Josh Eccles (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Did really well today, still a little lightweight but saw enough to think he’ll be a tidy player at this level.

fatso

In a bizarre way I feel sorry for Kelly, he finally gets himself fit and back in full training, and eyeing a return to first team action, then Eccles comes in from the cold and puts in a barnstorming performance as a holding midfielder, and makes a claim for keeping the shirt. Kelly must feel like he's the unluckiest player at the club.
Talk about timing !

Sick Boy

In a bizarre way I feel sorry for Kelly, he finally gets himself fit and back in full training, and eyeing a return to first team action, then Eccles comes in from the cold and puts in a barnstorming performance as a holding midfielder, and makes a claim for keeping the shirt. Kelly must feel like he's the unluckiest player at the club.
Talk about timing !
I'm not convinced we'll see much more of Kelly.

fatso

I'm not convinced we'll see much more of Kelly.
Yea, I was thinking the same, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on at the end of the season or maybe in Jan.
He's been a very decent player for us, and played a major part in our return to the championship.

Sick Boy

Yea, I was thinking the same, I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on at the end of the season or maybe in Jan.
He's been a very decent player for us, and played a major part in our return to the championship.
Agree with that - I'd also imagine he's on a decent wage as captain, yearly wage increases, promotion wage increases etc.

Greggs

Vital we invest in him and give him game time. Himself and Sheaf look very confident together and compliment each other very well. No need to rip up trees playing there, just do the basics well and not get sent off every 2 weeks. Hamer has got some work to do, otherwise it's off to Shrewsbury rather than Barcelona for him.

Martin180

Already looks so composed at this level against two of the tougher teams to play against in Cardiff and Sheff Utd . Hopefully he will continue to improve and cement his place in the side

PVA

Was very good again in midfield. A few sloppy passes at RWB, but looking very comfortable in his natural position

JAM See

Should have brought Kane on instead of switching Eccles to RWB
That was my thought at the time, and when he hit a couple of wayward passes from RWB I feared the worst.

However we held on, and it's good to know we have a (potential) quality utility player in the squad.

slowpoke

Another good performance and potentially giving Mark Robins a bit of a headache along with Palmer with O’Hare soon to come back and Hamer, Sheaf too what’s going to be our best midfield

long way home

He is a good player playing well not a bad player having good games. Confidence is massive and he looks comfortable and is finding his feet at this level. I hope it carries on and gives MR selection problems, as a club we need it.

rexo87

Was very good again in midfield. A few sloppy passes at RWB, but looking very comfortable in his natural position
All our defenders kept doing that tonight. Kept playing hospital passes up to Vik and Godden with their backs to goal and with them pressing us really well it was never going to work

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

I disagree I think Eccles looks forwards far more than Sheaf , I think the 10 outlet is the problem currently
And the strikers. Was so frustrated with godden and Waghorn showing for feet and then as the ball was played running through in contrast with the sheff Utd strikers who showed for feet and got ahead of their strikers

fernandopartridge

All our defenders kept doing that tonight. Kept playing hospital passes up to Vik and Godden with their backs to goal and with them pressing us really well it was never going to work

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
If we don't try that we won't make any progress at all, prefer them to do that to the predictable exchange of passes with the wing back

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

He had a decent game when in midfield…calm and assured even though a little negative at times. When put to right wing back he lost poise; panicked on the ball and made poor passing decisions. He also made a couple of forward runs but when got the ball immediately turned back rather than look to get ball in the box. He is young and clearly still learning his trade and i think the coaching staff will be thrilled with his progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larry_david

Thought he did well again. Not as good as Saturday but he looked like a prime Fabregas on the ball compared to Sheaf who when presented with the worst pass available, made it every time.

Disclaimer, I like Sheaf and he was good last night in everything except on the ball.

vow

Eccles is a really good player, the over reaction to a couple of poor performances out of position was.........typical
True CVD, but it should also apply to him having a couple of good games and not over-reacting too.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thought he did well again. Not as good as Saturday but he looked like a prime Fabregas on the ball compared to Sheaf who when presented with the worst pass available, made it every time.

Disclaimer, I like Sheaf and he was good last night in everything except on the ball.

He is getting worse on the ball but better at regaining possession. His booking was ridiculously harsh

CCFC54321

I hope he doesn’t play wing back again. Thought Kane should of come on to cover that position. Did ok in midfield but scatter gun on the right side.

Still feel he plays within himself.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I am concerned about the prospect of him and sheaf together all the time , way way too negative together
If we had a box formation I think it wouldn't be too bad. O'Hare and Palmer or Hamer would give us that attacking impetus.

Reactions: PVA

Users who are viewing this thread