Joe Cole thanks CCFC (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You and your fucking ridiculous stats, are you really going to keep flogging that dead horse??!! I think you will find it was villa that let him down and not him them. You really should join a forum that you know something about rather than just keep posting inane nonsense in which you, clearly, know nothing about!

I know those really annoying stats that show a massive decline nose we accommodated the premiership star.

Villa let him down? They paid him £240,000 per game he played for them didn't they?

Grendel

How did he let Villa down?

He was their equivalent to our Hendry and Sherwood. An expensive liability who could seemingly never get fit. Was he injured when he arrived here? I can see no evidence he was . Just not fit.

Chipfat

Joe Cole didn't harm our club or was why we suddenly fell out of form, he would of been the stand out pro around the training ground and would of shown more to the younger players than any other we have in the squad. He has played at the highest level and won things at the highest level, played international football and was one of the most gifted players on his generation in the country in his day.

For him to come to the club from where he has been is a credit to him, as for letting down Villa i can think of 24 others that have let the club down more over the last 10 months and took more money than him. Some even refused to play but wanted the 60,000 a week in the bank every week, so i don't understand fans knocking him, i dont think anyone can knock his desire to play the game. Also its not any players fault if they sign a contract that pays them x amount, its up to the club to get that player to maximize his ability every given week, not sit him at home and complain about the money paid to him.

lifeskyblue

Unfortunately the Cole signing didn't pay off as we had all hoped and believed it would. He had a few decent games especially when he dropped deep. We all knew he was here to get fit and back playing football and that's what he has done. Some say his words are platitudes and meaningless but I think they are heartfelt and meaningful. He has no real affinity with the club (unlike Wilson) and has only been with us for half a season. I think he has appreciated working with TM and the youngsters in the team. We have given him his football mojo back. His best days are behind him but if he came back in a semi coaching/motivational role I would be quite happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was their equivalent to our Hendry and Sherwood. An expensive liability who could seemingly never get fit. Was he injured when he arrived here? I can see no evidence he was . Just not fit.
He's had reoccurring hamstring injuries for the last two years meaning he had only played about 30 matches over the last 2-3 years, he wasn't good enough to get in the villa team anymore so never had the string of matches he needed to get his match fitness back until he dropped down to a lower level.

idm1975

I know those really annoying stats that show a massive decline nose we accommodated the premiership star.

Villa let him down? They paid him £240,000 per game he played for them didn't they?
What are these stats then? Seriously...read what i said about knowing what you are talking about.

Nick

Administrator
I think the issue with cole was trying to shoe horn him in for the sake of it.

No reason to play him on the wing, but as soon as he was put in the middle (where he didn't need to run as much also) he controlled games.

Hobo

He is professional so saying the right thing does not suprise me.

He was brought here to ignite our season and get us promotion.

He has been a failure. If anything he disrupted our season.

I wish him well as I have nothing against the bloke

Esoterica

He is professional so saying the right thing does not suprise me.

He was brought here to ignite our season and get us promotion.

He has been a failure. If anything he disrupted our season.

I wish him well as I have nothing against the bloke

Worst Haiku ever.

Hobo

Worst Haiku ever.

It is only the worst haiku if you think it is a haiku when it isn't. It has a fourth line and the syllable count is nowhere near. I have actually had haikus published. The Cole factor just didn't work.

theferret

It's very easy to make the point that our change in fortunes coincided with the arrival of Cole, but let's not pretend that it was the cause. You could argue that our fall from grace started the moment that Ryan Kent left (which it did actually), but I don't see too many people blaming it on that. There were so many factors - the earlier loss of Johnson then Turner, the loss of form of Vincelot, the fact Murphy and to a lesser extent Armstrong ran out of steam, the fact that Maddison never recaptured his early season form - all of this leading to a massive loss of confidence which ran throughout the side.

I don't think our season would have turned out any differently had Cole not come, and those who suggest it would are trying a little too hard.

As for the letter, nice touch. He didn't have t do it, and I'm not going to get all soppy about it, but good luck to him anyway.

Hobo

It's very easy to make the point that our change in fortunes coincided with the arrival of Cole, but let's not pretend that it was the cause. You could argue that our fall from grace started the moment that Ryan Kent left (which it did actually), but I don't see too many people blaming it on that. There were so many factors - the earlier loss of Johnson then Turner, the loss of form of Vincelot, the fact Murphy and to a lesser extent Armstrong ran out of steam, the fact that Maddison never recaptured his early season form - all of this leading to a massive loss of confidence which ran throughout the side.

I don't think our season would have turned out any differently had Cole not come, and those who suggest it would are trying a little too hard.

As for the letter, nice touch. He didn't have t do it, and I'm not going to get all soppy about it, but good luck to him anyway.

I agree with all of that, but Cole was brought in to have an impact and push us on to promotion. He didn't have that effect.

skybluegod

Can we even sign him in October? I thought there were no emergency loans next season? If his season finishes in October, surely we can't sign him?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Can we even sign him in October? I thought there were no emergency loans next season? If his season finishes in October, surely we can't sign him?
I wouldn't have thought so, maybe Cole and Mowbray haven't thought it through yet. Its possible there is some sort of loophole because he would be an international loan

Users who are viewing this thread