Lee Hughes bankrupt (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He was on £18,000 a week here and when he went back to West Brom so don’t know where it’s gone.

torchomatic

wingy

This is why the laws so desperately need updating.
For causing death by drink driving, the maximum penalty is 14 years imprisonment.
For hit and run (and return later when your sober and the police can't prove otherwise) is 4 years.
Not much of an incentive to hang around to see if the person you just knocked over is ok really is it?!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
That's a truely shocking.

Captain Dart

He was on £18,000 a week here and when he went back to West Brom so don’t know where it’s gone.
Did he invest with Michael McIndoe?

kapowaz

Lee Hughes had so much potential, squandered with that stupid decision to flee the hit and run.

For a couple of years when my mum was first seeing my stepdad I travelled regularly between Cov and Kidderminster, so I went to a few of the games in 96/97. I even travelled with the away supporters coach to Slough once (still not sure why) and Hughes really stood out as a cut above everybody else. He scored some great goals - a fantastic cool chip when 1:1 with the keeper in a 6-0 drubbing sticks in my mind - he scored 30 goals that season. Obviously you can never know how well a non-League player can do when you take them all the way up but he did a great turn for West Brom, and so I always thought he’d do the same for us. Obviously not, and the rest is history.

Still, sad to think how things could have turned out differently for him (and especially the family whose life he wrecked) had he not been on the booze.

D

Deleted member 4439

Lee Hughes had so much potential, squandered with that stupid decision to flee the hit and run.

For a couple of years when my mum was first seeing my stepdad I travelled regularly between Cov and Kidderminster, so I went to a few of the games in 96/97. I even travelled with the away supporters coach to Slough once (still not sure why) and Hughes really stood out as a cut above everybody else. He scored some great goals - a fantastic cool chip when 1:1 with the keeper in a 6-0 drubbing sticks in my mind - he scored 30 goals that season. Obviously you can never know how well a non-League player can do when you take them all the way up but he did a great turn for West Brom, and so I always thought he’d do the same for us. Obviously not, and the rest is history.

Still, sad to think how things could have turned out differently for him (and especially the family whose life he wrecked) had he not been on the booze.

It was a tragic event for all concerned: a number of lives changed, including Hughes'. To be clear, drink driving can never be condoned. But when I see the vitriol on here, the thought does occur to me = have any of the posters ever drank and then driven whilst likely over the limit? If so, you might want to ponder, "there by the grace of God".

Hobo

Sniff sniff I feel so sad for him

Skyblueol

This is why the laws so desperately need updating.
For causing death by drink driving, the maximum penalty is 14 years imprisonment.
For hit and run (and return later when your sober and the police can't prove otherwise) is 4 years.
Not much of an incentive to hang around to see if the person you just knocked over is ok really is it?!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Apart from the moral sense of doing the right thing when you’ve just knocked someone down. D

Astute

It was a tragic event for all concerned: a number of lives changed, including Hughes'. To be clear, drink driving can never be condoned. But when I see the vitriol on here, the thought does occur to me = have any of the posters ever drank and then driven whilst likely over the limit? If so, you might want to ponder, "there by the grace of God".
Never have and never will. And have taken keys off a few people that have been drinking and about to get into a car and drive.

The way I see it is if he was close to the limit he would have stayed at the scene. If he knew he was well over he should have got a taxi. He could certainly afford it at the time. Yes accidents happen. But he ran away and hid. The actions of a coward and absolute wanker.

robbiekeane

Would any of the posters here flee the scene of a fatal accident just to save their own skin?

Users who are viewing this thread