JR verdict (1 Viewer)

Astute

There is no bias, I'm quite sure the council/ACL have done some less than honourable things that have genuinely harmed the club. I think it's disgusting that after the club threw a load of money at clearing a derelict site of contaminated ground that was otherwise going to lie there and continue to an eyesore that the council portray themselves as the people who saved the club when we ran out of money. I think them pocketing the money from tesco and all the other companies whilst over charging us when we were on our knees needs and explanation and is also wrong, but it still won't change my mind and I'm sure plenty of others who are staying away that SISU taking the club out of Coventry is wrong.

But as no one from the club is prepared to engage with the fans as to why they genuinely have no choice why don't you explain what you have been assured and just why it has changed your mind so much, cause if I'm honest I'm from the camp that actually thinks we need to own the ground and had they decided to build a new ground whilst we were still playing at the Ricoh would have still followed and followed to the new ground.

Now though and again I'm sure I'm not alone by the time they return I will have replaced going to the footy with something else and won't bother returning even if they do return to a ground "in the Coventry area"

Sorry but you are wrong on that point. Most people on here know it to be false now. We had a thread where some on here wwere saying the same thing and I got called lots of select names for saying they were wrong.

http://moderngov.coventry.gov.uk/Da...08 - Arena Construction Completion Report.pdf Go to page 16. You will see the costs. CCFC paid a total of £1,758,000 towards the cost. For this they got a 50% share of ACL. Tescos paid £42,420,000 in cash and paid the 17m cost of decontaminating the land. So they paid just under 60m altogether. CCC paid just over 24m for the land. So the land and decontamination came to just over 40m alone.

You might also notice that the freehold value is in there as well. It states that the market value in 2006 as 0.6m, but gradually goes up and the value is 'substantial' as the lease runs out. But that value is for the building. It isn't for the land.

The total build cost was £115,729,000. Total CCFC cost was £1,758,000. So our club paid about 1.5% of the cost and got a 50% share in ACL. And most of the value is in the ACL lease. Our club did well from the deal......until they sold their share :mad:

skybluetony176

Why not? He's left his job, knows the fans think he's sneaky as fuck, why the hell would he blame the council? Easy option is 'Fisher/Waggott complete cunts, my position untenable' etc. Does not compute.

Do you have a link to him making this statement? A press report or something, I can't say I remember him saying this. I'd be interested to read it and recap my memory on this.

torchomatic

He started to get abuse from a few on here. I even said to him on here that it would be best to stay away with everything that is going on and then getting abuse each time he tried to let us know the latest news.

Leave you to work out where the abuse came from :mad:

Is that why Linnell stayed away too?

What abuse did he get? Don't remember that. I thought everyone was very respectful.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Astute

Is that why Linnell stayed away too?

What abuse did he get? Don't remember that. I thought everyone was very respectable.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ask Grendel. See if he can remember.

shy_tall_knight

I know the whole site is huge from the shops to the ground to the car park over the road but a total cost of £41m for this £24 to buy & £17m to decontaminate, British Gas did very well out of this also

torchomatic

Why don't you just tell me or point me in the direction of said abuse? Did you agree with the abuse SL got?

Ask Grendel. See if he can remember.

Astute

All sides did well out of it. Tescos got a massive plot of land in a prime location for 60m. BG got 24m for contaminated land that had just sat there for years. Local residents got rid of an eyesore. Lots of jobs were created. CCFC got 50% of ACL for less than 1.8m. If only they never sold it for 6.5m or it had been bought back.

torchomatic

Well, it's patently obvious that for whatever reason -albeit the clubs own financial state - that "all sides" certainly didn't do well out of it. You could always enlighten on how well the club we support did out of it? And no, I don't care about ACL or CCC or Higgs particularly, I'm on about our club.

All sides did well out of it. Tescos got a massive plot of land in a prime location for 60m. BG got 24m for contaminated land that had just sat there for years. Local residents got rid of an eyesore. Lots of jobs were created. CCFC got 50% of ACL for less than 1.8m. If only they never sold it for 6.5m or it had been bought back.

Astute

Why don't you just tell me or point me in the direction of said abuse? Did you agree with the abuse SL got?

Yes he did. Are you saying I agreed with the abuse? Are you saying I gave any abuse?

PWKH got abuse on more than one thread. Why don't you take a look. Won't be hard to find.

Astute

Well, it's patently obvious that for whatever reason -albeit the clubs own financial state - that "all sides" certainly didn't do well out of it. You could always enlighten on how well the club we support did out of it? And no, I don't care about ACL or CCC or Higgs particularly, I'm on about our club.

Our club was homeless as HR had been sold. Didn't have the money to purchase it back. Just had silly plans and no money to pay for them. And for less than 1.8m they were given a 50% share in ACL. If CCC hadn't stepped in they would have been left with nothing. It isn't the fault of CCC that CCFC sold their share. It isn't the fault of CCC that SISU won't buy the share back for less than the 6.5m it was sold for.

torchomatic

Thanks, I will.

Yes he did. Are you saying I agreed with the abuse? Are you saying I gave any abuse?

PWKH got abuse on more than one thread. Why don't you take a look. Won't be hard to find.

Grendel

What do you define as abuse? Are you saying he should get a free run on here and not be asked questions? You may go all dewy eyed and weak kneed every time he posts I don't.

I think he's more than capable of handling himself anyway - so I don't think his taking your advice. Linnell was told to fuck off I seem to recall - so show the "abuse" then.

torchomatic

Ah, you still circle round everything. Don't worry, I won't ask you again. I think I know where your sympathies lie.

Our club was homeless as HR had been sold. Didn't have the money to purchase it back. Just had silly plans and no money to pay for them. And for less than 1.8m they were given a 50% share in ACL. If CCC hadn't stepped in they would have been left with nothing. It isn't the fault of CCC that CCFC sold their share. It isn't the fault of CCC that SISU won't buy the share back for less than the 6.5m it was sold for.

torchomatic

Basically, people were F'ing and blindling and being "really" abusive to SL, which was out of order. PWKH shouldn't have received abuse, none of the major players who come on here should. However, for a lot of people, not doffing your cap to PWKH is a classed as a term of abuse. I think I'll spend a bit of time today looking back as Astute says at "abuse" given to both SL and PWKH and see which is the worse. Then we can spend a little time discussing it like adults.

What do you define as abuse? Are you saying he should get a free run on here and not be asked questions? You may go all dewy eyed and weak kneed every time he posts I don't.

I think he's more than capable of handling himself anyway - so I don't think his taking your advice. Linnell was told to fuck off I seem to recall - so show the "abuse" then.

Astute

You do many posts that are abuse but see it as normal. It doesn't matter how you see it. Abuse is abuse. Do you think it was OK to say what you want as someone else was given abuse. It was wrong for both of them to get it. But as usual you only think it was bad for one of them and not the other.

Grendel

You do many posts that are abuse but see it as normal. It doesn't matter how you see it. Abuse is abuse. Do you think it was OK to say what you want as someone else was given abuse. It was wrong for both of them to get it. But as usual you only think it was bad for one of them and not the other.

I deny any accusation I have made any abusive posts to him. Provide a link to a thread showing the abuse.

Astute

Basically, people were F'ing and blindling and being "really" abusive to SL, which was out of order. PWKH shouldn't have received abuse, none of the major players who come on here should. However, for a lot of people, not doffing your cap to PWKH is a classed as a term of abuse. I think I'll spend a bit of time today looking back as Astute says at "abuse" given to both SL and PWKH and see which is the worse. Then we can spend a little time discussing it like adults.

Who said if one was worse than the other? Both to me are bad. What chance do we have if someone comes on here to let us know things we don't know which would help us to understand just for them to get abuse and not feel welcome?

This isn't about point scoring. It is about idiotic posting. But some seem to get a kick out of it.

James Smith

Well we'd have gone bust possibly without the cash back then. Now with 20:20 hindsight that doesn't seem so bad but back then the thought of it was abhorent.

Astute

I deny any accusation I have made any abusive posts to him. Provide a link to a thread showing the abuse.

I suppose you would. But you don't see as you are abusing people normally when you are.

Grendel

I suppose you would. But you don't see as you are abusing people normally when you are.

Well can you please provide a link to the abuse please.

Grendel

Who said if one was worse than the other? Both to me are bad. What chance do we have if someone comes on here to let us know things we don't know which would help us to understand just for them to get abuse and not feel welcome?

This isn't about point scoring. It is about idiotic posting. But some seem to get a kick out of it.

You are hilarious. Feel welcome? The red carpet is rolled out on here every time he turns up. Tell us things we don't know? Are you saying he is Independant?

What if Tim Fisher or ML posted on here. Would they be made to feel welcome?

torchomatic

Yes, abuse is abuse. You're spot on. Yet, how many times has Spion slagged fans off, and had it "liked"? Just because he doesn't swear it doesn't make it less offensive to people. Now me, sometimes I do lose it and say stuff I shouldn't, I'll admit that and I've apologised for it. The problem is a lot of people - and you seem to be joining that bunch - differentiate the abuse and "excuse" it if it's against the "other side".

Fisher getting attacked in a pub is a perfect example. What would have happened if that had been PWKH? Or what if Fisher had tied a balloon to PWKHs car? What would the attitude have been in here? We're a bunch of hypocrites - and I include myself there.

PWKH gets "abused" and it's outrageous
SL gets "abuse" and well, he is a SISU puppet so deserves it.

For me, neither should get abuse. They should be questioned and pushed hard to answer if necessary, but not abused.

I think we all need to be careful what we "like" on here as that is condoning certain attitudes, isn't it?

Last edited:

torchomatic

OK, so let's say Fisher or ML came on here....

Grendel

OK, so let's say Fisher or ML came on here....

The abuse would be a million times worse but in context.

Anyway I didn't abuse him - I dared to start a thread questioning if his media comments were constructive. Oh and I called him Peter a lot.

torchomatic

And I'm sure PWKHs lawyers are just as "red hot" as SISUs.

Grendel

And I'm sure PWKHs lawyers are just as "red hot" as SISUs.

Oh I am sure they are ;)

Astute's comment he should be made to feel welcome and he is telling us things we don't know is just incredible - unbelievable.

Still I am sure that we can all wait to see Astute's link to the personal abuse I have him.

Astute

Oh I am sure they are ;)

Astute's comment he should be made to feel welcome and he is telling us things we don't know is just incredible - unbelievable.

Still I am sure that we can all wait to see Astute's link to the personal abuse I have him.

If I had said it about anyone else I would be searching now. But as you don't reply to questions after making stupid posts quite frequently I am not going to bother. Just like you don't.

And the rest of this post you have done is full of nonsense as usual.

Moff

Astute, whilst I totally condone abuse to people like PWKH and Linnell, who come on the site with an insight on what is going on behind the scenes, lets not kid ourselves that it isn't going to happen.

Its a football forum, anyone can join, the internet is full of keyboard warriors and trolls, and I am sure PWKH and Linnell were aware of that, and so were aware it was a potential hazard.

If they feel they dont want to receive anymore then I for one am sad they will not return as I respected their posts whether I agreed or not, but they are intelligent men and knew that the rsik of absue, as sad as it is, was there.

Grendel

If I had said it about anyone else I would be searching now. But as you don't reply to questions after making stupid posts quite frequently I am not going to bother. Just like you don't.

And the rest of this post you have done is full of nonsense as usual.

I always answer questions. Ask me a question and I will will answer it.

Then you find the posts which I have abused PWKH.

Or admit you lied which you did.

Grendel

Astute, whilst I totally condone abuse to people like PWKH and Linnell, who come on the site with an insight on what is going on behind the scenes, lets not kid ourselves that it isn't going to happen.

Its a football forum, anyone can join, the internet is full of keyboard warriors and trolls, and I am sure PWKH and Linnell were aware of that, and so were aware it was a potential hazard.

If they feel they dont want to receive anymore then I for one am sad they will not return as I respected their posts whether I agreed or not, but they are intelligent men and knew that the rsik of absue, as sad as it is, was there.

There was no abuse to PWKH though.

Astute just made that bit up.

Moff

There was no abuse to PWKH though.

Astute just made that bit up.

No to be fair, in amongst the many posts high fiving him for tying a balloon to Fishers car, I think one or two of us may have stated it wasnt going to save the club.

Whether that's abuse or not is open to question.

blueflint

Oh I am sure they are ;)

any one who posts on here should be made welcome and abuse is the lowest form of criticism possible you should know you do it often enough

torchomatic

So, you thought the same and said so at the time when Linnell was getting it?

any one who posts on here should be made welcome and abuse is the lowest form of criticism possible you should know you do it often enough

Spionkop

Once again and again and again, Torchomatic and any others who go to Sixfields.
I'm expressing my opinion.
I think fans who attend Sixfields are betraying their club.
It's an honest view. I stand by it.
Where's the abuse?
There isn't any.
Or am I not allowed an opinion?
You express yours, you express your views.
It's just - you don't like it - so go into a 'smear' mode. Or worse.

Grendel

Really? So you report posts with abide do you? To fisher, seppella, ML? Do you really?

Users who are viewing this thread