Latest Sky Blue Trust leter to Timmy (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It should be based on the reasons they told the EFL. Why we were moving away.
The assurances they made about the circumstances in which we were coming back, specifically a new stadium.
Then if they ask to move away again the fact they made absolutely no progress at all on the new stadium last time and a judge said what he said.
Not just that they are very bad at running a football club financially.
The assurances when moving aren't relevant now though as they came back. If it comes to moving again then there are new assurances.

Fans being unhappy isn't a reason for them to force them to be able to sell, no laws broken.

dongonzalos

The assurances when moving aren't relevant now though as they came back. If it comes to moving again then there are new assurances.

Fans being unhappy isn't a reason for them to force them to be able to sell, no laws broken.

I disagree, they told the EFL they were forced out and were moving in order to build a new stadium.
They told us fans they were would not be returning unless it was as owners or building a new stadium.
What’s to stop them moving for a year coming back for two years on a continuous cycle. Not putting a brick down hoping Wasps go bust.
Where do the EFL draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough. You either actually seriously start building a new stadium or next time we have the golden share?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I disagree, they told the EFL they were forced out and were moving in order to build a new stadium.
They told us fans they were would not be returning unless it was as owners or building a new stadium.
What’s to stop them moving fir a year coming back for two years on a continuous cycle. Not putting a brick dune hoping Wasps go bust.
Where do the EFL draw a sand in the line and say enough is enough. You either actually seriously start building a new stadium or next time we have the golden share?

Yes, you would have a point if we were still at Sixfields and nothing had been done.

However, we aren't so the assurances of us being at Sixfields are irrelevant now as we haven't been there for over 3 years.

Grendel

What’s to stop them moving fir a year coming back for two years on a continuous cycle. Not putting a brick dune hoping Wasps go bust.
Where do the EFL draw a sand in the line and say enough is enough. You either actually seriously start building a new stadium or next time we have the golden share?

Brilliant so you’d like the club to fold - what a cretin you are.

CJ_covblaze

How can they take the share because of the finance stuff though? It's impossible to regulate to the point of forcing them to sell.

It's all well and good shouting at them to do it but what do you actually think they can do?

By setting more appropriate rules to prevent and/or punish financial mismanagement.

Grendel

By setting more appropriate rules to prevent and/or punish financial mismanagement.

You’d take it off most clubs that run up debts then wouldn’t you?

Nick

Administrator

How can they though? How realistically can they enforce anything like that?

Unless it's fraud, money laundering, illegal etc they can't start trying to demand people sell up based on that. It's impossible.

There are plenty of clubs that are in shed loads of debt and making losses. What happens if people plough every penny they have in and then run out so have to start making cuts to balance the books?

Forest made a loss of £20m+ didn't they which the owner covered? What happens if he decides he can't cover that next year and has to balance the books to stop the loss and it means a relegation? Fans get angry and shout about it so the EFL take the golden share after he has put millions in himself. It isn't going to happen.

Again, you need to be a bit more realistic.

chiefdave

Unless it's fraud, money laundering, illegal etc they can't start trying to demand people sell up based on that. It's impossible.
And if you follow the logic through and at the end of the season every club who has made a loss is put up for sale where are all the buyers going to come from? There's no way you could force an owner to write off any money they're owed so the debt would have to be paid off.

Nick

Administrator
And if you follow the logic through and at the end of the season every club who has made a loss is put up for sale where are all the buyers going to come from? There's no way you could force an owner to write off any money they're owed so the debt would have to be paid off.

Exactly, the EFL can't then demand asking prices for clubs. So if the EFL demanded SISU sell up tomorrow they could say "look, we have put £30m or whatever in, we want it back".

Unless of course people will think the EFL can demand they write it all off and go.

It just seems fans think they can demand the owners chuck loads of money in, if it doesn't work out they can shout to the EFL to make them go and hand it over to the next one. Rinse and repeat.

SkyBlueZack

Financial mismanagement? I think they would argue they are now self sustainable or very close to it. The early bit of their tenure they were out of their depth but have learned from mistakes. The club didn't have the income to compete in the championship which caused losses. We had to cut costs, we now hope to build the club sustainably.

fernandopartridge

I don't think the argument that SISU haven't financially mismanaged the club stands up to any scrutiny. Yes they are edging towards break even but only necessitated by their own previous action. Great to be a breaking even but not so great when turnover has fallen 50%.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

How can they take the share because of the finance stuff though? It's impossible to regulate to the point of forcing them to sell.

It's all well and good shouting at them to do it but what do you actually think they can do?
If they took that golden share off of a club due to it losing money, there would be a significant decrease in the size of the FL. Until the issue of the independent PL with its disproportionate share of the wealth is addressed, football is knackered.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

There will be PL2 within 5 years and the rest of the clubs left in the EFL will be high and dry.
Probably end up with part time players.
18 clubs in PL1 (due to European ties) and 20 clubs in PL2 with no promotion from the EFL
Watch this space.

ccfcway

There will be PL2 within 5 years and the rest of the clubs left in the EFL will be high and dry.
18 clubs in PL1 (due to European ties) and 20 clubs in PL2 with no promotion from the EFL
Watch this space.

Agree with PL2...............as Alan Partridge would say "its been rebadged you fool"

they wont get away with no promotion from the EFL

Grendel

Watch this space.

I think no promotion breached EUFA rules and bans participation in Euro competitions.

chiefdave

I think no promotion breached EUFA rules and bans participation in Euro competitions.
What if its a UEFA competition (Champions League) that introduces no promotion and relegation? Can see the top clubs leaving their respective home leagues and just playing an expanded European competition.

CJ_covblaze

What if its a UEFA competition (Champions League) that introduces no promotion and relegation? Can see the top clubs leaving their respective home leagues and just playing an expanded European competition.

It will happen in the end. I’m predicting the League Cup Final will either take place in the far east or EFL will try to make it happen anyway first.

martcov

Financial mismanagement? I think they would argue they are now self sustainable or very close to it. The early bit of their tenure they were out of their depth but have learned from mistakes. The club didn't have the income to compete in the championship which caused losses. We had to cut costs, we now hope to build the club sustainably.

Partly right. I didn’t know we were building the club, I thought it was more like not running at a loss as the main priority.

What have we done, or is in the pipeline, that shows we are building? We are parked in a siding for the time being.

SkyBlueZack

Partly right. I didn’t know we were building the club, I thought it was more like not running at a loss as the main priority.

What have we done, or is in the pipeline, that shows we are building? We are parked in a siding for the time being.

I said I think they would argue what I said. Not that I agree or believe it.

bawtryneal

That may be correct currently but talks have taken place to make the two tier PL "exclusive"
A number of current championship clubs eg Leeds, the two Sheffield Clubs, Villa etc would welcome the move of course, and the bottom end of Championship and League 1/2 would be cut adrift.
Will get very messy but money talks. I believe the remaining EFL clubs will get "bought off" with one off payments.
Will operate similar to USA Major football leagues

Grendel

That would also breach regulations - it would be like the packer cricket series - not official and doomed to fail

Grendel

But surely if its a UEFA regulation and its the UEFA Champions League then they just amend the regulations to suit themselves?

Fifa regulations would effectively mean these players and I would assume participation league bodies be banned from international competition.

Eufa can’t just change regulations - there is a process and what your implying is trying to establish s rich list of clubs to participate which would exclude most of the members who have a vote.

Users who are viewing this thread