boris hasn't fallen over himself to get the UK involved in the combat, like that twat Blair did.

chiefdave

That's a dangerous stance to take given the way the US and UK like to jump into things and bomb other countries. Are we a fair target for all those countries now?

fatso

That's a dangerous stance to take given the way the US and UK like to jump into things and bomb other countries. Are we a fair target for all those countries now?
I think we've always been on their hated list to be honest, it dosnt take much to upset people in the middle east, honestly, we drop a couple of bombs on them and they cant stop moaning about it!!!
To be honest I think it's just politics and finance at play, America's military needs an enemy (real or fictional) to justify their spending, and Iran needs someone else for their people to hate instead of their own leaders.
In a bizarre way it suits all parties, and no doubt Trump will get voted in again after seeming to secure a victory, in much the same way as Thatcher did after the Falklands.

SkyBlueDom26

The opposite is actually true. He’s running scared in the face of desperation to be re-elected. These are the actions of a scared, desperate, narcissistic and dangerous man who will do literally anything in the hope of earning him re-election. This is anything but an act of bravery.

He is dangerous tbh I'll give you that one.... as for re-election I think he would have been anyway as we all know he won't be removed from office as 2 thirds won't support it

clint van damme

great day for isis and their ilk. It's uncanny how often western action in the middle east benefits Sunni islamists.
Made me laugh when, I think Pompeo, posted a video of Iraqis celebrating in the street at the news. Yes Mike, guess who they support you utter cretin.

theferret

Iran has been attacking and seizing oil tankers, it has taken down drones, attacked Saudi oil plants, launched rocket attacks on US forces, and organised the storming of the US embassy. The US retaliated. Surprised?

Soleimani was a monster behind the murder and rape of thousands, and most in the region are rejoicing.

Don't like Trump, not one bit, but let's not pretend Obama wouldn't have responded in a similar way. In fact, Trump has been notably more isolationist and less hawkish than Obama, Bush and Clinton ever were.

Users who are viewing this thread