Juggy. (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

I know that he has taken a lot of criticism recently but I always look forward to hearing his after match thoughts (away games only) as I think that he makes a lot of sense. Would be interested in hearing anyone else's views.

Otis

What's been said?
Juggy said that Mowbray said something to Venus, that was then told to Clapham, who then in turn told Oggy and Oggy then said 'What?' And it all went back up the Chinese Whisper chain again and Juggy got to hear half a word of the 13 word sentence on the way back.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He essentially said on the radio that you can't blame the manager and that it's the hand he's been given from the owners.

What Mowbray said to him is irrelevant anyway I think. We know his budget isn't the best, personally I just don't think he is using it/has used it wisely enough.

Nick

Administrator
He essentially said on the radio that you can't blame the manager and that it's the hand he's been given from the owners.

What Mowbray said to him is irrelevant anyway I think. We know his budget isn't the best, personally I just don't think he is using it/has used it wisely enough.
so it's the same as every other league one manager then? Bar a Couple.

You can blame the manager and if it's the managers fault.

Bob Latchford

I know that he has taken a lot of criticism recently but I always look forward to hearing his after match thoughts (away games only) as I think that he makes a lot of sense. Would be interested in hearing anyone else's views.
Agreed .

RFC

The 'Leamington Boot Boy' always makes a lot of sense, even though I don't always agree with him. Didn't go today so can't comment on the game but he sounded very upbeat!

dongonzalos

so it's the same as every other league one manager then? Bar a Couple.

You can blame the manager and if it's the managers fault.

I think Mowbray is a "do as it says on the tin" kind of manager.

If we can't give him a top six budget then I am not sure if he will give us a top six finish. A lot will come down to luck like last season missed it by four points.
However I think there are very few managers out there who achieve significantly above their budget.
I just think if this is the level of budget we will give our mangers from now on.
Then TM needs to be given a few more seasons to sign people like Turnball, Jones, Reid. Rose, possibly Sordell.
Then more like that next season to the tipping point where we have more permanent players capable of getting us into the play offs than loanees.

Last edited:

Deity

I don't blame Juggy for his growing ego. It's also not the BBC's fault they keep putting him on, it's a sign of how few calls they receive.

Personally I think he shows no more than moderate insight into matches.

Bob Latchford

I don't blame Juggy for his growing ego. It's also not the BBC's fault they keep putting him on, it's a sign of how few calls they receive.

Ego of what ? lol I recall Smiles saying about ego re gmk look how that turned out . a few phone calls to the local poxy station wow , being a wummer on your own forum wow . cringe.

fernandopartridge

How do you know he makes sense if you've not been at the match you complete drip?

Grendel

I think Mowbray is a "do as it says on the tin" kind of manager.

If we can't give him a top six budget then I am not sure if he will give us a top six finish. A lot will come down to luck like last season missed it by four points.
However I think there are very few managers out there who achieve significantly above their budget.
I just think if this is the level of budget we will give our mangers from now on.
Then TM needs to be given a few more seasons to sign people like Turnball, Jones, Reid. Rose, possibly Sordell.
Then more like that next season to the tipping point where we have more permanent players capable of getting us into the play offs than loanees.

If Mowbray isn't capable of achieving above budget he is by your own admission mediocre at best and should be sacked given we also have clapham Venus etc. on the payroll. I highly doubt Burton were a top budget team last season.

Paxman II

Disappointment today but far too early to be making judgements. Just look at Sheff Utd how would you feel then? I think TM will get what he's after and we will be up there.

Sky Blue Harry H

Juggy travels everywhere and is entitled to an opinion on what he's seen (and at least he HAS seen the game. FWIW, I agree with the earlier poster who says judge TM by the end of September re: the team he has assembled. A bit on the back foot with Stokes, and possibly Rose and Jones injured early doors (as I think all3 would play a big part this season). Fingers crossed

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I agree, Geoff Foster phoned me once from CWR and asked me to phone in , as no one was phoning in on the Friday night Sky Blues phone in . :jawdrop:

Brylowes

If Mowbray isn't capable of achieving above budget he is by your own admission mediocre at best and should be sacked given we also have clapham Venus etc. on the payroll. I highly doubt Burton were a top budget team last season.
Burton didn't need a big budget, they had a settled team meaning they only needed to
Add a few players , they also had momentum from the previous seasons promotion.

clint van damme

Burton didn't need a big budget, they had a settled team meaning they only needed to
Add a few players , they also had momentum from the previous seasons promotion.
I thought that, but just had a look, they bought 12 players in between July and August as well as 5 loans, however only 8 players left the club with 2 loaned out.

Nick

Administrator
If somebody has been to a game I'm always interested to read their views on the football.

It doesn't mean I should believe everything they say about everything else though.

JimmyHillsbeard

Prefer him to Nigel but hate the "in the know" gnomic comments lots of our fans fall into whenever they're given airtime or space on a messageboard.

After the Swindon game Juggy went full Colombo and reported something that Mowbray had apparently told him at a preseason friendly as as broadcastable fact.

Nick

Administrator
Prefer him to Nigel but hate the "in the know" gnomic comments lots of our fans fall into whenever they're given airtime or space on a messageboard.

After the Swindon game Juggy went full Colombo and reported something that Mowbray had apparently told him at a preseason friendly as as broadcastable fact.
Exactly, which he later changed the story on

dongonzalos

I doubt Burton were as well.

However there is no point having the budget verses league position debate. Far more often is there a correlation between budget and league position.

Yes every now and then you get a Yoevil or a Leicester. However more often you get a Wigan, MK Dons, Wolves, a Man Utd, Man City, Eastleigh, Salford, a Celtic.

However if we miss out on the play offs by a few points again. I won't be jumping up and down calling for Mowbrays head. I will hope we get another year out of him and a few more signings like Jones, Reid, Vlad maybe Turnball. Till we get a core of players capable of the play offs and we only have to add a sprinkle of loans to give us that depth in squad.
As oppose to been reliant on loanee kids to keep it going for a full season and get us the promotion

Last edited:

Martin180

I doubt Burton were as well.

However there is no point having the budget verses league position debate. Far more often is there a correlation between budget and league position.

Yes every now and then you get a Yoevil or a Leicester. However more often you get a Wigan, MK Dons, Wolves, a Man Utd, Man City, Eastleigh, Salford, a Celtic.

However if we miss out on the play offs by a few points again. I won't be jumping up and down calling for Mowbrays head. I will hope we get another year out of him and a few more signings like Jones, Reid, Vlad maybe Turnball. Till we get a core of players capable of the play offs and we only have to add a sprinkle of loans to give us that depth in squad.
As oppose to been reliant on loanee kids to keep it going for a full season and get us the promotion
Completely agree , we are building for the first time in a decade .Positive signings are being made , some may well be sold on for profit but many others with be with us for the next couple of seasons and given more time they will be added too.
I see us finishing top 10 maybe missing out on the playoffs again but ending the season with more depth too the squad with a view to adding more for a concerted promotion push for the following season , hopefully under Mogga

Captain Dart

Correct, but certain posters on this forum would swear blind the opposite is true.

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Yep on phone, meant budget...

Well you could turn that round and find a strong correlation between on field success and attendance, look back at the history of the club and see what happened when Jimmy Hill brought success (bit b4 my time), that was paid for by Derek Robins for instance the club signed the great Bill Glazier for a record fee. Sure times were different, but you can't magic up success, either it is built on firm foundations or brought in, currently the club is following neither option, it is being stripped down to minimal running costs as the owners are not interested in football only their asset base.

Nick

Administrator
Well you could turn that round and find a strong correlation between on field success and attendance, look back at the history of the club and see what happened when Jimmy Hill brought success (bit b4 my time), that was paid for by Derek Robins for instance the club signed the great Bill Glazier for a record fee. Sure times were different, but you can't magic up success, either it is built on firm foundations or brought in, currently the club is following neither option, it is being stripped down to minimal running costs as the owners are not interested in football only their asset base.

Catch 22 isn't it, teams like Norwich and Leicester had their fans backing even through the shit and relegation. Our fans drop like flies.

The club is trying to run "break even" isn't it? The same as most other clubs in this league.

What would happen if we filled the Ricoh every week.

1. Cheaper season tickets
2. More revenue = bigger budget
3. Better support, potentially helping the players

Look at the Gillingham game for example, people going apeshit about not getting tickets. Next week nowhere to be seen :(

You could argue about the firm foundations stuff with the thinking ahead of players being brought in on decent contracts.

A lot of our fans don't seem interested in football either, that's the sad thing about it all.

Captain Dart

Get back in the real world of no wishful thinking..

Users who are viewing this thread