It's all doom and gloom again... (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Or even realize they're not CCFC's accounts. ;)

Just edited to add that then saw you had put it. You aren't so bad now you have been converted from one of those types...

giphy.gif

Otis

"SISU back to their old tricks, wheres the money gone?"

"Connor Chaplin’s staying at Pompey, Midtable finish at best , Best Players Gone By The End Of January."

"Still no replacement for mcnulty!
Club had roughly 4 mil in last 4 months but we have only sighed kids and freebies!
Obviously Robins takes it
!"

"I personally feel Robbins isn’t letting on as much as he knows. All that money and we haven’t replaced Mcnullty. Definitely something wrong."

"4 million
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
, the club stated that they had a budget for league 1 & thats it, anything on top of that will already be in offshore accounts"

So many more but it's all rinse and repeat by some.

Will it ever end?
I am incredibly positive about the new season.

Would not be at all surprised if we don't do really well and am totally not expecting us to be anywhere near the bottom of the table.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think there is a difference between being concerned at the striker situation and being a 'NOPM SISU OUT' type looking for negatives at every oppurtunity.

I actually think we have a really decent squad for League One and can do some damage this season, that's why I find the situation up front so frustrating. If we could get that right we can give it a go, where as at the moment we will be struggling to hit mid-table, or most likely, below that.

It's hard when other fans are telling you to ignore the problem and acting not phased by it. I think so many years of negatives finally being halted last season has made some bash away any concerns as unwanted, even if they are warranted.

clint van damme

I think there is a difference between being concerned at the striker situation and being a 'NOPM SISU OUT' type looking for negatives at every oppurtunity.

I actually think we have a really decent squad for League One and can do some damage this season, that's why I find the situation up front so frustrating. If we could get that right we can give it a go, where as at the moment we will be struggling to hit mid-table, or most likely, below that.

It's hard when other fans are telling you to ignore the problem and acting not phased by it. I think so many years of negatives finally being halted last season has made some bash away any concerns as unwanted, even if they are warranted.

No one has said ignore the striker situation But sometimes things go against you in football
You've just got to cope with them. We had to do it last year when Jones was injured and we'll have to do it now McNultys gone.
And we don't know for sure that Robins isn't confident of landing someone before Saturday.
We don't know for sure that JCH and Biamou won't start banging them in.
People saying we we'll finish near the bottom because we haven't signed a striker with 5 days to go until the season starts are getting themselves unduly worked up.

Malaka

Although I would like another striker, I do think that in JCH and Biamou have the makings and will settle in to league one. They have more experience now. As for Andreu, he will be like a new signing and will be desperate to impress. I am cautiously optimistic. I think we are in for a good ride this season. Don't forget, Jodi Jones will bang in a few goals aswell

italiahorse

I've searched everywhere for evidence against SISU, if OldSkyblue can't find any, no one has a chance, so people should of moved on.
JR2 is effecting any chance of progress 'off the field' particularly where we are playing.
In respect of 'on the field' Sisu will drop further into the background if we continue to rise.

Ashdown

Bare facts are that CCFC has done quite well financially over the last 3 months or so, play offs including final, extra merchandise sales at the end of 2018 season for Wembley, 6000 ST's plus a lot of match package tickets, Money from sale of McNulty and hefty sum for Maddison move, New shirt sales { A big move for Callum Wilson would help though } . We have brought in a bundle of players that will all add to the wage bill and there would have been agents fees and signing on fees etc but then also players have left the club to clear the wage bill. The club should really have a significant budget for this term if the manager can get his hands on it !!

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No one has said ignore the striker situation But sometimes things go against you in football
You've just got to cope with them. We had to do it last year when Jones was injured and we'll have to do it now McNultys gone.
And we don't know for sure that Robins isn't confident of landing someone before Saturday.
We don't know for sure that JCH and Biamou won't start banging them in.
People saying we we'll finish near the bottom because we haven't signed a striker with 5 days to go until the season starts are getting themselves unduly worked up.

I don't think they are getting unduly worked up. I think to say that indicates some are less concerned than others.

We are in a higher league with a considerably weaker strikeforce. I feel like people are too excited with the start of the season, and the promotion last year to think logically about this. Some are saying the fans are being negative to predict a bottom half finish, I would say that is pretty realistic. Frustrating as the rest of the squad is good enough to do much better than that.

lord_garrincha

If you believe to boo-boys, McNulty did practically eff all until after Xmas... so there is no need to worry about his sale.

The idea is for him to do the same at Reading, they lose faith and loan him to another club in a lower division... let's just say COVENTRY CITY... then we reap another 20+ goals from Jan onwards.

Planning.

clint van damme

I don't think they are getting unduly worked up. I think to say that indicates some are less concerned than others.

We are in a higher league with a considerably weaker strikeforce. I feel like people are too excited with the start of the season, and the promotion last year to think logically about this. Some are saying the fans are being negative to predict a bottom half finish, I would say that is pretty realistic. Frustrating as the rest of the squad is good enough to do much better than that.

I'm thinking totally logically and putting my faith in the man who got us promoted to get it right.
That doesn't mean he will get it right but as far as im concerned he's earned the trust I'm giving him.
Last year he stuck by both Mcnulty and Max amid a lot of criticism ( including from me) So let's give him time to get it right this time.
He's said he has the Mcnulty money so funds isn't the issue I think he's just waiting for the right man.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I'm thinking totally logically and putting my faith in the man who got us promoted to get it right.
That doesn't mean he will get it right but as far as im concerned he's earned the trust I'm giving him.
Last year he stuck by both Mcnulty and Max amid a lot of criticism ( including from me) So let's give him time to get it right this time.
He's said he has the Mcnulty money so funds isn't the issue I think he's just waiting for the right man.

Well we will see I guess. We'll know more once the window shuts, but I hope I am wrong about this.

clint van damme

Well we will see I guess. We'll know more once the window shuts, but I hope I am wrong about this.
Of course, and I'll be disappointed if we haven't got another striker in by then.
But if we haven't then there are only two conclusions you can draw, either Robins couldn't land anyone he thought suitable or he's lying about having the Mcnulty money.
I'd go with the former and trust his judgement.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Of course, and I'll be disappointed if we haven't got another striker in by then.
But if we haven't then there are only two conclusions you can draw, either Robins couldn't land anyone he thought suitable or he's lying about having the Mcnulty money.
I'd go with the former and trust his judgement.

I agree, I don't think it is SISU thing. Judging by MR's comments I suspect a slight bit of irritation with the scouting team.

Either way, it has felt very slow to me. Let's just hope they pull it off in time.

Magwitch

But the bottom line is as yet there is no visual sign of us spending any money on players other than doubling a few contracts, that is what supporters see. A workmate said to me the other day we sell our star player but struggle to sign a Portsmouth reserve, difficult to argue with that. Fans are very fickle these days but the walk up fan looking to dip his toe and see what’s on offer and is it worth a regular trip to the Ricoh might just not bother again

fernandopartridge

But the bottom line is as yet there is no visual sign of us spending any money on players other than doubling a few contracts, that is what supporters see. A workmate said to me the other day we sell our star player but struggle to sign a Portsmouth reserve, difficult to argue with that. Fans are very fickle these days but the walk up fan looking to dip his toe and see what’s on offer and is it worth a regular trip to the Ricoh might just not bother again

You change your mind like the wind, it was only a couple of weeks ago you said that you'd heard a player would be joining on a Monday.

Liquid Gold

We're offering bigger contracts and higher signing on bonuses to Charlton's number 1 target and landing him. If that isn't a sign of intent I don't know what is. Some people either still think we're in the premiership, watch too much sky sports or play too much fifa and think it's all about transfer fees. This level and the one below are all about offering good contracts to the best free agents (Fleck, McNulty, Clarke etc.). Yes the striker situation is a concern but Robins is obviously working on it and not just getting bodies in for the sake of it. It sounds like people would prefer to spend all the Maddison and McNulty money on transfer fees in one window on a gamble of going straight up and if we fail having to sell or release the entire squad and cut costs because we've spent the money that was intended to keep us going for a couple of years.

Nick

Administrator
We're offering bigger contracts and higher signing on bonuses to Charlton's number 1 target and landing him. If that isn't a sign of intent I don't know what is. Some people either still think we're in the premiership, watch too much sky sports or play too much fifa and think it's all about transfer fees. This level and the one below are all about offering good contracts to the best free agents (Fleck, McNulty, Clarke etc.). Yes the striker situation is a concern but Robins is obviously working on it and not just getting bodies in for the sake of it. It sounds like people would prefer to spend all the Maddison and McNulty money on transfer fees in one window on a gamble of going straight up and if we fail having to sell or release the entire squad and cut costs because we've spent the money that was intended to keep us going for a couple of years.

I have seen somebody moaning they just want some money to be spent and they don't care on who...

Gint11

A Portsmouth reserve who’s played 100 games at the age of 21 and scored 3-5 goals in pre season!

To be honest I’m not sure why Jackett is favouring Pitman TBH. Well I do, but maybe he should put faith in Chaplin.

Hobo

The positivity coming of Notts County and Exeter was great but I remember fans slagging us off saying we'd never do it after playing the first leg in the ricoh paddling pool and loads around me booing against Morecambe.

Shows how most of our fans are clueless knee jerk prima donnas.

Users who are viewing this thread