JR verdict (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

You don't have an open mind then?

If you open your mind too far, your brain falls out.

The thing is RFC, your trust quotient is low. You claim an awful lot and deliver very little. Why do you have loyalty to one party in this but not to the fans? Why do you believe you have the right to hide information if you have it? Do you not want all fans to feel how you do? Are you more interested in personal glory than the best for the fans of CCFC?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Grendel

The OP and his silly assertion about the cup final will come back to haunt him.

I'm pretty confident this will all end very badly. Sisu will probably lose but will expose some very poor practices by the council and ACL. This will make them unapproachable to future owners. This is the real issue. The council don't view the club as a significant asset to the city and I'm afraid that investors will look elsewhere. On that scenario we shiit down and we are liquidated and homeless.

If sisu win so what? The council will entrench further - there will be a couple of casualties but the club will not get back home.

Its lose lose all the way.

No one seems to get it.

RFC

You beleive whatever you want too, why should I deliver anything to a group so biased it's laughable.

If your club no longer exists, you'll then definitely have something to moan or complain about, won't you?

Personally I don't want that situation to arise. PUSB!

torchomatic

We will have an even better weekend when SISU lose the JR! :)
I will piss myself laughing when they lose the JR.
It will be even funnier if they have to pay the costs.

Serves them right for taking a football club away from its City and community.

Karma will be sweet. :)

You see I have a different attitude to you and most others. I don't care who wins as long as we come back to the Ricoh.

If SISU losing means we won't be coming home then I won't "piss myself laughing".

Still as long as CCC win, eh?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hobo

Is there anyone on here who has
a) read all the publicly available information that will be discussed in court, and
b) a reasonable legal background

If so, please can you tell us all who is the likely winner of the JR?

It would break my heart to see SISU win.

A council win would be the biggest moment for this club since 1987, but would be soured if SISU appeal / and or start a new set of legal proceedings /and or don't bring the club home from Northampton immediately.

No fan will have access to relevant documents pre hearing.

Most fans haven't grasped what the hearing is about.

The thread on directional hearing a few days ago proved the point.

Previous threads on previous court cases show fans cannot differentiate between evidence; speculation and red herrings (not a criticism understandable).

You obviously have no experience of courts or you wouldn't be asking "predict a likely winner". ;-)

shmmeee

The OP and his silly assertion about the cup final will come back to haunt him.

I'm pretty confident this will all end very badly. Sisu will probably lose but will expose some very poor practices by the council and ACL. This will make them unapproachable to future owners. This is the real issue. The council don't view the club as a significant asset to the city and I'm afraid that investors will look elsewhere. On that scenario we shiit down and we are liquidated and homeless.

If sisu win so what? The council will entrench further - there will be a couple of casualties but the club will not get back home.

Its lose lose all the way.

No one seems to get it.

That's crap and you know it. You may have a point with the rest, but that's just crazy talk.

blueflint

No winners whatever the outcome, only losers. (except the lawyers of course!).

The clubs supporters mainly but the most guilty party?

I could say more but far too many disbelievers on here!

just for once tell what u know don't hold it back it makes you look stupid

Grendel

That's crap and you know it. You may have a point with the rest, but that's just crazy talk.

Go away study how councils in Nottingham, Swansea, hull and Ipswich have jumped through hoops for the football clubs and then justify the statement.

This isn't winding up - its serious. Do the research. Also talk to some ex directors of the club about the council and its maintains regarding the club.

blueflint

You beleive whatever you want too, why should I deliver anything to a group so biased it's laughable.

If your club no longer exists, you'll then definitely have something to moan or complain about, won't you?

at the moment my club doesn't exist its in northampton my club is COVENTRY CITY

chiefdave

First and foremost I hope for a result that is in some way beneficial to us as a club, draws a line under everything and allows us to move on as frankly I'm sick to death of the whole thing and just want to watch some bloody football and pick a player we're all going to whinge about this season.

Ideally I'd like a verdict that is clear, if SISU are in the right they should win, if CCC are in the right they should win. What I don't want is one side winning on some sort of technicality as there will just be more never ending arguments. A clear victory for whichever side is right and then move on, pretty quickly, from there and hopefully get us back to the Ricoh.

My worry is whoever wins we end up no further forward. If SISU win then it will most likely need further court action for them to see any benefit from the victory. If CCC win are SISU going to come back cap in hand seeking the best deal possible to come back to the Ricoh? Would CCC offer them a worse deal than those currently on the table, or even tell them it's the original deal or nothing, if they are proved to be in the right?

Just get it over with and get us back to the Ricoh one way or another.

Chez78

There is no bias, I'm quite sure the council/ACL have done some less than honourable things that have genuinely harmed the club. I think it's disgusting that after the club threw a load of money at clearing a derelict site of contaminated ground that was otherwise going to lie there and continue to an eyesore that the council portray themselves as the people who saved the club when we ran out of money. I think them pocketing the money from tesco and all the other companies whilst over charging us when we were on our knees needs and explanation and is also wrong, but it still won't change my mind and I'm sure plenty of others who are staying away that SISU taking the club out of Coventry is wrong.

But as no one from the club is prepared to engage with the fans as to why they genuinely have no choice why don't you explain what you have been assured and just why it has changed your mind so much, cause if I'm honest I'm from the camp that actually thinks we need to own the ground and had they decided to build a new ground whilst we were still playing at the Ricoh would have still followed and followed to the new ground.

Now though and again I'm sure I'm not alone by the time they return I will have replaced going to the footy with something else and won't bother returning even if they do return to a ground "in the Coventry area"

Steve.B50

a) read all the publicly available information that will be discussed in court, and

A council win would be the biggest moment for this club since 1987, but would be soured if SISU appeal / and or start a new set of legal proceedings /and or don't bring the club home from Northampton immediately.

No expert and to some degree am fed up with the whole mess, but I do not think the JR will change anything, just one side will win and the other will appeal.
Best thing would be for an out of court agreement.

Grendel

No expert and to some degree am fed up with the whole mess, but I do not think the JR will change anything, just one side will win and the other will appeal.
Best thing would be for an out of court agreement.

Appeals are hard work in judicial reviews. It won't change anything though whoever wins.

Steve.B50

Appeals are hard work in judicial reviews. It won't change anything though whoever wins.

This is a first, we agree.

Kingokings204

So in answer to the OP, nobody has the faintest idea who is likeliest to win!

No I think it's majority agree ccc will win but it's debated whether an out of court settlement might happen or the 5% chance sisu win.

As for what that means if and when ccc win then no one is sure. Ideas spouted are liquidation, sell up or eat humble pie (least likely).

spider_ricoh

No I think it's majority agree ccc will win but it's debated whether an out of court settlement might happen or the 5% chance sisu win.

As for what that means if and when ccc win then no one is sure. Ideas spouted are liquidation, sell up or eat humble pie (least likely).

Hhhmm, not sure about that. When I met Mark Labovitch he seemed confident of victory. He has apparently promised to streak naked down the M40 to London and back if CCC win, so unlikely does he consider that outcome.

RFC

at the moment my club doesn't exist its in northampton my club is COVENTRY CITY

My club does exist but just happens to be playing in Northampton because there was no other choice!

The Ricoh was not an option on the terms that existed (ask Labour MP Geoffrey Robinson & Former Chairman), playing there was a 'sham' that was never ever the Sky Blues HOME.

Look it up, even Mark Robins could see it, amongst many, many others.

Chairman, Directors & Chief Executives and supporters who understand both business and FIFA Fair Play.

L

limoncello

My club does exist but just happens to be playing in Northampton because there was no other choice!

The Ricoh was not an option on the terms that existed (ask Labour MP Geoffrey Robinson & Former Chairman), playing there was a 'sham' that was never ever the Sky Blues HOME.

Chairman, Directors & Chief Executives and supporters who understand both business and FIFA Fair Play.

Robins, probably not an idiot, could have got away with his treacherous behaviour if he'd said something like 'I just couldn't work under the conditions Sisu imposed on me'. Fans would buy into that sort of thing. Instead, he said something along the lines of 'the council really need to help the club'. Very strange.

Chez78

Again!!! Explain how we had no choice, explain how Mark Robins thinks that even though since he left the club he has made no such statement about the going ons.

Plenty of people on here understand business perfectly well and despite what people like yourself and more than likely the club think we are not all knuckle dragging idiots. People aren't staying away for just one reason it's a combined assault of absolute uselessness by Sisu and all the previous owners yet despite people staying away in huge numbers still the owners carry on down their chosen road thinking everyone else is wrong they'll all be back.

Answer me a couple of questions RFC do you think people will come flooding back if Sisu win??

Do you think our future is better with Sisu in charge?

Do you think if we build a new ground we will be better off in the next 5yrs, 10yrs, 20, 100yrs????

Ps I actually do agree we need to own our ground or at least 52%

Let's see if you can actually answer a question rather the usual side step

Kingokings204

Hhhmm, not sure about that. When I met Mark Labovitch he seemed confident of victory. He has apparently promised to streak naked down the M40 to London and back if CCC win, so unlikely does he consider that outcome.

Let's hope sisu win then.

Seriously though of course he is confident. He isn't going to come out and tell you or the press "actually guys I'm shitting this one" that wouldn't happen.

Looking at Wednesdays pre match it doesn't look good for sisu and from their actions on Wednesday of trying this that and the other they don't appear confident also. Joy turning up is a big give away for me.

As for the Mark Robbins thing... I did notice at the time he requested "help from the council" and I for one blame the council for some of this who saga for sure like most do but Robbins again is or was paid by sisu. He is going to come out and defend his employers ffs. He isn't going to say "yeah TF and JS and piss arsing around so come on get a move on" is he?

L

limoncello

As for the Mark Robbins thing... I did notice at the time he requested "help from the council" and I for one blame the council for some of this who saga for sure like most do but Robbins again is or was paid by sisu. He is going to come out and defend his employers ffs. He isn't going to say "yeah TF and JS and piss arsing around so come on get a move on" is he?

Why not? He's left his job, knows the fans think he's sneaky as fuck, why the hell would he blame the council? Easy option is 'Fisher/Waggott complete cunts, my position untenable' etc. Does not compute.

Kingokings204

Why not? He's left his job, knows the fans think he's sneaky as fuck, why the hell would he blame the council? Easy option is 'Fisher/Waggott complete cunts, my position untenable' etc. Does not compute.

Yes fair point but my response back would be while he has done one to Huddersfield that immediately he doesn't care and why would he. No difference who's fault it is to him now is it so why get involved?

L

limoncello

Yes fair point but my response back would be while he has done one to Huddersfield that immediately he doesn't care and why would he. No difference who's fault it is to him now is it so why get involved?

We could go round and round with this one but if he doesn't care then surely he wouldn't moan about any of the parties involved? Might be me reading too much into it but it always struck me as telling that he focused on the council. YMMV.

Kingokings204

We could go round and round with this one but if he doesn't care then surely he wouldn't moan about any of the parties involved? Might be me reading too much into it but it always struck me as telling that he focused on the council. YMMV.

Yes I wouldn't be so arrogant to say im right as obviously I don't know mark robins just his comments. We could go round and round. Maybe there was something in it or maybe not.

I guess the truth lies somewhere in the middle as it so often does when you hear two stories of the same event.

letsallsingtogether

Well at the meetings with ML and TF they were very confident that they would win.

But then they go to court asking for more paperwork so maybe not as Black and White as they like to make out.

I for one hope they lose then fuck off and we can start again.

Sorry don't care who is to blame, Sisu cannot be forgiven for taking our club away then saying "we know how you feel" WELL THEY FUCKING WELL DON'T!!!

Patronising treating us like pawns in their game dividing and undermining already dwindling fan base.

Astute

Whatever happened to pwkh?

He started to get abuse from a few on here. I even said to him on here that it would be best to stay away with everything that is going on and then getting abuse each time he tried to let us know the latest news.

Leave you to work out where the abuse came from :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread