Lincoln (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
There are plenty of decent pubs in the town, go on the brayford waterfront and the weatherspoons is away pub. I believe the golden cross lower end of high st about 10 minute walk from station and less than 5 to ground, is away pub also. Mailbox on upper high st is decent and worth a visit

oscillatewildly

Gutted to be missing this one owing to reasons beyond my control. Would have loved to not just tick off another ground but visit a city I have only ever bypassed for the best part of forty years. I'll catch this fixture next season tho. No disrespect to LCFC but I sadly predict it will be in this very same division.

tskezz

There are plenty of decent pubs in the town, go on the brayford waterfront and the weatherspoons is away pub. I believe the golden cross lower end of high st about 10 minute walk from station and less than 5 to ground, is away pub also. Mailbox on upper high st is decent and worth a visit
nice one, ill have a google but do they have Sky for the early game do you know?

Adge

Gutted to be missing this one owing to reasons beyond my control. Would have loved to not just tick off another ground but visit a city I have only ever bypassed for the best part of forty years. I'll catch this fixture next season tho. No disrespect to LCFC but I sadly predict it will be in this very same division.
Tut tut Michael. Excuses excuses!

smileycov

Facebook User
nice one, ill have a google but do they have Sky for the early game do you know?
The cross does, definitely also on the brayford further down towards the Hilton hotel is a massive sports bar

smileycov

Facebook User
Sorry but the mailbox and the Cheltenham which is opposite both have sky, it isn’t a confusing town to walk around either so easy to find both pubs

There are plenty of decent pubs in the town, go on the brayford waterfront and the weatherspoons is away pub. I believe the golden cross lower end of high st about 10 minute walk from station and less than 5 to ground, is away pub also.

The Golden Cross is predominatley a home pub as one would expect due to its proximity to Sincil Bank, but I believe away fans are welcome. A bit further down the High Street on the opposite side of the road is the CAMRA listed Golden Eagle. I would say both are closer to a 15 mins walk from Central Stn. Or one could soak up the atmosphere in the fan zone behind the BM stand and enjoy a 12" Lincolnshire sausage!

Last edited:

no_loyalty

The Golden Cross is predominatley a home pub as one would expect due to its proximity to Sincil Bank, but I believe away fans are welcome. A bit further down the High Street on the opposite side of the road is the CAMRA listed Golden Eagle. I would say both are closer to a 15 mins walk from Central Stn. Or one could soak up the atmosphere in the fan zone behind the BM stand and enjoy a 12" Lincolnshire sausage!

Is there plenty of street parking near to the ground?

smileycov

Facebook User
Is there plenty of street parking near to the ground?
Before the high st starts is a park, South Park, Park there for small fee or go back on yourself up cross o’cliffe hill and you can park just up there 10 minute walk, some side streets up the high st lower are okay but hit n miss for space

ccfchoi87

Got a link?

Lincoln City Forum - Coventry tickets

Most on there are sensible enough. They only have a problem with our fans getting a ticket and a Lincoln fan missing out which is fair enough. Most realise we wouldn't go there and cause trouble. However I don't think they have realised that plenty will be in the home end as I know several outside of Coventry who have tickets there. Maybe that's why they've sold out!

oucho

12 inch sausage - now you're talking my language!!!!

Never been in the Golden Cross though I heard it had a "bit of a rep" - any good i.e. for a non-matchday?

no_loyalty

Not really, unless you get there really early. Park on the South Common for £3 is the best bet.

Thanks for info.

I'm looking to get there for 1pm, have looked at Shakespeare Street and Little Bargate Street, on google street view

Cross o’cliffe hill

Have you been up there recently? Double yellows nearly all the way up the hill to BBH.

South Park Common for three quid is the best option. If you are early enough, say before midday South Park road which runs parrel to South Park Ave has no parking restictions and is about a 5mins walk to SB.

oucho

Have you been up there recently? Double yellows nearly all the way up the hill to BBH.

South Park Common for three quid is the best option. If you are early enough, say before midday South Park road which runs parrel to South Park Ave has no parking restictions and is about a 5mins walk to SB.
Sorry if I am being a bit slow on the uptake...are you a Lincoln fan on here to give help, or a CCFC fan who lives in Lincoln?

no_loyalty

Sorry if I am being a bit slow on the uptake...are you a Lincoln fan on here to give help, or a CCFC fan who lives in Lincoln?

Going by his or her username, they are 100% Lincoln FC

Sky Blue Harry H

Going by his or her username, they are 100% Lincoln FC

th

smileycov

Facebook User
SB.
I live in bracebridge Heath, double yellow lower but then it’s okay, then yellow again then clear once more. Should be good for a space...£3 is another beer lol

oucho

Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news but in Lincoln this morning we had a very heavy frost - LCFC do not have undersoil heating, so hopefully there won't be a repeat tomorrow which puts the game at risk. BBC weather says it'll be down to 4 degrees overnight here which hopefully won't mean an unplayable pitch.

oucho

oucho, you never got an invite then?
I live in Lincoln so no need for the train for moi....this is the only game of the season where I can walk to the ground from my house (via a few pubs of course)!

Hate to be the bearer of possible bad news but in Lincoln this morning we had a very heavy frost - LCFC do not have undersoil heating, so hopefully there won't be a repeat tomorrow which puts the game at risk. BBC weather says it'll be down to 4 degrees overnight here which hopefully won't mean an unplayable pitch.

No under soil heating, but insulated covers. It'll be fine.

smileycov

Facebook User
okay Micheal Fish !!

steve82

Bit early In the year to worry about frozen pitches only surface frosts at the minute. Would need a sustained spell of cold weather to get into the ground yet.

Users who are viewing this thread