Is Maddison a joker? (4 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

He keeps admiring his own passes, his general play is with a exaggerated swagger. He doesn't do enough to hurt teams. Not writing him off mind.

Hobo

Fans put him on a pedestal too soon..

Johnnythespider

All those scouts that came to check him out weren't there because the fans put him on a pedestal, he has genuine talent but is still a kid learning his trade.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hobo

All those scouts that came to check him out weren't there because the fans put him on a pedestal, he has genuine talent but is still a kid learning his trade.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with that. What I disagree with is our fans expectation of a kid who showed a bit of talent. P.S. the scouts were there to check him out and see what the noise was about, not sign him. The lad has a long way to go in the footsteps of many who have failed....but that is football.

ccfc1234

JM has started to believe his own hype a touch and thats why is bad we sold him he is not as committed or playing the same type of game as before.

singers_pore

JM and TM both said that JM needed to stay at the club in order to aid his development. He wasn't ready for a move to a Prem club. If we had held onto him it would have been better for JM and also better for us as a fully developed player would have attracted a much higher price. I fear JM could go the same way as Bigi by moving on too soon.

rupert_bear

Apart from Norwich there were apparently 2 other Prem outfits seriously looking to grab him, has loads of talent and I'm certain he'll get better, trouble with him, here he's a spent force and if I was Mowbray wouldn't use him. Unless he produced top class performances the crowd will be on his back as they are now.

The Gentleman

Fans put him on a pedestal too soon..

Yeah but we do that just so we can find a scapegoat to knock down. I think we've had these sort of threads about most of the young players who have been here and shown potential. I wonder how many of the knockers on here are actually involved in football earning thousands of pounds a week as top coaches, scouts or managers?

Sadly diving is part of the game now, especially when it's encouraged by managers and I wonder how many on here would moan about it if at the end of the season it won us a few pens which turned out to be the difference between promotion or not? There are far better players than Maddison that dive so I don't think that this problem will hinder his progress and maybe just being at a bigger club with better players will help him grow, he is still a kid don't forget.

ClarkeZ

Yeah but we do that just so we can find a scapegoat to knock down.

I'm not convinced that we're doing that as much as people are implying. Its fairly evident that no player (or manager) has escaped criticism over recent weeks and months. The messiahs from early season have taken all their fair share of criticism, Fleck, AA, Murphy, etc etc.

But obviously there are threads about individuals, doesn't mean we are singling out scapegoats, its just discussion in more depth on that player.

I think JM's game has changed a bit. He has always dived, and I have always been critical of it. I despise it in football, but its become more apparent since Christmas. Look at Lukaku's goal against Arsenal in the cup, could have gone down or allowed himself to be pulled back as he beat the first two players on the wing, but didn't, stayed up and pushed past them and then scored. JM could be scoring and creating more if he spent more fucking time on his feet! He always looks for contact and a chance to go to ground.

Covstu

Apart from Norwich there were apparently 2 other Prem outfits seriously looking to grab him, has loads of talent and I'm certain he'll get better, trouble with him, here he's a spent force and if I was Mowbray wouldn't use him. Unless he produced top class performances the crowd will be on his back as they are now.

but for circa 3m it's a drop in the ocean for these, if he doesn't work out then they cut him loose. I think he will be a decent player but no worldie

AFCCOVENTRY

Well he just continues to irritate me does Maddison. Today he posted pictures of his new pink Nike football boots supplied for free and just now he has posted pictures of his shiny new Range Rover.

Nothing like being humble hey...

Good riddance to shit.

Ian1779

He won't make it at the top level unless he learns to stay upright and ride a challenge.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well he just continues to irritate me does Maddison. Today he posted pictures of his new pink Nike football boots supplied for free and just now he has posted pictures of his shiny new Range Rover.

Nothing like being humble hey...

Good riddance to shit.

Is he old enough to drive? ;) And is it a god awful Matt green like what Jordan Clarke had? Wrecked a nice car did he!! :D

AFCCOVENTRY

Is he old enough to drive? ;) And is it a god awful Matt green like what Jordan Clarke had? Wrecked a nice car did he!! :D

Funnily he purchased a Range Rover Evoque. The woman's car. Quite fitting as it will match with his Alice band.

dancers lance

I think the sale of Maddison has been one of the worst decisions ever made by this club, regardless of his ability. He was being lorded by City fans as 'one of our own' and was part of a team that was playing great, attacking football and was seen as one of the players that would be a huge part in us gaining promotion. So we sold him, all the other players seen the club for what it is, if we could sell 'one of our own' the next best thing, then is this club serious about success or will they just cash in at any chance?

It's no coincidence that we turned to shit at the same time he was sold, the players just thought the owners just showed their arse and don't give a shit, why should we? Now I'm not saying that is right, but that's what has happened.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think the sale of Maddison has been one of the worst decisions ever made by this club, regardless of his ability. He was being lorded by City fans as 'one of our own' and was part of a team that was playing great, attacking football and was seen as one of the players that would be a huge part in us gaining promotion. So we sold him, all the other players seen the club for what it is, if we could sell 'one of our own' the next best thing, then is this club serious about success or will they just cash in at any chance?

It's no coincidence that we turned to shit at the same time he was sold, the players just thought the owners just showed their arse and don't give a shit, why should we? Now I'm not saying that is right, but that's what has happened.

I don't believe that personally. He has been injured for a lot of the season and the majority of our players are on loan or on short term contracts. I don't think they really care if a player is sold.

johnwillomagic

Spot on afc dancers lance speaking shit! Murphy, AA on loans and going back to higher level clubs.
Fleck seems to be going onto championship club, ricketts seeing us as last payday.....circa Cole, Hunt, Henderson, Fortune
Sale of Maddison would not affect most of our squad in the slightest...if anything might drive on current academy players to
get into side and force a transfer up to the promised land which short term is a benefit!

Nick

Administrator

We were rubbish about two months before he was sold, we were also good without him.

dancers lance

I just think it was a move by the club that put the element of doubt into the minds of other players, I agree we had some poor performances before he was sold but we have been constantly shite since his sale. We had a team in January that was still fighting and just seem to have given up ever since.
We were rubbish about two months before he was sold, we were also good without him.

rupert_bear

The inclusion of James Maddison since his return from long term injury has not improved us one iota, and he's an apparent £8/9 million player. How Mowbray, supposedly, mega experienced has got himself sucked into this situation is a mystery to me. Since his return Maddison is simply not good enough for that number 10 role. Certain he will end up a top player but shouldn't be here anymore. As for driving a Range Rover so what ! He's almost a millionaire now I should think don't see many of them driving a Corsa do you.

Grendel

I just think it was a move by the club that put the element of doubt into the minds of other players, I agree we had some poor performances before he was sold but we have been constantly shite since his sale. We had a team in January that was still fighting and just seem to have given up ever since.

We had terrible performances before he was sold.

He has been poor and one dimensional since his return and his market value plummeted.

Players get sold. Deli Ali was sold at MK Dons - I actually don't know what you mean about uncertainty. How does it make other players uncertain? Are you saying our players have never seen another player sold before?

Grendel

The inclusion of James Maddison since his return from long term injury has not improved us one iota, and he's an apparent £8/9 million player. How Mowbray, supposedly, mega experienced has got himself sucked into this situation is a mystery to me. Since his return Maddison is simply not good enough for that number 10 role. Certain he will end up a top player but shouldn't be here anymore. As for driving a Range Rover so what ! He's almost a millionaire now I should think don't see many of them driving a Corsa do you.

He's only a £9 million player with the fantasists on here.

Ian1779

If a player is supposedly affected by the contract status of his team mates the you have to wonder if they have the mental strength to make it at the top level.

AFCCOVENTRY

If a player is supposedly affected by the contract status of his team mates the you have to wonder if they have the mental strength to make it at the top level.

I think we know pretty much nobody in our squad will ever make it as a Premiership footballer. Only one that probably will is Armstrong and he isn't even out player.

But the likes of Murphy never will. He would struggle at Championship level.

H

Huckerby

Yeh showing off a bit I guess but if I was 19 and just signed a contract with a premier league team probably on what, £5k a week or something? I'd be excited too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

higgs

That's fair enough if you don't let it affect your football but he hasn't been the same player since we loaned him back. Based on his performances and apparent Billy big balls attitude I'm glad we sold him I think he will be another underachiever

Sterling Archer

The same people claiming Maddison was the saviour before he was sold, now hate him ... when the truth is, he is still currently performing at the same level and doing exactly the same things he was doing before the move.

In the fans eyes "Getting hacked" has now become "not being able to stay on his feet/diving" and "taking on players, trying to make things happen" has become "ball hogging and not taking the easy option."

Nick

Administrator
The same people claiming Maddison was the saviour before he was sold, now hate him ... when the truth is, he is still currently performing at the same level and doing exactly the same things he was doing before the move.

In the fans eyes "Getting hacked" has now become "not being able to stay on his feet/diving" and "taking on players, trying to make things happen" has become "ball hogging and not taking the easy option."

Or people have been saying he dives and tries to do too much before he was sold.

Users who are viewing this thread