Rick Astley Dancing GIF

He's never gonna give you up,
He's the best around,
He'll play in midfield or at right back,
He's never gonna make you cry,
And I'll tell you why
Latibeaudiere is a Sky Blue

Jamesimus

I think he’s one of the weakest additions to the squad technically. However, he is making up for that with his versatility, spirit and bravery and I hope that continues

He seems an intelligent and likeable lad as well.

EDIT - also think we’ll see him improve if he gets a run playing in the same bloody position for a good few games (not midfield).

Sky Blue Harry H

Scored a couple of decent headers from corners as well. Sign Sorba Thomas next season and I reckon we'll score a lot more from set pieces (assuming we're still in this division). His set pieces would be a bloody useful weapon in the PL too imo.

Boicey

He is a committed hardworking lad. Someone you want in your squad.
In the end though we have to be clear where our defensive weaknesses are that make us continually shaky at the back.
is it the central defence or lack of midfield defensive cover for them.
Who do we recruit to help sort the problem?

long way home

Most squads that compete well at any level have players like Lats in them. He is unselfish, hardworking, reliable and is one of the fittest players in the squad. Seems a very unassuming lad that just gets on with it, he is a bit like Bidwell in lots of ways on the mentality side of it.

Very important member that goes about his business without fuss. I don't think he would get the accolades he probably deserves, but i don't think that bothers him. He will continue to get better and has been another very good bit of business as time has gone by.

Hobo

Most squads that compete well at any level have players like Lats in them. He is unselfish, hardworking, reliable and is one of the fittest players in the squad. Seems a very unassuming lad that just gets on with it, he is a bit like Bidwell in lots of ways on the mentality side of it.

Very important member that goes about his business without fuss. I don't think he would get the accolades he probably deserves, but i don't think that bothers him. He will continue to get better and has been another very good bit of business as time has gone by.

Interesting you drew a parallel with Bidwell. Because I think Bidwell and Lati are two of the best readers of the game we have, especially from a defensive point of view.

cstring82

I remember the first couple of games he played and you can see he has a nastier side too him which we’ve lacked recently IMO.
Given we’ve got a small ish squad and he can play multiple positions, he’s addition has been a good one.

covcity4life

Brilliant signing.

We're some posters who said he's shit and only plays cos robins loves him just a few weeks ago. I think that might have just been frustration at a bad result being taken out on him though. Or perhaps not wanting to see him in midfield for even a second.

For me he is a steady Eddie in every position he plays and big part of our success this year.

TomRad85

I think he’s one of the weakest additions to the squad technically. However, he is making up for that with his versatility, spirit and bravery and I hope that continues

He seems an intelligent and likeable lad as well.

EDIT - also think we’ll see him improve if he gets a run playing in the same bloody position for a good few games (not midfield).
Agreed, he's not the best at anything and tbh he's not in any version of my best 11 but with injuries and squad rotation I think having a player like him that can fill multiple roles is valuable. I actually wouldn't mind seeing us bring in the attacking version of Lati too, whoever that is.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Boicey

Brilliant signing.

We're some posters who said he's shit and only plays cos robins loves him just a few weeks ago. I think that might have just been frustration at a bad result being taken out on him though. Or perhaps not wanting to see him in midfield for even a second.

For me he is a steady Eddie in every position he plays and big part of our success this year.
So where do our defensive weaknesses lie?
(I’m not saying it’s down to him btw. Just that some love everyone yet we concede bad goals week after week. Somethings not right somewhere!).

Sky Blue Pete

So where do our defensive weaknesses lie?
(I’m not saying it’s down to him btw. Just that some love everyone yet we concede bad goals week after week. Somethings not right somewhere!).
We are attempting to play a more progressive game it sometimes leaves us open

Just look at the goals we’ve scored

SBT

He’s been a very good signing - people sometimes sneer at utility players for some reason, but when you’re working with a small squad like ours then they can be extremely valuable. No way we manage the transition from 3ATB to a back four as well as we have without him being able to plug holes where needed.

Boicey

We are attempting to play a more progressive game it sometimes leaves us open

Just look at the goals we’ve scored
There’s some truth in that. But it’s not like we are shaky only on the break when we have too many forward. We generally lack a tight defensive line.

Chris1987

Exactly the kind of player needed in a squad. Nothing flashy but extremely reliable and has a good reading of the game. Seems to have leadership qualities too.

Darth Robins

A few weeks ago, I got roped into watching my 3 month old niece while my sister got her hair done. So there I am, sitting in the waiting area of a hair salon with my niece and who walks in but Joel Latibeaudiere.
I was nervous as fuck, and just kept looking at him, as he read a magazine and waited, but didn't know what to say. Pretty soon though my niece started crying, and I'm trying to quiet her down because I didn't want her to bother Joel, but she wouldn't stop. Pretty soon he gets up and walks over. He started running his hands through her hair and asking what was wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry or something. So, Joel put down his magazine, picked up my niece and lifted his shirt. He breast fed her right there in the middle of a hair salon. Chill guy, really nice about it.

Alkhen

He’s been a very good signing - people sometimes sneer at utility players for some reason, but when you’re working with a small squad like ours then they can be extremely valuable. No way we manage the transition from 3ATB to a back four as well as we have without him being able to plug holes where needed.

Look at the career James Milner has had at a string of top clubs. Fills in where needed, has long runs as a starter but can be brought on to steady a team and see out a game. So valuable

wingy

Look at the career James Milner has had at a string of top clubs. Fills in where needed, has long runs as a starter but can be brought on to steady a team and see out a game. So valuable
Just what I was thinking if they need an experienced head in there to replace Kelly if funds permit and he still wants it?

blunted

Interesting you drew a parallel with Bidwell. Because I think Bidwell and Lati are two of the best readers of the game we have, especially from a defensive point of view.
Who are we getting next from Swansea then?

Grendel

That’s a good point actually

Users who are viewing this thread