It's worse than you can inagine (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

As I say,I'm just passing on what I've heard...simple as that

Funny how a respected and professional managers goes round gossiping with fans and reporters "off the record". Don't believe a word of it. Same as I didn't believe he was off to Rotherham in the summer.

Brylowes

I think a lot of supporters forget, (or aren't old enough to remember), the reason we are where we are now, the reason we don't own our own ground and have been lumbered with SISU is because we used to spend money we didn't have like it was going out of fashion.
Haven't read the whole thread, but that has to be the biggest load of complete shite I have ever heard,

torchomatic

Haven't read the whole thread, but that has to be the biggest load of complete shite I have ever heard,

Why? There's a good case for it. We overspent massively in the late 90s, sold HR, had to rent it back and didn't have any money to finish and own the Ricoh. Three months after moving into the Ricoh the previous regime asked ACL for a rent renegotiation. That was declined and we were on the blink of administration. Enter SISU.

Liquid Gold

Exactly, we overspent on a gamble to reach European football and failed, when we were relegated to the championship we couldn't afford to finish the Ricoh. Council step in with the final bit of funding (a lot less than city put in if I remember) but on terms of being joint owners through a management company (ACL) that would be jointly owned by CCC and CCFC while also putting the rent deal in place. Before we move in we were desperately close to going bust and to raise instant funds we sold our share of ACL to Higgs meaning the club stayed alive but lost access to all revenue streams coming from the stadium, although we were given a buy back clause.

When again we were close to going bust there were a few interested buyers but council insisted on SISU as they stated their interest was to get CCFC into the premiership rather than buy the stadium. Ray Ranson spent a decent wedge while chairman, i remember at the time hearing we were over budget by quite a bit, but he wasted it on Coleman being an idiot. Ranson threw his toys out of the pram when he was told we'd have to be more intelligent with his budget and SISU were in a situation they didn't want to be in, they want Ranson as the football man and them to control the funds, they had no intention of actually running the club so directly.

We inevitably end up relegated because we had people so unprepared for running a football club (I think this is where SISU should have sold up, before we were relegated and still on terms with our landlords, they could have made some of their money back). When we get down to league one and are losing money everywhere they see the £1.2M rent plus other expenses as being prohibitive and try to renegotiate the deal, the council refused knowing they had a captive tenant (where else could we go...). Bad blood follows and we end up in the shit situation we're looking at now.

But instead of actually looking at the facts and analysing the situation some find it more comforting to say lets spend more than Sheffield Utd and get promoted.

Wheelfass

This might not be that far from the truth about the Juggy thing
My bro's good mates with one of the CWR reporters & he's been told the same thing himself by Mogga about things not being good at the club &,apparently,being lied to about the money he's got to spend by the board & is apparently really disillusioned about life at City.
According to this reporter friend,Mogga's been forced to sign players he doesn't even want & fears a relegation battle this season
(Just passing on what I've heard folks )
But the o.p. is about what Juggy said he had conversed with TM about and not what he'd heard through a third party. So get back onto CWR Juggy and tell everyone again what "exactly" was the conversation that you had with Tony Mowbray. Either it's the truth or it's BS. If it's the truth fair play for the reveal. If it's BS then perhaps you should keep a lower profile.

Super Graham Withey

Funny how a respected and professional managers goes round gossiping with fans and reporters "off the record". Don't believe a word of it. Same as I didn't believe he was off to Rotherham in the summer.
Don't dismiss out of hand what Juggy said yesterday. I don't know Juggy personally but have good reason to believe that TM could well have said what Is claimed.

SkyBlueRuffian

But the o.p. is about what Juggy said he had conversed with TM about and not what he'd heard through a third party. So get back onto CWR Juggy and tell everyone again what "exactly" was the conversation that you had with Tony Mowbray. Either it's the truth or it's BS. If it's the truth fair play for the reveal. If it's BS then perhaps you should keep a lower profile.
I have already posted what on this thread what Juggy said.

Brylowes

Why? There's a good case for it. We overspent massively in the late 90s, sold HR, had to rent it back and didn't have any money to finish and own the Ricoh. Three months after moving into the Ricoh the previous regime asked ACL for a rent renegotiation. That was declined and we were on the blink of administration. Enter SISU.
Anyone with a single ounce of common sense couldn't look at the complete mess this club is in,
And not point the finger at SISU

Brylowes

Read his post again... He said that was the reason we were lumbered with them and don't own our own ground.

It's that blind hatred again, it makes people not see things everybody else can.
Whatever went on before, who do you blame for us not owning the Ricoh?

Nick

Administrator
Whatever went on before, who do you blame for us not owning the Ricoh?
I'd say liquid gold makes some good points, past owners, council, higgs then sisu for going for the buy Eastwood for 1.2m approach rather than sort the ground out. They wouldn't be here if they wanted to sort the ground out from the off though. Then you have the council for completely removing any chance for potential buyers to take it, limiting the chance of us being bought out.

People forget about the silly numbers thrown around back in the day.

Let me guess though, 100% sisu for you?

singers_pore

council insisted on SISU as they stated their interest was to get CCFC into the premiership rather than buy the stadium.

Do you have any evidence on this or is it just supposition? I must admit that I always found it very odd that SISU didn't immediately exercise the club's option to purchase half of ACL after they bought the club. If it is true, then this would make the council even more of a guilty party than they already appear to be.

Wheelfass

I have already posted what on this thread what Juggy said.
And for the sake of total clarification I think it's only fair to anyone implicated in his broadcast that he stands up and repeats what he stated on CWR after the Swindon game as the truth or BS.

NorthernWisdom

Do you have any evidence on this or is it just supposition? I must admit that I always found it very odd that SISU didn't immediately exercise the club's option to purchase half of ACL after they bought the club. If it is true, then this would make the council even more of a guilty party than they already appear to be.

I'm afraid the council favouring SISU is a red herring. their offer was described as 'derisory' by Ken Taylor

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/sky-blues-face-bleak-future-3105889

Many other questions raised, mind.

Grendel

He's on Twitter and stands by what he said as gospel.

So what? He's an attention seeking clown who actually considers himself a celebrity as he appears on CWR as a double header with nasal Nigel

SBT

Not sure who the bigger bullshit artists in this thread are - the people who claim that TM told them all his secrets in some kind of pre-season truth or dare, or the people who apparently have an intimate knowledge of every player's contract details in the Football League.

torchomatic

Anyone with a single ounce of common sense couldn't look at the complete mess this club is in,
And not point the finger at SISU

Eh? I said, although you chose to ignore anything that doesn't say "fuck off sisu" that we ended up with SISU solely because of overspending in the past. The catalyst for all our problems now is Bryan Richardson and his fellow cronies on the board.

Nick

Administrator
looking at his twitter last night, he says he overheard TM say it and not that TM told the fans directly

sounds more plausable but TM dont strike me as that type of guy

He said Mowbray told him when he was on the radio, I am sure he did.

Now he is saying he overheard it.

Edit:

I've listened back to yesterday's phone in and this is what was said, word to word :

-" I spoke to TM at half-time of the first friendly match,
- I asked about what's going on behind the scenes,
- TM said, "however bad you think it is, it's worse than that, we are relying on goodwill, good-luck, other people's scraps and our contacts in the game"
- he's got Mark Venus on the board so he can keep his eyes on what's going on behind the scenes,
I asked him about Chris Anderson, he didn't say it in so many words but you could tell he weren't happy about him.
-this guy has not got 1 arm tied behind his back, he's got both hands behind his back
- i think if he goes we've had it "

Now it is:

It isn't from him, although he is being quoted from the Radio? Maybe it is down to the beer?

Last edited:

clint van damme

Why?
What lead to SISU taking over at the 11th hour just before we entered administration?
Why didn't we end up with the Rioch when we sold HR?

We were run poorly prior to their arrival and they've carried on the tradition.

covcity4life

if thats case hes changed his story because he clearly said ont witter last night that he overheard TM and his assistant talking. and that another fan heard it too.

weird one

Nick

Administrator
if thats case hes changed his story because he clearly said ont witter last night that he overheard TM and his assistant talking. and that another fan heard it too.

weird one

Yeah, on the radio pretty sure he said he spoke to TM, the other poster listened back and quoted it also.

Users who are viewing this thread