It’s time to say goodbye to Coventry City (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Dear Coventry City Football Club,
This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but over the past 12 months you’ve changed. That change has not been a good one. When I think back to the laughter and joy you bought into my life it’s even harder to let you go. I’m not sure if there will ever be a way back for us, but for now I’ve got to go my own way.
Saturdays are no longer about you, and it’s not fair on either of us to continue in limbo. There are so many things about you that I will miss but this has to be goodbye.
I’ve tried fighting for you. Tried to reason, shout and ignore but all to no avail. All I want is for you to come back to me, for times to be as they were once before. Writing this doesn’t soften the blow, in fact it makes it seem all the more real, as now the words are written down I cannot take it back.
For the past 14 years we’ve had our ups and downs. Many a time I’ve spoken to friends about you, but I’m finding less and less people who will stand up for you and think we should give it one final try.
Do not think you are alone in acting the way you are. There are many more just like you. You will never be replaced by another in my heart. The problem is I have been replaced in yours. Money, greed, ego, stubbornness all lay within you. There is no room for you to remember the good times and all our history.
It breaks my heart that it has come to this. I hope one day you reflect back and realise what a mistake you have made. My greatest wish is that that time comes before you are truly alone.
Thank you for all the good times, for teaching me so much about myself. This is the last time that I will write to you. I’m out of words, expressions and more importantly emotions.
‘You are my City, my only City, you make me happy when skies are grey. You’ll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don’t take my City away.’
The only problem is someone has and they don’t seem likely to give it back.

Natalie Cox has written a letter in too.

Didn't she used to do the Trust?

spider_ricoh

I feel very similarly. I'll probably send something similar if SISU win the JR and forcibly take over the Ricoh.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its fucking sad & attention seeking....that's what it is...

Where was this self-indulgent dross first "published" Nick?

Edit....should've guessed....the CT opinion page

Last edited:

hill83

crying.gif

ccfcway

"When I think back to the laughter and joy you bought into my life"

I must have missed that bit. I'm just used to dissapointment. No top 6 finish in any league in my life time, and one day in the sun, some 27 years ago.

I'm city till i die, but i honestly dont even know if they still exist in the form that I signed up to.

Last edited:

Noggin

Self indulgent, attention seeking, waffle. If you don't want to go any more, don't go.

But people do want to go, we all desperately want to go, but we want to go and Watch our team in Coventry, we want our team to be the good guys again, to get to complain about Leicester and referees instead of our club being the bad guys where you feel dirty giving them money. We want to believe that our owners have the best interests of the football club at heart.

they have ruined football for us and the sooner they fuck off out of our club the better.

ccfcway

Exactly, and imagine if we all wrote in to the telegraph dripping tears all over our keyboard. It would be mayhem.

and it might make the CT think that they could get more readers if they pushed a bit harder with this whole mess

Brighton Sky Blue

Who wouldn't want to go to Sixfields these days, what with the opportunity of getting a free photo with one of those responsible?

mark82

It may be self indulgent waffle but we all feel that way don't we? It is true isn't it? I think even most that go to Sixfields would agree. The club is nowhere near the club we all fell in love with. I don't mean results of course, it's the feel around the club. It's not the community club it once was and that stopped well before we were moved out of the city.

dongonzalos

A Cov fan who seems to have lived for her Saturdays watching Cov for the last 14 years.
Expresses her emotion and upset to the current situation.
It is interesting to see how some react to this....

hill83

A Cov fan who seems to have lived for her Saturdays watching Cov for the last 14 years.
Expresses her emotion and upset to the current situation.
It is interesting to see how some react to this....

You are the king of self indulgent waffle, your crown is being taken though. I'd get writing in to the telegraph now pal.

thaiskyblue

why are you asking me about something you don't care about ?, no wonder sisu can totaly take the piss out of us, when so called fellows supporters, rip into other fans who are feeling down about how our club has been ripped apart by sisu, you reap what you sow mr Partridge.

shmmeee

Really don't understand those taking the piss. Do you hate our club that much that you find it funny that it's losing its fanbase?

hill83

Really don't understand those taking the piss. Do you hate our club that much that you find it funny that it's losing its fanbase?

Because it's funny. I actually do feel the same way as her but I'm not writing in to the telegraph crying, because who really gives a shit how I feel?
It's attention seeking. Nothing more, nothing less.

jimmyhillsfanclub

...and so it starts...

Where has ANYBODY said they hated the club??

Its a football forum & we are taking the piss out of (in my opinion anyway) a self-indulgent, "look at me, feel my pain" parody of a dear john open letter....

some people need to fucking get a grip...

J

Jack Griffin

Self indulgent, attention seeking, waffle. If you don't want to go any more, don't go.

You can mock her all you want, but your words do not change the fact that the fan base is shrinking.
Any properly run company would be horrified about losing their revenue streams & have sacked their CEO.

jimmyhillsfanclub

You can mock her all you want, but your words do not change the fact that the fan base is shrinking.

No shit Sherlock....

....In other news, HouchenHeads photo caption competitions won't change the fact that the dollar is currently trading at around 1.65GBP....

FFS.

Covstu

To be fair i share her frustration and passion for where we are and to be honest i am close to packing up completely myself. Although i probably would write this in the newspaper but each to there own.

blueflint

they don't exist in the same way as when i joined up with them its a sad state to be in

blueflint

Exactly, and imagine if we all wrote in to the telegraph dripping tears all over our keyboard. It would be mayhem.

try writing too SISU all 90% may then get told to piss off by the experts aka tim and joy

Users who are viewing this thread