It's worse than you can inagine (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Still, people will lap it up and believe every word he says.

Dangerous stuff, has done nothing but make Mowbray look bad.

He plays to the audience, I questioned him about something once and the next day he was trying to round him some followers with crap like "so, interesting discussions with so and so saying x and y"

NorthernWisdom

tbf, the actual statement in itself isn't that controversial, is it?

Taking a position that mowbray *did* say something like that, all he's saying is that, expect a large budget...? Don't.

It's the presentation around that, that sensationalises.

Nick

Administrator
tbf, the actual statement in itself isn't that controversial, is it?

Taking a position that mowbray *did* say something like that, all he's saying is that, expect a large budget...? Don't.

It's the presentation around that, that sensationalises.

Even so, not very professional at all to tell a fan is it?

-" I spoke to TM at half-time of the first friendly match,
- I asked about what's going on behind the scenes,
- TM said, "however bad you think it is, it's worse than that, we are relying on goodwill, good-luck, other people's scraps and our contacts in the game"

Nick

Administrator
I don't think that, in itself, is particularly unprofessional.

He's saying we need to rely on favours and his contacts. Pretty sure he's said similar in interviews with the Telegraph etc.

It's a bit 'between these four walls'.

It was the whole "no matter how bad you think it is, it is worse" drastic stuff :)

chiefdave

looking at his twitter last night, he says he overheard TM say it and not that TM told the fans directly
Which raises the question who was TM talking to. Same thing would apply if it was another random fan. Anyone else you would expect that sort of conversation to happen somewhere it couldn't be overheard.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Would be very surprised if TM (even if overheard) actually said it in the way that it has been reported. Just do not see him being that open about what may or may not be going on behind the scenes with a supporter. More inclined to agree with the way NW sees what has gone on.

Reality is TM is using his goodwill with other clubs to bring in players as cheap as possible under a FL regime that has changed and a club in financial stress. Not really anything new as a story.

fernandopartridge

Would be very surprised if TM (even if overheard) actually said it in the way that it has been reported. Just do not see him being that open about what may or may not be going on behind the scenes with a supporter. More inclined to agree with the way NW sees what has gone on.

Reality is TM is using his goodwill with other clubs to bring in players as cheap as possible under a FL regime that has changed and a club in financial stress. Not really anything new as a story.

Indeed, if Cov fans were in positive mode it would be reported as "TM uses his contacts to get us better players than we might otherwise have"

torchomatic

Totally agree. As I said earlier in the thread, Mowbray is too professional for this. Juggy has "form" too for making stuff up.

valeskyblue

He plays to the audience, I questioned him about something once and the next day he was trying to round him some followers with crap like "so, interesting discussions with so and so saying x and y"
Lets hope we sign some decent players an shut him up

quinn1971

Even if Mowbray didn't say it to juggy we all know it's true, we've lost players we were chasing to league 2 clubs because we couldn't afford their wages, we are in the shit doesn't need Mowbray to confirm it

valeskyblue

Even if Mowbray didn't say it to juggy we all know it's true, we've lost players we were chasing to league 2 clubs because we couldn't afford their wages, we are in the shit doesn't need Mowbray to confirm it
what player did we lose to a league 2 team?

valeskyblue

If mowbray wanted baker he would be here simple as that. Baker is 33 after all, maybe all the failed mid 30s players we had last season has put him off. Now obviously he will score tommorow an we will lose but over the whole season I think it's the right decision

quinn1971

If mowbray wanted baker he would be here simple as that. Baker is 33 after all, maybe all the failed mid 30s players we had last season has put him off. Now obviously he will score tommorow an we will lose but over the whole season I think it's the right decision
Mowbray did want him but we couldn't match what Portsmouth could pay him, wer'e skint, why do you think wer'e signing players on 6 month contracts who play for MLS reserve teams, if your waiting for us to sign some decent players you've got a long wait,

valeskyblue

Mowbray did want him but we couldn't match what Portsmouth could pay him, wer'e skint, why do you think wer'e signing players on 6 month contracts who play for MLS reserve teams, if your waiting for us to sign some decent players you've got a long wait,
How do you know this? Is Carl a friend of yours

Grendel

Baker was whoring himself to league one clubs and no one was interested.

Stop making a c**t of yourself.

Captain Dart

Baker was whoring himself to league one clubs and no one was interested.

Stop making a c**t of yourself.

Are you worried someone else wants your job on this board?

chiefdave

Baker spoke to Mowbray about coming back, and what they offered him was shit, Portsmouth could pay him more, don't blame him, wer'e in the shit
MK Dons offered him a contract so they must be in the shit as well. Baker was practically begging to come back via the CT, if Mowbray wanted him he'd be here.

quinn1971

Don't question the regime. We're doin alright . Evrithing is under control . When I clap my hands you will wake and think we are in the top flight ,3 2 1

Your right, wer'e not in the shit everything's fine, some big signings coming in next week

Nick

Administrator
Oggy said to me once "Sorry big lad" when he walked into me in a petrol station not looking. He then went out to his jag and went on his way. I can't spin that :(

Users who are viewing this thread