Liv v Man C (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

It was anybody but Barcelona for me so happy after last night and don’t care who wins it

Grendel

Never can understand why people would not want another English team to win over some foreign team.
Obviously discount those that support a particular foreign team. (Even if they have never been)
Is it jealousy ?

Same I guess why would some people want an outsider rugby club from another city do better than the one that’s been in the city for a century and more.

Weird isn’t it?

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Man City are a very good team but as yet not a great one. Ex players and the media have gone over the top over this current Man City side, saying they're the best the Premier has ever seen and so on. I can see Spurs beating them on Saturday, but they will be champions shortly after no doubt. They're so far ahead of the chasing pack,but could it be that they haven't got much in opposition ?

eastwoodsdustman

Just before my time. You know full well what I meant re us in Europe after winning the fa cup.
Plenty of stuff going on last time they got to the final in Istanbul too but it’s never their fault is it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Man City are a very good team but as yet not a great one. Ex players and the media have gone over the top over this current Man City side, saying they're the best the Premier has ever seen and so on. I can see Spurs beating them on Saturday, but they will be champions shortly after no doubt. They're so far ahead of the chasing pack,but could it be that they haven't got much in opposition ?

I think they are the best premier/premiership team ever and will probably be even better next year as they will spend again in the summer and their new players will have had a year to get used to it here.

Terry Gibson's perm

Better than the Arsenal Invincibles, and the treble winning Man Utd side ?

Yes the Arsenal side drew a lot of games and both would struggle with the pace from this side. Man City will win this with record points and probably points difference

bringbackrattles

Yes the Arsenal side drew a lot of games and both would struggle with the pace from this side. Man City will win this with record points and probably points difference
Fair and valid points. I wrote an article last year on the Mighty Magyars the great Hungarian side in the 50's for Late Tackle magazine, that side with Puskas in it. They were awesome but never won the World Cup losing out to the Germans in the final. A fellow writer wrote as they never won the biggest tournament they can't be called the greatest team ever. It is a difficult subject !

SlowerThanPlatt

Interesting watch earlier on Sky Sports ‘The Debate’ which I’d recommend to anyone on here. It comes out in podcast format too. Wide variety of guests on every day Danny Murphy, Bellamy, Ian Wright, Wise and Pearce. Bellamy said when he was playing for Liverpool they had the belief they could beat anyone in the Champions League purely because of their prestige in the competition and Man City as a club don’t have that type of expectation or belief so the game was already in Liverpool’s favour before a ball had been kicked

SBAndy

Never can understand why people would not want another English team to win over some foreign team.
Obviously discount those that support a particular foreign team. (Even if they have never been)
Is it jealousy ?

A lot of what you say generally I disagree with, but on this point I couldn't agree more. Tribalism in football IMO has increased tenfold since the introduction of social media and the constant barbs toward a rival club of the club you support over 100 miles away. It's mad.

Liquid Gold

A lot of what you say generally I disagree with, but on this point I couldn't agree more. Tribalism in football IMO has increased tenfold since the introduction of social media and the constant barbs toward a rival club of the club you support over 100 miles away. It's mad.
Yeah it was a lot less intense 30 years ago when they used to just kick this shit out of one another every Saturday instead...

Ian1779

I don't think Man City will dominate as much as some people suggest. I hope other teams will wise up and realise that you need to have a go at them as defensively they are weaker - which seems to be the case for nearly every Prem team.

Also as much as Spurs and Liverpool play great football they have won fuck all for years and years - and people keep slating Wenger for only 3 trophies in 5 years...

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
After CCFC, I have a strong affinity to Liverpool FC. No, I'm not from the city, no I've never lived there and no, I don't even know anyone from Liverpool. It just stems from the 1970's when I enjoyed watching them as a great team with players like Rush, Heighway, Dalgleish, Clemence, Hansen, Souness, Kennedy etc.... I really couldn't give two f**ks what people think. There's no harm in following a 2nd team. It's just an interest after all.

bringbackrattles

After CCFC, I have a strong affinity to Liverpool FC. No, I'm not from the city, no I've never lived there and no, I don't even know anyone from Liverpool. It just stems from the 1970's when I enjoyed watching them as a great team with players like Rush, Heighway, Dalgleish, Clemence, Hansen, Souness, Kennedy etc.... I really couldn't give two f**ks what people think. There's no harm in following a 2nd team. It's just an interest after all.
We were talking about this in the pub not long ago. What second team have we got,if we have one that is ?
Celtic/Rangers were mentioned,Chelsea and Liverpool too. When I was asked I said I've always liked Fulham as a club. This was met with why not a big team ? I went to a Cov away match at Craven Cottage in the 70's when you were ready for a punch up most games, but I was surprised at how laid back it all was, we were amongst their fans and they were having banter with us etc. The ground was old fashioned even then,but the Thames ran alongside and the whole day there stuck with me. So they have never been a great club, but they may be going up this season ? Obviously Cov City are number one for me, but you can "like" another club.

Users who are viewing this thread