Lampard sacked as Everton Manager (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

The last time Everton played decent football, Kendal, Harvey and Ball were in midfield. An ex-Everton player (can’t remember who) was saying today that Dyche would be welcomed by the fans, they’d like his style of football. Can’t see it myself. This guy was also moaning about Moshiri, and although I’m sure he’s got a lot wrong, the club have spent £500mil on new players in the last few years. Just keeps appointing the wrong managers.
I'm sure they're looking on at the Doug King revolution with real envy as we unveil another loan fresh out of his GCSEs

Sick Boy

When John sillet was sacked I wasn't that bothered as I thought we were getting a world class defender in Terry Butcher - how wrong I was sorry snoz.
Eric Black - what might have been. Peter Reid unbelievably bad.
BigRon was shocking so pleased when he was appointed, not really fair on Phil Neal
andy Thorne - only compensation was he was probably cheap to get rid of.
Russel slade -oh dear we've had some shockers
Black was better than Reid but there were also some shocking results under him and he’s never been a manager since.

Grendel

When Reid was first appointed it was well received by a lot of fans, didn’t last long.

Animated GIF

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

When Reid was first appointed it was well received by a lot of fans, didn’t last long.
I remember his first game agaisnt palace - bizarre moment when we were chanting “Eric black sky blue army” and mid song changed to “Peter Reid’s sky blue army” after a goal went in

13th_choice_seamer

Amazed he wasn't booted out weeks ago. They really cannot afford to go down - already they are in need of millions of funding to finish the new stadium; can hardly see investors queing up without the Prem TV money flowing in.

To be to Lampard, he wasn't the cause of the problems at Goodison - the malaise set in long ago. But equally he was never going to be part of any solution either and they were sinking like a stone with his inability at the helm.

Brighton Sky Blue

There was uproar. And I remember fans giving him pelters at a couple of away games, I think Brighton and Rotherham, even though we won 1 and drew 1.
I don't think khe wanted to be here quite early into his tenure.
He said that he had been made a lot of false assurances by McGinnity when he was offered the post. Eric Black while not perfect had the fans and players onside and was doing fine with the limited finances. Really that whole fiasco is on the chairman

NorthernWisdom

He said that he had been made a lot of false assurances by McGinnity when he was offered the post. Eric Black while not perfect had the fans and players onside and was doing fine with the limited finances. Really that whole fiasco is on the chairman
The strong rumour was Black presented them with a wish list of transfers, and because neither McGinnity or Robinson had heard of any of them, he was out.

So then we had the fiasco of signing Tim Sherwood without a medical...

Brighton Sky Blue

The strong rumour was Black presented them with a wish list of transfers, and because neither McGinnity or Robinson had heard of any of them, he was out.

So then we had the fiasco of signing Tim Sherwood without a medical...
They got giddy at hiring a name and then signing some more names. And what names they were that season:

Neil Wood
Eddie Johnson
Florent Laville
Luke I
Richard I
Matt Mills
Lloyd Dyer
Ady Williams
Shaun Goater
Christian Negouai
Rohan Ricketts
Rob Page
Stern John
Graham Barrett

In 20 years' time we'll have the current random young loanees in a similar list

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I seem to remember it not being particularly popular, though I don't think he was 'hated' initially.

People hoped he'd do well and if he'd come in to replace someone who was failing badly he'd have been given time but Black was popular and we were playing some nice attacking football that was exciting to watch if not always getting the results.

So when Reid made the team dull and he had to hit the ground running with results to get fans onside. When that didn't do that they were quick to get on his back.

Sick Boy

I seem to remember it not being particularly popular, though I don't think he was 'hated' initially.

People hoped he'd do well and if he'd come in to replace someone who was failing badly he'd have been given time but Black was popular and we were playing some nice attacking football that was exciting to watch if not always getting the results.

So when Reid made the team dull and he had to hit the ground running with results to get fans onside. When that didn't do that they were quick to get on his back.
That sounds about right. Reid was on a hiding to nothing with the Operation Premiership nonsense and it was either promotion or bust - we weren’t doing too badly and then MM sold Davenport and we didn’t have the money to reinvest and then it all fell apart.

Covkid1968#

My family member who works there says they are looking at Marcelino…. Spanish club manager 🤷🏻

tisza

The last time Everton played decent football, Kendal, Harvey and Ball were in midfield. An ex-Everton player (can’t remember who) was saying today that Dyche would be welcomed by the fans, they’d like his style of football. Can’t see it myself. This guy was also moaning about Moshiri, and although I’m sure he’s got a lot wrong, the club have spent £500mil on new players in the last few years. Just keeps appointing the wrong managers.
That side in the 80s under Kendall played some great football. Could easily have one a European cup if it wasn't for their neighbours.

tisza

When the likes of Ancelotti and Benitez can't make it work maybe managers aren't their biggest problem?

SBT

As someone who hasn’t been following them that closely, what are the Everton board doing so badly? They’ve obviously allowed someone to spend a fortune on players who often aren’t very good - is that all on them? Is there anything else they’re doing wrong?

Frostie

As someone who hasn’t been following them that closely, what are the Everton board doing so badly? They’ve obviously allowed someone to spend a fortune on players who often aren’t very good - is that all on them? Is there anything else they’re doing wrong?

Pretty good overview here (hopefully minus paywall)

SBT

Pretty good overview here (hopefully minus paywall)

Good article, cheers!

It’s amazing how many of these bad decisions are attributed specifically to Moshiri caving to fan pressure. I somehow doubt there’s much self-reflection going on among the Everton fans chanting ‘Sack the board’ every week.

1674557060614.jpeg

Grendel

Good article, cheers!

It’s amazing how many of these bad decisions are attributed specifically to Moshiri caving to fan pressure. I somehow doubt there’s much self-reflection going on among the Everton fans chanting ‘Sack the board’ every week.

View attachment 28184

His reign is littered with errors and anomalies

he’s converting some of his £450 million loan into shares - surprise surprise - and BDO look like walking away before the accounts are published

Its entirely his responsibility regarding the £320 million losses over 3 seasons.

That article is very generous regarding the ground. There’s growing concern the money has not been funded before work commenced and that he signed a deal with the regeneration committee that if he withdraws from the project that the club is liable to pay to return the area to its original condition - an estimated cost is already approaching £100 million

there are equally strong indications the players signed have no relegation clauses and that the debt level now is massively breaching FFP regulations - hence the share conversion

slowpoke

What does Board Out mean or do ?
Frank Lampard has proved at two clubs now he’s not a yet good football manager at Premiership level if he ever will be. Needs to go into league 1 or 2 and learn the job.

Sick Boy

What does Board Out mean or do ?
Frank Lampard has proved at two clubs now he’s not a yet good football manager at Premiership level if he ever will be. Needs to go into league 1 or 2 and learn the job.
He was decent at Derby.

tisza

Good article, cheers!

View attachment 28184
large amount of self-entitlement amongst Everton fans. Until last season they've been a "top10" side for nearly 20 years.
Kept going after Kenwright that he wasn't spending enough money and when Moshiri came in with a cheque book they thought they'd be quids in.
Fact is top 6 is pretty much tied up every season and they're not as big (or rich) as those clubs.Newcastle on the verge ofbreaking in this season - one because of money, two because Liverpool & Chelsea are self-imploding atm

slowpoke

Top six in Premiership is changing before our eyes, I think the top four champions league spots will be what’s there now, that leaves Chelsea, Liverpool & Spurs out and that’s dangerous there are moves afoot now to re-organise the prem by what they are now calling the “big” 7. Case of watch this space.

Last edited:

Offhegoes

They got giddy at hiring a name and then signing some more names. And what names they were that season:

Neil Wood
Eddie Johnson
Florent Laville
Luke I
Richard I
Matt Mills
Lloyd Dyer
Ady Williams
Shaun Goater
Christian Negouai
Rohan Ricketts
Rob Page
Stern John
Graham Barrett

In 20 years' time we'll have the current random young loanees in a similar list
Stern John was a good signing, although it took subsequent managers to get the best out of him. John & Adebola were one of the better striking partnerships we had in that first spell in The Championship.

SBT

Fact is top 6 is pretty much tied up every season and they're not as big (or rich) as those clubs.Newcastle on the verge ofbreaking in this season - one because of money, two because Liverpool & Chelsea are self-imploding atm
Surely Chelsea and Liverpool’s implosions are signs that the top 6 isn’t pretty much tied up every season? Everton themselves were a top 6 regular until not that long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread