League 1 manager situation (4 Viewers)

JimmyHillsbeard

Think Walsall will remain top 6, got a decent team unless Smith comes in for a few of there players in Jan. I remember Brentford losing Rosler a couple of seasons back and Warburton still took them up. But its certainly good news for us. Just need Justin Edinburgh to get a move now!

Is Carsley in the betting for te Walsall job?

Liquid Gold

It looks like Walsall are getting in the guy that got Bristol Rovers relegated to the conference, happy days

SkyBlueSid

Just returned from a night at an Indian restaurant near Burton. Jimmy Floyd and some of the players were there too, a party of about 10 of them, and it looked rather like a farewell do to us. Have to say they were all impeccably behaved, even though the Cobra had been in evidence throughout the evening.

On this basis, let's hope we don't see Tony Mowbray out for a curry with a few of the players any time soon!

Otis

Whats wrong with the word fuck, whats all this fudging about!!! On another note they seem reaaaallly pissed off, fair play i think i would be too, smells like the Mark Robins situation to me, except Smith had been at Walsall much longer than Robins was here!
I think a lot of people try not to swear because children also post on these forums.

torchomatic

True. I think we're lucky that we've kept hold of Tony. Maybe he's not thought of as "young and dynamic" like JFH. Dean Smith was a surprise choice for me at Brentford. Can only hope it hinders the respective teams.

lifeskyblue

TM has real pedigree unlike smith and jfh. I don't think he will be tempted by anything other than a premier league position or a top championship side (one in top 6)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

True. I think we're lucky that we've kept hold of Tony. Maybe he's not thought of as "young and dynamic" like JFH. Dean Smith was a surprise choice for me at Brentford. Can only hope it hinders the respective teams.

we are a big team so other than real,barca and bayern i am not sure anyone else has the balls to come in for tony

st john

It's also possible that other teams see him as retiring in the near future as he didn't seem to try very hard to find a job before joining us. Personally I don't think he will provided he has a real challenge that he thinks will turn out how he wants

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Well its up to us now to take advantage and put some distance between us and teams below us and their woes, xmas schedule i always feel best time to make or break it for 2nd half the season lets hope buron and walsall fall away and lose next weekend.

RegTheDonk

It's also possible that other teams see him as retiring in the near future as he didn't seem to try very hard to find a job before joining us. Personally I don't think he will provided he has a real challenge that he thinks will turn out how he wants

May be a case of he didn't really need to worry about working. Folks like us live to their means. Maybe he's the same, or perhaps invested his money wisely unlike some in the football world who piss/gamble/waste the lot while living the high life. I think you're bang on about the challenge, a great place come if you have self-belief and want to show you can turn around a club like ours which has had so much self-destruction publicity over the last couple of years. I wonder how much dumping Waggot and getting in herman who's supposed to know a bit about football was also down to giving him what he wants.

He could be a footballing messiah if he gets us promoted after so much disappointment over the years. Why stop at the championship Tony, take us all the way!

skyblueinBaku

We just have to hope they dont get the "new manager" boost :(

Let's hope that they take a long time to appoint a new manager. That way, if their results drop off, they could be out of contention before a new manager is brought in.

standupforcity

TM has real pedigree unlike smith and jfh. I don't think he will be tempted by anything other than a premier league position or a top championship side (one in top 6)

TM's not going anywhere...he's made it clear he has a job to do here and I believe him to be a man of his word. So the ante is upped and we're on our way!!

H

Huckerby

May be a case of he didn't really need to worry about working. Folks like us live to their means. Maybe he's the same, or perhaps invested his money wisely unlike some in the football world who piss/gamble/waste the lot while living the high life. I think you're bang on about the challenge, a great place come if you have self-belief and want to show you can turn around a club like ours which has had so much self-destruction publicity over the last couple of years. I wonder how much dumping Waggot and getting in herman who's supposed to know a bit about football was also down to giving him what he wants.

He could be a footballing messiah if he gets us promoted after so much disappointment over the years. Why stop at the championship Tony, take us all the way!
Who is herman

D

Deleted member 2477

Similar situation when robins left us. We fell away after so hoping the same happens for walsall and burton

D

Deleted member 2477

Great news

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has agreed a deal in principle to take over as QPR head coach and will bring in David Oldfield as his assistant.
Burton Albion granted Rangers permission to speak to Hasselbaink after an official approach was made following the League One club’s win against Millwall on Tuesday evening.
That victory left the Brewers top of the table but is likely to be Hasselbaink’s last match at the helm.
His appointment was initially expected to be rubber-stamped over the weekend, but Rangers now plan to announce his arrival on Friday.

www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/hasselbaink-agrees-qpr-deal-and-will-bring-oldfield

Read more: http://burtonbrewers.proboards.com/thread/2141/qpr?page=12#ixzz3tHfLcuSy

no_loyalty

Robins did inherit a decent side and hasn't done much since to support his managerial credentials.

I don't know about that, put one over on us this season and won league one October manager of the month

Terry Gibson's perm

It is good to see clubs taking managers from English clubs rather than heading off abroad ( I do know jfh is Dutch but he has been managing here)

skybluesunny

Working up near Burton, a few of their fans are speculating JFH will be taking Duffy and El Khayati in the January transfer window, the latter being Dutch himself and was brought in by JFH. I only think this could help us push for the automatic promotion spots as they will drop off. Not sure how much to look into this but could be something #pusb

Users who are viewing this thread