Jon Sharp - BPA (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Could you see SISU doing that at BPA?... Quick question.. Why do you think Dolphins owners would do that?
It would be cruel to feed dolphins crisps, even if they were sardine flavoured.

Sky Blue Kid

They can get storms and absolutely torrential downpours, so it may well have something to do with that.

Think only a few weeks ago they had to suspend a game due to stormy weather. Think the game stopped for about 45 mins.

I understand what you're saying Otis, I've been in Florida a few times in "Hurricane Season". I'm being a bit sarcastic really... It was a bit of a jibe at SISU really. Dolphins owners appreciate the crowds they get at Miami, and in return give them the team, Stadium, and even the very best halftime entertainment.

Astute

Of course I'd be interested to know. I'd love to know what went on from pretty much the point the Robbins family parted with the company. Thing is I'm not sure what good it does us now. We're talking about things that happened over a decade ago involving companies that no longer exist.
None of what I said was pointed at you.

I am like most on here. I would like to know what got us to where we are now. But we have a few that only want to question certain sides on every little bit of information but don't want to know anything from their favoured side.

If 18m was wasted on nothing....and the fire sale reduced our debt down to 30m after Richardson left we would only have been 12m in debt. Then the debt repaymentswouldn't have continued to cripple us.

Sky Blue Kid

Miami Dolphins have just put a roof on their stadium as part of a refurb which cost $425m

If by "Just put a roof on their stadium" means "A la Principality"... IT IS NOT..... The pitch will be open to the elements, it is only a covering around the ground to keep fans dry in rainy conditions.. Which is the "Norm" in this country at most Football Stadia. Also the "Refurb" incorporated all new seats, corporate boxes, lounges, etc, so a "Total refurb"(Depending on which figure you want to believe between $300m and $425m...... £225m and £306m)

Last edited:

chiefdave

If by "Just put a roof on their stadium" means "A la Principality"... IT IS NOT
No, I meant it didn't have a roof before, it does now.
bericarpio-20150903163842.jpg

r126271_576x324_16-9.jpg
Depending on which figure you want to believe between $300m and $425m....£75m to £116m.
Not sure where you exchange your dollars into pounds but I think you might want to go elsewhere if that is an indication of the exchange rate you get.

Sky Blue Kid

No, I meant it didn't have a roof before, it does now.
View attachment 5897

View attachment 5898

Not sure where you exchange your dollars into pounds but I think you might want to go elsewhere if that is an indication of the exchange rate you get.

I've already re-done the exchange rate... And you were talking as if it were a complete roof as in the Principality Stadium. Every poster on here will have thought the same as me!
BTW.. My figures were wrong and I admit that.. but you won't admit you were wrong about "The roof".

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Here you go Dave...
"A privately funded $350 million stadium renovation project began in January 2015. The project plan allows the stadium to be used for football games during the 2015 season, with completion planned for the 2016 football season.[13] Stadium upgrades include video boards in each corner of the stadium, additional suites, and an open-air canopy over the main seating areas.[14] As part of the renovation, the stadium's seating capacity will be reduced from 75,000 to 65,000 seats. Personal seat licenses will not be used, and a preview center opened at the stadium in February 2015 to help current and prospective season ticket holders select their ticket packages. Luxury packages will be used in place of PSL revenue to help finance the stadium. 32 four-seat pods will be located in the lower bowl at the south 30-yard lines, with an additional 16 pods at the south end zone.[15] The pods feature a living room arrangement, including premium furniture and television screens that show the NFL RedZone channel and NFL programming"[16]

smouch1975

Somehow I don't think you are very good at Maths. There are differences between average & peak crowds.

If you have a 15K stadium you'll average maybe 12K, which is poor in the Championship, to get an average of 15K you need a 20K stadium.
Maths! Over to the chess thread with you Sir

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Grendel

None of what I said was pointed at you.

I am like most on here. I would like to know what got us to where we are now. But we have a few that only want to question certain sides on every little bit of information but don't want to know anything from their favoured side.

If 18m was wasted on nothing....and the fire sale reduced our debt down to 30m after Richardson left we would only have been 12m in debt. Then the debt repaymentswouldn't have continued to cripple us.

I thought we spent £6.8 million and the rest was unpaid assigned debt to arena 2001?

Users who are viewing this thread