Latest: Fisher says 'no chance' of CCFC playing at Ricoh (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

<p>
In the local area? Does that mean... Inside Coventry or outside but local (ryton)?

Rytons being built on. Its going to be an engineering plant for Network Rail.

ccfc92

Seriously, this is all getting beyond a joke. Surely other people/teams/ the fa realise this is like a soap opera ffs!

lifelongcityfan

much as i wish it would happen there is no chance of the fl showing any backbone . The only option is now is the fans to vote with their feet an reoncarnate the club. sis years of sisu is like a lfetyime in guantamano bay...anthing is better

Diehard Si

It'd be wrong and immoral to move Nuneaton out of their home into a different city.

Well Hinckley are screwed too so Nuneaton cam use the cash to buy them. Hinckley then buy Cov Sphinx. A nice triangle helping all parties keep afloat and football in their home town...

Yes I know it's totally crazy and wouldn't work.

bigfatronssba

<p>
He said in the Coventry area not in Coventry. Could build it 10m outside the city boundary.

Like to see him try and get that passed the FL. (actually they would probably just bend over and let him).

StevieM

I really do hope that the Council oppose any planning permission that this f**king bunch of c**ts propose.
I find it absolutely incredulous the shite that this pillock spouts.
Also again as discussed before on here several times, how can he come out with this sort of crap when the club is supposed to being run by the "administrator" - I obviously use that term in loosest form possible, another shower of SISU shite in action.
The lawyer from ACL categorically stated on the radio this morning that the club have NOT been locked out and they openly want them back next season....that is a statement made by a legal professional, he could have not made it any clearer ...what part of that does Fisher not understand.
I think that we all need to start to realise that SISU will shortly, by their own failings cause us to loose our league status at this rate.

lifelongcityfan

fl have shown no balls to date ( fear of legal action), this will not change. Unfortunately, they will be happy as long as ccfc fulfill their fixtues. I am so angry now, SISU will neer run this club properly and are completely untrustworthy. They must think we are stupid. Time for protest at the first of Timmy's meetings. either outside or in.

bigfatronssba

<p>
I'm on about developing training ground... Do we still own the sb connexion?

They sold the actual connexion sports centre years ago, back in the 90s I think.

Could be the training ground, but I wouldn't have thought there was a chance of planning permission there.

Noggin

"People have to understand we do not posture, we do not threaten, because that is not how you do business, you only do business in good faith. Always:facepalm::eek::pointlaugh::jerkit::D:D

bigfatronssba

<p>
It depends what their definition of conurbation is. Someone pointed out that notts forest technically isnt in Nottingham

Just thinking Hinckley for instance is within 10 miles of the city boundary, but certainly isn't part of the conurbation.

dongonzalos

and in the immediate Coventry area by the way".

He would have said in Coventry not the immediate area.

So 3 million to buy back their own debt and not pay ACL 600k

Rent to ground share with someone else over 3 years for a stadium Cov fans won't travel to.

And at a guess 30 million to build a new stadium in Warwickshire. That will consign us to a championship aspirations at best.

Seems like buying half of ACL real was a bad option after all I am convinced.

bigfatronssba

<p>
My bets Brandon, falls under Rugby district so wouldn't be dealing with CCC

CCC could still object though. Increased traffic around Tgi island could give them reason to.

Colin1883

We sold the connexion 20 years ago at least.

Club couldn't get planning permission to build houses on the training ground, so no chance with a hulking great stadium!

Went to fair few raves up there but that's a different story... Problem is a lot of local councils will jump at the chance and grant permission

bigfatronssba

<p>
Yes true, was just my hunch. Redevelop the speedway site just sprung to mind

Would the Bees not get a bit cross if the catch fisher sticking corner flags in the racing track?!

dongonzalos

I don't believe it for a second.

The chap is selling the speedway site though.

Nuneaton I think the ground is up for sale but you may have to also agree to lease if to Nuneaton for 7 years???

I suppose they could buy it develop it and allow Nuneaton to ground share.

The CableGuy

<p>

Rytons being built on. Its going to be an engineering plant for Network Rail.

Drove past there the other day, the plant/warehouse for Network Rail has been built, there's plenty of space left there, and I guess planning permission would need to be obtained from Warwickshire County Council (?).

Still doesn't change the fact that Fisher is nuts.

Brighton Sky Blue

Another thought-suppose it costs £30m to build a new ground. By the time it's done and if there's still a club to support it could end up owing close to £100m to SISU. Unbelievable.

SkyblueBazza

Has anyone stopped & thought for a minute? That it might just work & deliver the long-term-vision of a "solid, vibrant club"?
I suggested ages ago - many things in life have to be deconstructed to be improved. Read up on what happened to make British Cycling the force it is (whose success is pretty much taken for granted now). Maybe they have the wherewithal to actually do it??? They seem to have a bucketload of front & resolve at least.

bigfatronssba

Hopefully there wouldn't be too many traitors watching them outside the city.

dongonzalos

Another thought-suppose it costs £30m to build a new ground. By the time it's done and if there's still a club to support it could end up owing close to £100m to SISU. Unbelievable.

69 million now. Further 3 million legal bills. In the 2 months bills to ARVO went up by 1.5 million.

During the ground share I would hazard a guess at 2000 fans for three years. Very very little merchandise sales.

30 million on a new ground.

Millions on legal battles with the council.

We will owe far more than 100 million.

Complete and absolute rubbish.

Also there is the after thought the future if the Academy?????

I just don't believe it.

Still would prefer them to take us now and Mr Haskell to buy Nuneaton and put them in the Ricoh

Brighton Sky Blue

Has anyone stopped & thought for a minute? That it might just work & deliver the long-term-vision of a "solid, vibrant club"?
I suggested ages ago - many things in life have to be deconstructed to be improved. Read up on what happened to make British Cycling the force it is (whose success is pretty much taken for granted now). Maybe they have the wherewithal to actually do it??? They seem to have a bucketload of front & resolve at least.

If we have the cash to build a new ground we have the cash to buy at least some of ACL.

jan87

How can Tim Fisher make any decisions about where the club will play next season when the administrator is supposed to be running the club??? What planet is he on?. I am totally fed up with this man. Sisu out!!!!!!!! PUSB

bigfatronssba

<p>
69 million now. Further 3 million legal bills. In the 2 months bills to ARVO went up by 1.5 million.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>During the ground share I would hazard a guess at 2000 fans for three years. Very very little merchandise sales.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>30 million on a new ground.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Millions on legal battles with the council. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>We will owe far more than 100 million.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Complete and absolute rubbish. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Also there is the after thought the future if the Academy?????</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I just don't believe it. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Still would prefer them to take us no and Haskell to buy Nuneaton and put them in the Ricoh

All over the cost of a pie.

SuperFred

Am I missing something here, fisher said the new stadium would be in the 'immediate coventry area' so why are people talking about it being in hinckley or nuneaton?

bigfatronssba

<p>
Am I missing something here, fisher said the new stadium would be in the 'immediate coventry area' so why are people talking about it being in hinckley or nuneaton?

Because he will have zero chance of getting it built in Coventry.

Brighton Sky Blue

69 million now. Further 3 million legal bills. In the 2 months bills to ARVO went up by 1.5 million.

During the ground share I would hazard a guess at 2000 fans for three years. Very very little merchandise sales.

30 million on a new ground.

Millions on legal battles with the council.

We will owe far more than 100 million.

Complete and absolute rubbish.

Also there is the after thought the future if the Academy?????

I just don't believe it.

Still would prefer them to take us now and Mr Haskell to buy Nuneaton and put them in the Ricoh

Relegation to L2 is nailed on as there is no way the crowds will provide enough to fund more than a League 2 outfit. Bazza talks about having to build down to build up-my fear is the club will not make it to see any new ground built.

If this ground is to be built in the specified timeframe it is going to be a no frills Keepmoat type affair and even then delays can strike at any time.

Tim, Kenny called earlier. He wants his strait jacket back.

Delboycov

Don't know what you're drinking Bazza but I want some! You trust a word they say? Sharing with Walsall or Birmingham for 3 years minimum...and possibly a lot longer (Arena Whenever?) if it's built at all then back to a site which judging by his careful choice of words won't even be in Coventry? They have bumbled from one disaster to another but because he's talking a good game you're taken in by it? End of the club if this is allowed to happen for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread