January Transfer Window (3 Viewers)

Skyblue_CP

Maybe still hungover for the Maddison debacle, but still feel abit uneasy that these "Significant bids" might turn into "Too good to refuse" for one of Sheaf, Hamer, O'Hare or Vik before 11pm.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Maybe still hungover for the Maddison debacle, but still feel abit uneasy that these "Significant bids" might turn into "Too good to refuse" for one of Sheaf, Hamer, O'Hare or Vik before 11pm.

The way it keeps getting touted is making me a bit suspicious too.

I still think it is unlikely, however.

Happy_Martian

Don't we have another week or two for loan deals ? Or is it all ending on the one Sale day ?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Domingos Quina would be a nice pick up on loan, young portugeese AM at Watford soent time out on loan in the championship this season hut not had much of a chance, linked to Barnsley and higher uo clubs of which I cannot remember

Ccfcisparks

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Domingos Quina would be a nice pick up on loan, young portugeese AM at Watford soent time out on loan in the championship this season hut not had much of a chance, linked to Barnsley and higher uo clubs of which I cannot remember
he's going to Barnsley and already been mentioned loads in this thread

Brighton Sky Blue

We’re not getting anyone so will have to murder teams 0-1 until April

stay_up_skyblues

On the basis the budget is the budget and Joy wont cough up anything extra then the outgoing wages probably cover Bidwell’s salary and Callum’s pay rise. That’s assuming Bidwell is in the top 2 or 3 earners which he surely is.

It’s not a great look that many out and one in but it makes sense in pounds and pence. Frustrating though, one shrewd signing at AM might make the difference.

stay_up_skyblues

How can anyone be satisfied with SISU, seeing all the teams around us strengthen significantly in this window and we need to ship out 8 players to bring in a LB?

I agree and suspect most aren’t satisfied. But short of starting the vicious and counter productive chants at the ground, which would be criminal on the team, or the shit show of NOPM, there ain’t much we can do about it.

Liquid Gold

Probably and I don’t know the thinking but probably because we are at the agreed budget or over and there’s no magic money tree
Budget was set in May and since then we’ve sold a record number of season tickets and beaten our predicted attendances as well as selling any number of our thousand first team shirts and signing new sponsorship deals.

We don’t need a magic money tree, we need to be allowed to spend the money we generate.

What’s the sales pitch for a ST next year? Gotta buy one to support the interest payments because it isn’t going into the playing squad.

Before someone brings up Derby or Reading we’re not talking dropping a £20m transfer kitty. 1 loan to the end of the season in a position we’re crying out for help in would be something after moving on 6 players.

SSB

Probably and I don’t know the thinking but probably because we are at the agreed budget or over and there’s no magic money tree

They budgeted for record breaking ST sales and average league attendances that haven't been seen in nearly 14-15 years?

That's bold of them.

Users who are viewing this thread