Is Maddison a joker? (1 Viewer)

hill83

What did he do?

image001_3.gif

steveo1987

That game was set up for him today as Swindon were intent on going for a win.He has never taken a game by the scruff of the neck and bossed it that I can recall.To lightweight for me.If he could stay on his feet it would be a start.

shmmeee

Still got quality, but his attitude is atrocious. Seems to be a trend with our youth. Wilson was an exception.

Delboycov

He's a 19 year old lad that has just probably set himself and his family up for life.. his head is certainly elsewhere and for me that's down to immaturity but unlike most I definitely think he'll make it as a premier league player. Unless he comes to terms with the move quickly he is not much use to us at all right now though

Delboycov

Deli Ali is a 19yr old lad

True Steve but physically and mentally Ali is a man and I think JM is still a lad who over the next couple of seasons will grow up. He's got the skill and the footballing brain and when he adds a bit of physicality he will be quite a player.

olderskyblue

I didn't think he played much different from before he was sold. Occasional brilliance, the odd dive, getting caught with the ball occasionally. I think the change is with the fans. When he was ours he was a hero no matter how he played, now, he's not ours...

Nick

Administrator
I didn't think he played much different from before he was sold. Occasional brilliance, the odd dive, getting caught with the ball occasionally. I think the change is with the fans. When he was ours he was a hero no matter how he played, now, he's not ours...
The diving has definitely increased, before he at least has a bit of end product.

Rodders1

I thought we looked much more threatening when Maddison and Murphy came on. They may frustrate..... But they are talented and do cause problems for the opposition. We'll miss them next season.

Great_Expectations

I never fully understood the hype. He looked good at the start of the season, a really influential player. But so did Ruben to an extent.

He got injured and simultaneously sold, and has done nothing since.

I think he has potential; when he wants to play he can, but the football world is littered with such players.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been since I was 8. I'm more than an average fan, but not a dedicated watching the youth team type. My point being, my only experience of JM10 has been this season and frankly it's been anti climatic.

rob9872

The comparisons with dele Ali are harsh. Madders has been poor since the move, but he will come good and will hopefully grow up soon - far too much raw talent (imo) not to, providing he listens, learns from mistakes and gives his all. At the moment he is guilty of believing his own hype.

Ali had 100 games at this level, madders only 20. Really needs another season at least at this level, but a short term career and he could get a career ending injury and never make it. He had to take the pot of gold on offer, but it's hampered his development and he'll need to buckle down and grow up quickly.

Bugsy

The comparisons with dele Ali are harsh. Madders has been poor since the move, but he will come good and will hopefully grow up soon - far too much raw talent (imo) not to, providing he listens, learns from mistakes and gives his all. At the moment he is guilty of believing his own hype.

Ali had 100 games at this level, madders only 20. Really needs another season at least at this level, but a short term career and he could get a career ending injury and never make it. He had to take the pot of gold on offer, but it's hampered his development and he'll need to buckle down and grow up quickly.

I'm with u on that...needs a hug I think off Joe Cole. C'mon if or when Leicester win the league we can get in the playoffs at least.....
I'm still believing anyway...happy Sunday people........PUSB

Nick

Administrator

Laughable when people were saying Madison was worth twice as much then

bawtryneal

If the dive had resulted in a penalty would we all be taking the piss today. Assuming we didn't miss the penalty mind !!

H

Huckerby

If the dive had resulted in a penalty would we all be taking the piss today. Assuming we didn't miss the penalty mind !!
Yes. His diving is ridiculous it's not just one incident. It's everything that's wrong with the game and I can't understand why it's something he keeps doing - it's not like it gets decisions? Does he think it's cool?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Maddison's real value is completely unknown because it's too early to tell. He could turn out to be Kevin Thornton or he could be Lionel Messi.

Whilst it's probably somewhere in the middle leaning towards the former, after 20 league 1 games (discounting the ones since Januray) it's impossible to tell how good or bad he's going to be, and therefore certainly too early to sell him for a snap shot bid.

He needs time to develop and that's already going backwards judging by the last couple of months. Those Alice bands and sparkly boots combined with the constant diving has spiralled out of control. He just isn't focussed on Coventry anymore, he thinks he's bigger than that now.

You just can't sell a player so young. Yes, he could turn out to be shit, but certainly earlier in the season the indicators weren't that way. He could develop into a key player in the team, or a massive finacial asset. For now though he just needs to get gone. He's not doing any favours to us right anymore.

asiaskyblues

I'm sorry but what exactly does he bring to the game apart from acting like a penguin? All he does is try to dive around and look for penalties.

I think we've done well to get money for him.

Let's be honest, young people have three choices when leaving Secondary School, 1) go to college or university 2) get an apprentceship or go to work 3) be involved in sports.
You cannot begrudge Maddison, Murphy and Arma for their behaviour as they are 'footballers'. They are not there because of their wealth or education or beliefs, but solely their football ability.
None of them have affections for the club in a 'working' role. Maybe they have feelings for the clubs for family or educational reasons but they are not here long term.
They dive, they perform arrogantly, they 'look like they don't try'.
BUT they are young. I feel sorry for youngsters nowadays where they have to go online to get a life. Many on here remember, but often forget, how easy life used to be. We could con our parents into believing we were unaware of the time because we had no mobiles or texts.
Being angry or distainful towards Maddison, Arma or Murphy is your problem, not theirs. It is you who chose to support. like me, the City. We cannot blame 'kids' for their ways as they only mimic adults.
No, we must be, as adults, totally aware of things around us so we can help and supprt the Maddisons, Murpys and Armas of this world.

Samo

Maddison's real value is completely unknown because it's too early to tell. He could turn out to be Kevin Thornton or he could be Lionel Messi.

Whilst it's probably somewhere in the middle leaning towards the former, after 20 league 1 games (discounting the ones since Januray) it's impossible to tell how good or bad he's going to be, and therefore certainly too early to sell him for a snap shot bid.

He needs time to develop and that's already going backwards judging by the last couple of months. Those Alice bands and sparkly boots combined with the constant diving has spiralled out of control. He just isn't focussed on Coventry anymore, he thinks he's bigger than that now.

You just can't sell a player so young. Yes, he could turn out to be shit, but certainly earlier in the season the indicators weren't that way. He could develop into a key player in the team, or a massive finacial asset. For now though he just needs to get gone. He's not doing any favours to us right anymore.

With respect, I think we'd have noticed if he were the next Messi, and I don't think a player who can often have zero impact on a L1 game will ever achieve that standard.

KG7

He's had his first small dip in form which could be attributed to a number of things including being played out of position, becoming more well known, experiencing the effects of missing half of a season due to injury, adjusting to becoming a Norwich player, feeling a shift in attitude towards him from the fans, playing in a team that has lost its confidence... The reaction of everyone on this forum says more about us as fans than it does about him as a player. He has become less effective but it's our attitude towards him that has changed, not his attitude to the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

As I am on holiday at the moment I can't comment on his perfomance yesterday but all I can say is, it is a good job he doesn't play here in Lanzarote he would get blown over in the wind and struggle to get up again☺

ceetee

The issue is that he is a talented player but to express that talent he has to stay on his feet. If he goes down everytime he's tackled the refs will ignore him and only blatant fouls will be penalised.

I'm not going to turn against him just because of the transfer. I saw a couple of pre-season games, and especially at Cambridge, he didn't look any better than the other academy lads. I was pleasantly surprised the way he started the season, but now I'm not so sure about him. Yes, he has talent, and if and when he learns how to use yt he could become a good player... but not at the moment.

shmmeee

Let's be honest, young people have three choices when leaving Secondary School, 1) go to college or university 2) get an apprentceship or go to work 3) be involved in sports.
You cannot begrudge Maddison, Murphy and Arma for their behaviour as they are 'footballers'. They are not there because of their wealth or education or beliefs, but solely their football ability.
None of them have affections for the club in a 'working' role. Maybe they have feelings for the clubs for family or educational reasons but they are not here long term.
They dive, they perform arrogantly, they 'look like they don't try'.
BUT they are young. I feel sorry for youngsters nowadays where they have to go online to get a life. Many on here remember, but often forget, how easy life used to be. We could con our parents into believing we were unaware of the time because we had no mobiles or texts.
Being angry or distainful towards Maddison, Arma or Murphy is your problem, not theirs. It is you who chose to support. like me, the City. We cannot blame 'kids' for their ways as they only mimic adults.
No, we must be, as adults, totally aware of things around us so we can help and supprt the Maddisons, Murpys and Armas of this world.

What?

How many people do you think are employed as sportsmen?

Are you seriously blaming the Internet for ruining kids lives?

What?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

With respect, I think we'd have noticed if he were the next Messi, and I don't think a player who can often have zero impact on a L1 game will ever achieve that standard.

Yeah, of course mate. I was more using it as an example to show the two extreme sides of the spectrum.

Bob Latchford

In my honest opinion , he's talented but , think he's more interested in posing rather than playing football. he reminds me of a constipated penguin on Anadin .

ccfctommy

Clive Eakin. If you going to register on here, don't try to pretend to be a 'Tommy'. Atleast use your proper name ;)

Think its only you and Clive who thought MAddison did well today.......

Several people I spoke to yesterday said he did okay.

Gazolba

<snip> We cannot blame 'kids' for their ways as they only mimic adults.
<snip>

This is absolute nonsense. Everyone has their own personal responsibility regardless of the actions of people around them.

The Reverend Skyblue

Too lightweight and his Flickey flackey posing diving gets on my bloody tits.
Will not make it in the Prem , at best a lower Championship team will at best be where he plays most of his football.
He has a bigger spectrum of dives than Chris Snode

MalcSB

He didn't dive in the penalty area yesterday. His leg was hooked away, a foul with no attempt to get the ball, therefore should have been a pen.

Users who are viewing this thread