Lack of investment in playing squad (2 Viewers)

Covcraig@bury

True, those pricks pretend they care about ccfc and turn up once a year at Wembley too...
Now who`s the stupid f##ker here ? I would take a guess its YOU and your SISU loving bum chums spending all that hard earned money . And still SISU don`t invest.

Nick

Administrator
Now who`s the stupid f##ker here ? I would take a guess its YOU and your SISU loving bum chums spending all that hard earned money . And still SISU don`t invest.
What are you on about now you dribbling mess? You went to Wembley which is apparently giving them your hard earned money

You don't even make sense as you yourself have given them money when you rock up for big games.

Thick as pig shit.

Covcraig@bury

What are you on about now you dribbling mess? You went to Wembley which is apparently giving them your hard earned money

You don't even make sense as you yourself have given them money when you rock up for big games.

Thick as pig shit.
Best you dig yourself another hole to grovel in . Who paid for my ticket ? not me . you retard .

Nick

Administrator
Best you dig yourself another hole to grovel in . Who paid for my ticket ? not me . you retard .
Ha well I didn't directly pay for my season ticket so what's your point? ;)

As for retard, I guess you were trying to be ironic as you don't come across as the brightest.

Like I said, thick as pig shit. Seem to think you are some moral hero but can't see how stupid you make yourself look and try to get out of it because "somebody else paid for your ticket". In other words, somebody who pretends they love ccfc, hasn't got a clue and turns up for big games.

Moff

Are you suggesting all those that buy tickets to watch the team are grovelers, Sisu loving bum chums, and retards?
Your really intelligent use of insults shows you for the prize twat you are, and homophobe and someone who takes the piss out of mental health. Prick.

Covcraig@bury

Are you suggesting all those that buy tickets to watch the team are grovelers, Sisu loving bum chums, and retards?
Your really intelligent use of insults shows you for the prize twat you are, and homophobe and someone who takes the piss out of mental health. Prick.
JUST NICK THE DICK. no offence to anyone else .

Irish Sky Blue

All up front fees are never paid up front but normally over the contract period. You don’t think we get the upfront fee straight away do you?
But the club knows it will get that money, presumably out going transfer fees would be structured in the same way. If what you say is true, we wouldn’t recieve the money from outgoing players straight away but we also wouldn’t have to pay for incoming players all at once. Therefore isn’t the point you are making irrelevant?

Nick

Administrator
Are you 12 or just a bit different? You don't really seem to have much about you when it comes to insults and just make yourself look silly.

Exactly the same as the rest of the "nopm" whoppers.

I take it your Nick the dicks love bitch ! Does he call you for support on this forum ?

Covcraig@bury

Thick as pig shit.
Are you 12 or just a bit different? You don't really seem to have much about you when it comes to insults and just make yourself look silly.

Exactly the same as the rest of the "nopm" whoppers.
What are you on about now you dribbling mess?

As for this comment , well I would put my IQ a tad higher than yours !

Grendel

skyblueinBaku

Nick ban this homophobic fuckwit his views can fuck off back to the 70s as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mind fucking off back to the '70s. For one thing, I'd be a lot younger, and secondly, the music was great. :emoji_smiley:

Irish Sky Blue

Mark Robins in June:

"We need to keep moving forward together. We don’t want to sit in League One, we want to be pushing for promotion again to the Championship."

If we challenge again this season, then folk will have to accept that SISU's new model of the last year or two is working.
Without getting into a big debate, it would seem to me that Sisu’s model is exactly the same as it’s always been. No information from them on aims, objectives and the way forward. The same silence from Seppala that there always is.Same court cases causing the club the same problems and their same NOPM stance. As far as I am concerned Sisu are the same as they have always been, bad for the future of our club. They need to leave.

Gibbo

I am not sure that the SISU model as of now this minute is that different to most clubs without a sugar-daddy. Aren't most L1 L2 clubs are living on loan players, frees, and small fees deferred over time, with the occasional windfall from a sale to a big club? Sunderland are an exception obviously. It is quite meritocratic - the manager and his team then have to find the best combination within those constraints and use it to best advantage.

However, SISU have been a bit changeable in their model, and poor at choosing managers - Thorne, Pressley & Slade.

The legal thing is another matter.

Sky Blue Harry H

I am not sure that the SISU model as of now this minute is that different to most clubs without a sugar-daddy. Aren't most L1 L2 clubs are living on loan players, frees, and small fees deferred over time, with the occasional windfall from a sale to a big club? Sunderland are an exception obviously. It is quite meritocratic - the manager and his team then have to find the best combination within those constraints and use it to best advantage.

However, SISU have been a bit changeable in their model, and poor at choosing managers - Thorne, Pressley & Slade.

A good post without an insult in sight. You sir can have a like.

Esoterica

The good thing is with this current model that with the size of our club and the level of our academy, in the medium term we should produce enough saleable assets to give us a very strong platform to get back into the Championship, if managed correctly. If we ever did get back to the Championship though, I'm still not sure SISU would sell when they are just one step from the PL and breaking even, even if the reality is that the 'one step' is actually a giant leap.

Warwickhunt

Thick as pig shit.
Insult to pigshit

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Nick "I didn't directly pay for my season ticket" don't tell me your giving Joy one again , or is someone else sponsoring you. Covcrage@bury will be checking up on you.

Hobo

I hate SISU, but recruitment has been good last couple of seasons and we are starting to make some progress.
Your argument seems a little one dimensional, even to a SISU hater, it has dick head written all over it.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I wouldn't mind fucking off back to the '70s. For one thing, I'd be a lot younger, and secondly, the music was great. :emoji_smiley:
Yeah and NO Internet and No Sky TV just good old terestial TV, but the music was better in the ' 80S. :emoji_sunglasses:

skyblueinBaku

Yeah and NO Internet and No Sky TV just good old terestial TV, but the music was better in the ' 80S. :emoji_sunglasses:
I like '80s music, too - and the '60s. Most of the stuff from the '90s to the present day leaves me cold.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I like '80s music, too - and the '60s. Most of the stuff from the '90s to the present day leaves me cold.
Leaves you cold, the '90s to the present, I have another word for it, CRAP. :emoji_poop: :emoji_smile:

NorthernWisdom

Firstly, I know we've brought in plenty of new faces over the summer and seem to have made some good signings. My issue is the lack of investment post the McNulty sale. Since then we've signed Hiwula for a reported £150k & Bakayoko for a reported £70k. That's approx. £220k of £1.2million. It's just a little disappointing considering they've had the Maddison money too. I didn't expect it all to be sent, and know some goes on signing on fees and wages, but thought there'd be enough not to have to replace the players we've sold with loans.
I'd agree.

There are some things to bear in mind in addition.

We let Reid go in the close season, who was apparently on a large whack for the level we were at. It's not like it's been just incomings - Reid may be the standout, but other players have left, too, so there's flexibility in replacing them, anyway.

Promotion means higher anticipated gates, so a higher wage budget anyway. This can account for the new contracts, Ogogo and Brown etc. I doubt Brown is on *huge* money either, as he's just come back from injury - we're probably paying Grimmer as much! If we're paying Sterling's wages then that may or may not be eye watering (he's an unproven talent atm) but then you'd have to ask why we'd do that if it pushed us over budget and anyway, when he was signed was before we were offering McNulty a better deal (see below).

We were ablke to offer McNulty an improved contract to try and ward off interest from Reading. That improved contract clearly meant the money was there to do so, even without the income from the sale of... McNulty.

We also need to factor in another Wembley appearance as bonus cash not expected in last season's budget, in addition to the Maddison money.

So, even if that bonus cash and the Maddison money goes into hiving off losses, there's little to say that we've spent anywhere near the McNulty cash. Hiwula may well end up being a decent signing, but he was nowhere near the Huddersfield first team, and was signed for them when in the Championship, so I doubt he's on *enormous* wages. You'd hope we wouldn't be paying an unproven bloke from Walsall as much in wages as McNulty, either! The other players we've signed are hope-to-come-goods rather than immediate first teamers, too.

So... we're either (optimistically!) waiting to do a deal on Chaplin, or someone like Chaplin, or the McNulty money has not been made fully available to improve the squad. If the latter is the case, that's very disappointing given the context of other incomings. If some is being held over for January, my cynicism from times gone by suggests it'll be needed by then to pay the bills, unless we're desparetely slogging to stay up.

Hobo

I'd agree.

There are some things to bear in mind in addition.

We let Reid go in the close season, who was apparently on a large whack for the level we were at. It's not like it's been just incomings - Reid may be the standout, but other players have left, too, so there's flexibility in replacing them, anyway.

Promotion means higher anticipated gates, so a higher wage budget anyway. This can account for the new contracts, Ogogo and Brown etc. I doubt Brown is on *huge* money either, as he's just come back from injury - we're probably paying Grimmer as much! If we're paying Sterling's wages then that may or may not be eye watering (he's an unproven talent atm) but then you'd have to ask why we'd do that if it pushed us over budget and anyway, when he was signed was before we were offering McNulty a better deal (see below).

We were ablke to offer McNulty an improved contract to try and ward off interest from Reading. That improved contract clearly meant the money was there to do so, even without the income from the sale of... McNulty.

We also need to factor in another Wembley appearance as bonus cash not expected in last season's budget, in addition to the Maddison money.

So, even if that bonus cash and the Maddison money goes into hiving off losses, there's little to say that we've spent anywhere near the McNulty cash. Hiwula may well end up being a decent signing, but he was nowhere near the Huddersfield first team, and was signed for them when in the Championship, so I doubt he's on *enormous* wages. You'd hope we wouldn't be paying an unproven bloke from Walsall as much in wages as McNulty, either! The other players we've signed are hope-to-come-goods rather than immediate first teamers, too.

So... we're either (optimistically!) waiting to do a deal on Chaplin, or someone like Chaplin, or the McNulty money has not been made fully available to improve the squad. If the latter is the case, that's very disappointing given the context of other incomings. If some is being held over for January, my cynicism from times gone by suggests it'll be needed by then to pay the bills, unless we're desparetely slogging to stay up.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hiwula isn't on the same money McNulty was on here. I think given time to settle in with team mates he will be an excellent player. If people are right about Chaplin being Robins no 1 target (I am not so convinced) then Robins is right to hold money back for January. Also right to hold things back for other eventualities, higher league higher gates isn't always a given.

I am hoping we settle and develop in coming weeks and show we can score across the team. I think Chaplin could have added goals, but I am far from convinced he would have been a direct replacement for McNulty's goals at this level.

Playing a waiting game for Chaplin could still pay off and Robins having made a fair offer cannot be responsible for Portsmouth's reluctance to sell.

Grendel

It wouldn't surprise me if Hiwula isn't on the same money McNulty was on here. I think given time to settle in with team mates he will be an excellent player. If people are right about Chaplin being Robins no 1 target (I am not so convinced) then Robins is right to hold money back for January. Also right to hold things back for other eventualities, higher league higher gates isn't always a given.

I am hoping we settle and develop in coming weeks and show we can score across the team. I think Chaplin could have added goals, but I am far from convinced he would have been a direct replacement for McNulty's goals at this level.

Playing a waiting game for Chaplin could still pay off and Robins having made a fair offer cannot be responsible for Portsmouth's reluctance to sell.

Jordi Hiwula

Grendel

Interesting. He could, of course, have also taken a cut in return for bigger/better bonuses and a longer contract, and the potential to showcase himself more than being trapped in the reserves at Huddersfield.

Players taking pay cuts? Mmmm thought they all just leave for more money.

Users who are viewing this thread