It’s time to say goodbye to Coventry City (3 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

No shit Sherlock....

....In other news, HouchenHeads photo caption competitions won't change the fact that the dollar is currently trading at around 1.65GBP....

FFS.

Does it matter where she voices her opinion?, surely its that she feels this way that should be of concern. Many do share her concerns, many wont be back. We are losing the goodwill of lifelong supporters and they are cutting their emotional tie with the club and you think its worth mocking? ye gods do we play in to their hands.........

Brighton Sky Blue

It may be self indulgent waffle but we all feel that way don't we? It is true isn't it? I think even most that go to Sixfields would agree. The club is nowhere near the club we all fell in love with. I don't mean results of course, it's the feel around the club. It's not the community club it once was and that stopped well before we were moved out of the city.

Well, yes. The much greater travesty is not just the 10,000+ being robbed of a chance to go, it's the generation of fans we risk losing as they don't grow up watching their home team on a weekend but instead wear shiny blue shirts with 'Lampard' on the back instead. That is what will make us a permanent fixture in these shitty divisions before too long.

My family has been going up to City games for 3 generations; I would love there to be a 4th that isn't robbed of that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Does it matter where she voices her opinion?, surely its that she feels this way that should be of concern. Many do share her concerns, many wont be back. We are losing the goodwill of lifelong supporters and they are cutting their emotional tie with the club and you think its worth mocking? ye gods do we play in to their hands.........

As other "mockers" have already stated, we understand how she feels, we share many of the sentiments.....

..Personally, I put this letter in the same bracket as "Nigels hunger strike"....

...boo hoo hoo....woe is me, feel my pain...look at me damn it...pay me attention....look at me !!!

_brian_

Here's my letter, guys! Sorry you have to see this! If I could keep it to myself I would!!!

Dear Coventry City Football Club

I'd like to compare you to an apple. I like apples. You're my favourite apple. Unfortunately, you have a rotton core*!!!

In 1987** I had a bite of you and it was the most delicious taste I'd ever known. I have to admit that apart from that there's not much to shout about! Your skin is a faded yellow colour and you've got bruises all over! But you're still my favourite apple!

However, just recently you were taken away from me and put in an orchard in Northampton! Not back on a tree though - you were left to rot on the orchard floor!!!

If I had an apple corer, I would remove your core and replace it with another core! I don't care where that core comes from just as long as I get rid of your current core and you come back to your orchard*** in Coventry!

Alas, I don't have an apple corer, so just forget it!!! It's over!!! I'm off to eat an orange!!!

Regards,

B***n

(*Sisu/Otium.)

(**The year we won the FA Cup.)

(***Technically Coventry City Council's orchard, with the lease held by ACL, but let's not worry about that just now.)

mark82

As other "mockers" have already stated, we understand how she feels, we share many of the sentiments.....

..Personally, I put this letter in the same bracket as "Nigels hunger strike"....

...boo hoo hoo....woe is me, feel my pain...look at me damn it...pay me attention....look at me !!!

Come on, Nige is another level. Anyone who feels the need to go on a hunger strike but still eat meals is clearly 100% solid gold Looney.

lewys33

To be fair i share her frustration and passion for where we are and to be honest i am close to packing up completely myself. Although i probably would write this in the newspaper but each to there own.

same for me.

Nick

Administrator
Come on, Nige is another level. Anyone who feels the need to go on a hunger strike but still eat meals is clearly 100% solid gold Looney.

He is still a legend in our house. "I've had enough, get out of my town, get out of my city, I've had, enough"

lewys33

Here's my letter, guys! Sorry you have to see this! If I could keep it to myself I would!!!

I'd like to compare you to an apple. I like apples. You're my favourite apple. Unfortunately, you have a rotton core*!!!

In 1987** I had a bite of you and it was the most delicious taste I'd ever known. I have to admit that apart from that there's not much to shout about! Your skin is a faded yellow colour and you've got bruises all over! But you're still my favourite apple!

However, just recently you were taken away from me and put in an orchard in Northampton! Not back on a tree though - you were left to rot on the orchard floor!!!

If I had an apple corer, I would remove your core and replace it with another core! I don't care where that core comes from just as long as I get rid of your current core and you come back to your orchard*** in Coventry!

Alas, I don't have an apple corer, so just forget it!!! It's over!!! I'm off to eat an orange!!!

Regards,

B***n

(*Sisu/Otium.)

(***Technically Coventry City Council's orchard, with the lease held by ACL, but let's not worry about that just now.)

You cant just go from an apple to an orange! TRAITOR!!!!!

NortonSkyBlue

are you 12 years old by any chance? really you need to look at yourself, she is hurting and you mock.

AndreasB

Oh pull yourself together Natalie. Perhaps you have just found other things to do with your life and thats ok. No one has "robbed" anyone of anything. Its really shit going to Sixfields but its where the team play so make your choice. Oh and every other game is away if you cant face Northampton. Plenty of tickets availalble for all the away games left this year...and you know what, the more you wallow in self rightous self pity, the less anyone is bothered.

mattylad

Natalie Cox has written a letter in too.

Didn't she used to do the Trust?

I know some people will slag me off but just this morning was thinking if a new team starts at the Ricoh I would be there in a flash. I miss football in my home city in a proper stadium..dont care if we have to start at the bottom of the ladder least it would be part of this community.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh pull yourself together Natalie. Perhaps you have just found other things to do with your life and thats ok. No one has "robbed" anyone of anything. Its really shit going to Sixfields but its where the team play so make your choice. Oh and every other game is away if you cant face Northampton. Plenty of tickets availalble for all the away games left this year...and you know what, the more you wallow in self rightous self pity, the less anyone is bothered.

People are robbed of watching the team in Coventry, there's little doubt about that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

are you 12 years old by any chance? really you need to look at yourself, she is hurting and you mock.

Ha ha...well done...are you the self appointed internet monitor?

I think those that bleat & cry about a football team in the local rag should get a bit more perspective in their lives.....

lighten up folks.... its Friday.

wingy

Regards,

B***n

(*Sisu/Otium.)

Ever thought of making Cider brian ,where's Zebedee,watch out for the Wasps.

AndreasB

People are robbed of watching the team in Coventry, there's little doubt about that.

No they are not - the team are still there. Theres a bloke near me at Sixfields, rough as you like, looks a bit financially challenged with 4 urchin kids which he manages to drag along to Sixfields. Im sure its not easy for him, he probably doesnt have the luxury of mercanaries like me of whizzing in and out of Northampton in a car and he probably has to get the supporters bus. But he does it. Im sure he hates it as much as the rest of us BUT is not going to let a short term situation created by a pisspoor owners and Council stop him from getting his kids their fix of the Sky Blues.

He is a fucking hero in my book and should be given a set of free Season Tickets when we are back at the Ricoh to thank him and others for keeping the club alive whilst the rest of our fan base deserted the club in cock eyed non protests that achieved NOTHING.

Leamington Pete

The point is many people feel the same, and the owners don't care. It's even more sad that fellow supporters are dismissive of emotions such as these. Unfortunately at this rate when those involved realise the mistakes they've made in this disastrous course of events, it will be too late.

skybluetony176

No they are not - the team are still there. Theres a bloke near me at Sixfields, rough as you like, looks a bit financially challenged with 4 urchin kids which he manages to drag along to Sixfields. Im sure its not easy for him, he probably doesnt have the luxury of mercanaries like me of whizzing in and out of Northampton in a car and he probably has to get the supporters bus. But he does it. Im sure he hates it as much as the rest of us BUT is not going to let a short term situation created by a pisspoor owners and Council stop him from getting his kids their fix of the Sky Blues.

He is a fucking hero in my book and should be given a set of free Season Tickets when we are back at the Ricoh to thank him and others for keeping the club alive whilst the rest of our fan base deserted the club in cock eyed non protests that achieved NOTHING.

how is sixfields in Coventry?

skybluetony176

how is sixfields in Coventry? Are you sure you're not a wum?

spider_ricoh

Exactly, and imagine if we all wrote in to the telegraph dripping tears all over our keyboard. It would be mayhem.

People have got to be entitled to explain how they feel, how the club's actions have affected them. SISU can't listen if people are denied a voice.

Brighton Sky Blue

We're still playing in Coventry you say? Excell-ah. The fan base has not deserted the club and the superb away followings this season are testament to that. I don't criticise those who go to Northampton but the high and mighty attitude of people like you really doesn't help.

jimmyhillsfanclub

People have got to be entitled to explain how they feel, how the club's actions have affected them. SISU can't listen if people are denied a voice.

No one has been denied a voice....

I know sisu are shitbags, but as far as I'm aware they've not yet bought & subsequently closed down democracy....

skybluetony176

What makes you think SISU want to listen?

i don't think anyone does Nick.

But the FL should be. "Real football for real fans" and all that. They are the only people who have any real controll and influence on Sisu with regards to what happens at the club. so its important to put letters like this out in the domain,

wingy

What makes you think SISU want to listen?

Clearly they hav'nt, did'nt and don't ,thus the current attendances .

On the matter of pouring out your heart ,non effective ,the most positive action the disenfranchised can take to get their local community sport generated fix Is to follow a local team.

Thats a negative In terms of following the CITY but a positive in moving on and not standing around like a jilted lover stamping your feet.

AndreasB

We're still playing in Coventry you say? Excell-ah. The fan base has not deserted the club and the superb away followings this season are testament to that. I don't criticise those who go to Northampton but the high and mighty attitude of people like you really doesn't help.

The only high and mighty people I can see are those taking the moral high ground on this board, full of hysteria and self pity and moving the debate or the protest on NOT ONE BIT

Brighton Sky Blue

The only high and mighty people I can see are those taking the moral high ground on this board, full of hysteria and self pity and moving the debate or the protest on NOT ONE BIT

One or two are like that, I don't doubt that. But the majority fundamentally disagree with the premise that Coventry should be playing anywhere that isn't Coventry and refuse to go on that basis. Otherwise, let's do as the Americans do and just move teams wherever the demand is greatest and whenever we fancy.

NortonSkyBlue

And please advise what are you doing to hasten the return of the club to its home?

Users who are viewing this thread