Lee Hughes bankrupt (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

LOL

Otis

Just looked back at the trial and after being found guilty the Daily Telegraph said that was his professional career over.

How wrong could they be. Came back after being released and played for a 4 further professional league clubs, before then going on to play for 7 non league teams.

CovBurty

Has he ever been declared an alcoholic ? There had to be a reason why he pissed all his money away. Was just our luck to get him on his downward slope. Waster.

pastythegreat

After Regis died, I found myself getting overly annoyed at EVERY news outlet for talking about how Cyrille Regis was ex west brom player but no mention of City, even though his greatest achievement was with us.
Now I find myself getting annoyed that they've linked this reprobate with us! Could they not of just said ex west brom and left it at that?!?!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Awful decision. Aloisi had scored 20+ for Pompey in that division. Crazy.

At the time it seemed a very good decision to be fair. The club had banked in Hartson staying and wanted a replacement when he left. He was averaging one goal every two games when we signed him.

Grendel

no_loyalty

I used to see Hughes regularly in the poachers retreat in Eastern Green, would have a fair few beers and rumours he was doing cocaine, didn't know he used to drive home to Meriden before that tragic accident. I hope he suffers for the rest of his life, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

oucho

Has he ever been declared an alcoholic ? There had to be a reason why he pissed all his money away. Was just our luck to get him on his downward slope. Waster.
It's quite common for ex footballers to go bankrupt within a few years of retiring, i read somewhere it's like 25% of pro footvallers within 5 years.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

oucho

I was told back then by a very reliable source that Aloisi was sold for non-footballing reasons.

Such as??? Shagging a member of the Strachan family??

Terry_dactyl

1 in every 4 - he wasn’t very good.

Apparently Lee Hughes’ top flight record is 0 goals in 23 appearances. What does this tell us?
Sadly we’ll never really know what aloisi would have been like as an alternative to Hughes. Although the benefit of hindsight is that at least we wouldn’t have eternally been linked to the baggies twat.

oucho

Fair to say that there's more sympathy for LFH on the Port Vale forum than there is here: Lee Hughes bankrupt.

I suppose if he'd been a great success for us, as he was at Vale where he was a key part of a promotion campaign, we might see a similar set of comments on here (mixed rather than wholly negative).

But fuck him, I'm not a Vale fan so don't care about that. Despite being "bankrupt" he probably has more cash squirrelled away than most of us.

NorthernWisdom

I say this purely on a playing level...

We wasted him completely when he joined us. he worked hard, ran the channels... but his strength was down the middle scoring goals and being in the box. Often he was running the channels to be the person crossing into the box.

He could have been a success with us but also, as has also been said, we already had a striker with a track record of scoring in the second division on our books in Aloisi, and the sensible thing to do with have been to play him for the season, and save us the cash!

pastythegreat

I wouldn’t have cared if he’d scored 80 goals in a season for us, his actions in leaving the scene of a fatal crash to avoid being done for drink driving were those of a complete scumbag - instant end of any hero status.
This is why the laws so desperately need updating.
For causing death by drink driving, the maximum penalty is 14 years imprisonment.
For hit and run (and return later when your sober and the police can't prove otherwise) is 4 years.
Not much of an incentive to hang around to see if the person you just knocked over is ok really is it?!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread