Kalvin Phillips (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Have to bear in mind Gabriel Jesus going arsenal for 50 , man city effectively paying nowt for phillips

stupot07

In todays market you'd say that was a steal , I'd imagine pep will bring him on aswell ..

Think rice is better though
And he's 3 years younger. Phillips is 27 in December, you're signing someone at their peak.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure about this. Means Southgate will continue to pick him, regardless of form. Nothing personal, but I'm not convinced he's as good as Rice, and don't think we need both Rice and Phillips in the England team together (as we'll no doubt discover in Qatar) but Southgate will die on that hill.

TomRad85

Think he's overrated personally and generally I'd say he's worth nowhere near that, but its peanuts to Man City really isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

'The midfielder is expected to provide back up for Rodri at City in the single defensive midfield position favoured by manager Pep Guardiola'

Shows that Phillips would rather be a back up with money rather than a first team player week in week out. No doubt Southgate will still pick him!

He's ok but Rice is the better player in that position for club and country

stay_up_skyblues

Have to bear in mind Gabriel Jesus going arsenal for 50 , man city effectively paying nowt for phillips

Sterling rumoured to be off to Chelsea for the same figure too. If so I wonder if, for once, Man City are being sensible money wise and looking to balance the books a bit after the Grealish purchase? I’m sure they would have preferred Rice but realistically he’s another £100m+ signing.

Mucca Mad Boys

I doubt Phillips has been brought in to play ahead of Rodri and £42-45 million represents good value in today’s market.

Pep will develop Phillips as a player and clearly the Man City staff see something in him. The ‘overrated’ comments are a bit silly, he’s come back from an injury plagued season and you could tell he was off the pace v Hungary.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not sure about this. Means Southgate will continue to pick him, regardless of form. Nothing personal, but I'm not convinced he's as good as Rice, and don't think we need both Rice and Phillips in the England team together (as we'll no doubt discover in Qatar) but Southgate will die on that hill.
Well, he was a shoe-in before so even more so now,

He's not bad, but he's nothing special either. In terms of midfielders I'd play Rice, Bellingham and Ward-Prowse in that position ahead of him.

Evo1883

I mean .. does guardiola think he's average ? Or does he possess the qualities that he needs in his team

Mucca Mad Boys

Kalvin Phillips was really good in the 20/21 season for club and country. Last season was a write off in terms of being injured a lot and playing in a struggling team. People have forgot that.

Man City have got good value out of this transfer and Guardiola will improve him as a player.

Users who are viewing this thread