King et al vs SISU (2 Viewers)

fatso

Undecided yet overall.

But definitely better overall so far. Finances for the squad are more trustworthy. But no details of the deal for the sale. Would reaching the Prem give SISU a big payday? Since the takeover we have sold 2 players for about what the value of our club was seen as.

Hopefully they didn't value Gyokeres and Hamer anywhere near what we got for them. Many of our own supporters even valued them much lower.

We shouldn't want King hanged for the oversights so far. He took over a massive project. We're definitely going in the right direction. But it's the hidden details I'm unsure about. SISU wouldn't undersell. They sold at what they saw as top value. Maybe for what they had put in plus a massive bonus for promotion within a certain amount of time.

Attachments

• jadesus-jadehour.gif
    jadesus-jadehour.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 21

Brylowes

On the field and training facilities a million times better

Commercial side and logistically it is probably even more of a shambles than under SISU
Logistically and commercially we were obviously a much easier outfit to operate on account of having about half the number of customers.

I think Douglas has been fortunate to have had immediate on-field success to help set the tone around the club during his honeymoon period. Take away the playoffs, Wembley and the coaching staff turning two good players into transformational assets and you’re left with a shambolic kit launch, the ongoing season ticket debacle, ticket prices going up and generally poor comms from the club.
SISU were also fortunate with success on the pitch, the club has been improving ‘year on year’ since Robins took over 6 years ago.
If we want high end competitive championship football and the real possibility of promotion to the Premier league, then significant price increases were necessary as we basically had a league 2 pricing structure before, had we continued paying this we would eventually have found the level we were paying for.
I think the marked increase in Season Ticket sales suggest ‘that deep down, most recognise and accept this’ even if they don’t receive them on time.

Supporting the club now compared to what It was like supporting the club under SISU 🤔 for me it’s like supporting a different club, everything about it, after years of standing by a seriously impaired football club, I now feel like I’m supporting a proper football club with real ambition to progress.
I’m loving it to be honest.

mrfr

SISU were also fortunate with success on the pitch, the club has been improving ‘year on year’ since Robins took over 6 years ago.

That’s fair, though I think the impact of last seasons performance on the field has had a much larger impact than the previous successes had. Those felt like us getting back to where we would’ve been without years of mismanagement, reaching the playoff final really felt like we were punching above our weight and that seems to have awakened a bunch of dormant support in a way that winning the EFL Trophy didn’t.

I also take your point on ticket prices but given the economic backdrop I feel like there could’ve been a better way of handling the price increases. Easy to say from here I realise.

Deity

:ROFLMAO:You do it to yourself...you do......
Thom Yorke Radiohead GIF
You couldn’t make it up

Brylowes

That’s fair, though I think the impact of last seasons performance on the field has had a much larger impact than the previous successes had. Those felt like us getting back to where we would’ve been without years of mismanagement, reaching the playoff final really felt like we were punching above our weight and that seems to have awakened a bunch of dormant support in a way that winning the EFL Trophy didn’t.

I also take your point on ticket prices but given the economic backdrop I feel like there could’ve been a better way of handling the price increases. Easy to say from here I realise.
I think at least as many supporters have been tempted out of hibernation by SISU’s demise ‘as were by the play-off push (hard to quantify I know) but there’s a completely different feel around the club now.

Under SISU the club was always walking a tightrope with inevitable pitfalls all around, despite unexpected success on the pitch ‘you just knew there was an allmighty slap down waiting round the next corner.

Beyond me how this even merits discussion tbh.
My ST has only just arrived but on holiday so haven’t seen it but they emailed confirmation yesterday, then today got another email apologising for the printing error on the card and if I want to send it back I can 😂😂
Couldn’t give a shite, e-ticket every game would do me fine………so long as they keep running the club in the way they’ve started.

skybluetony176

It wasn’t hard to be better, SISU set the bar very very low. It’s refreshing but I’m still cautiously optimistic about how he’ll fare long term.

mrfr

Beyond me how this even merits discussion tbh.
I don’t think anyone is arguing things haven’t improved massively, but the fawning over the new ownership feels a bit premature. Things are significantly better, yes, but there is much to be done and no one deserves a free ride with no scrutiny when owning something as important and fragile as a football club which has been treated like shit for the last twenty years.

bigfatronssba

Actually this thread is a decent read. It shows most of us singing from the same Hymn sheet.

Basically Sisu were awful. So far King is better but there are still many problems within the club.

bigfatronssba

I don’t think anyone is arguing things haven’t improved massively, but the fawning over the new ownership feels a bit premature. Things are significantly better, yes, but there is much to be done and no one deserves a free ride with no scrutiny when owning something as important and fragile as a football club which has been treated like shit for the last twenty years.

I don’t think anyone is fawning over the new ownership.
Most people fully acknowledge the problems that still exist in the club

MTK

For me the big difference is it feels like owner, club and fans are all rowing in the same direction now. We might all have our grumbles and uncertainties but we're largely putting them aside, giving credit where it's due or being realistic about Rome wasn't built in a day. For the first time in ages I am worrying about missed chances, injuries, cover for positions etc rather than where will we play next season. I'd have taken where I am now in a heartbeat if you'd offered it to me when we were driving over to St Andrews for a night game in February. Seems a world away now

Brylowes

For me the big difference is it feels like owner, club and fans are all rowing in the same direction now. We might all have our grumbles and uncertainties but we're largely putting them aside, giving credit where it's due or being realistic about Rome wasn't built in a day. For the first time in ages I am worrying about missed chances, injuries, cover for positions etc rather than where will we play next season. I'd have taken where I am now in a heartbeat if you'd offered it to me when we were driving over to St Andrews for a night game in February. Seems a world away now
Definitely, and tbh in the relatively short space of time that SISU have been gone, we’ve improved way beyond any hopes and expectations I might have had.

DrPoolittle

SISU, eventually, did an excellent job in operating the club. Yes, they made mistakes but this isn’t binary. Fundamentally, they bought a club, which had been brought to the brink of destruction by Robinson and Richardson.
All this garbage about ”worst owners ever” is simply that: garbage. R and R are provably the worst owners ever.

shmmeee

SISU, eventually, did an excellent job in operating the club. Yes, they made mistakes but this isn’t binary. Fundamentally, they bought a club, which had been brought to the brink of destruction by Robinson and Richardson.
All this garbage about ”worst owners ever” is simply that: garbage. R and R are provably the worst owners ever.

Nah it’s still the ones who took us to L2, made us go bust, lost our tenure and option on the ground, took out the city twice and drove a wedge between fans.

DrPoolittle

Nah it’s still the ones who took us to L2, made us go bust, lost our tenure and option on the ground, took out the city twice and drove a wedge between fans.

2 relegations, which were the result of shit previous ownership. It was going to happen.
wiped out by 2 promotions and a cup win.
followed by a brief flirtation with PL promotion.

good, pragmatic ownership. Good, sound financial management.

Wow, possibly our best owners ever

shmmeee

2 relegations, which were the result of shit previous ownership. It was going to happen.
wiped out by 2 promotions and a cup win.
followed by a brief flirtation with PL promotion.

good, pragmatic ownership. Good, sound financial management.

Wow, possibly our best owners ever

The relegations occurred 5 and 10 years into their ownership.

I don’t suppose you work for the Prime Minister do you?

Users who are viewing this thread