Loan Watch (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

No, but I think people are underestimating how much damage his signing has done. People making apologies for him based on him being a nice guy who works hard seems bizarre to me.

Has it done more financial damage than the failed signings of Hiwulla and Baka, for example?

shmmeee

Think Hilßner is the only Robins first team signing that’s never played a first team game. Anyone else?

Grendel

Think Hilßner is the only Robins first team signing that’s never played a first team game. Anyone else?

Doubt many players are across most managers other than keepers

Atkinson signed someone called Callista who never played

ceetee

There was a lad a few years ago, who we bought in and immediately loaned to a Scottish team. I don't think he ever kicked a ball on a Cov shirt

Frostie

No, but I think people are underestimating how much damage his signing has done. People making apologies for him based on him being a nice guy who works hard seems bizarre to me.

Not really the player's fault that though is it?

Grendel

Not really the player's fault that though is it?

Weve had plenty worse than hillsner in terms of wasted money. Kevin Drinkell anyone?

SBT

Hiwula and Baka both at least played a part in our promotion season. Couple of important goals in there.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Comparing those two - who each scored important goals that won us points - to Hilssner (who has literally never played and could well earn more than both of them combined) is bizarre. Hiwula was our top scorer three seasons ago!

Grendel

Comparing those two - who each scored important goals that won us points - to Hilssner (who has literally never played and could well earn more than both of them combined) is bizarre. Hiwula was our top scorer three seasons ago!

Hillsner is a fringe player at best. We’ve had a load of players who were a bigger waste of money than him

Grendel

He’s been crap, but he’s at least actually done the job he’s paid to do, and he’ll be mostly (if not entirely) off the wage bill after one year.

His one years wages will have cost as much as hillsner over 3 years abs we will I’m sure be paying for him to play somewhere else next season

Grendel

Sad news for him.

Also dreadful news for us in terms of rebuilding the squad next season - hard to see how we get him off the wage bill now. He will surely go down as Robins’ worst ever signing here.

You’d also have to say Robins probably didn’t actually ever look at him and he was signed on recommendation

Waghorn was definitely a Robins signing

SBT

His one years wages will have cost as much as hillsner over 3 years abs we will I’m sure be paying for him to play somewhere else next season

Waghorn has at least given us some kind of return though. Unless you think it’s better to pay someone to do nothing than it is to pay them for an underwhelming job.

If we are indeed still paying Waghorn next season then he may well end up being the worst Robins era signing. Although he seems like a nice guy who tries hard in training though - apparently that’s important to some people.

SmithyCCFC

Sad news for him.

Also dreadful news for us in terms of rebuilding the squad next season - hard to see how we get him off the wage bill now. He will surely go down as Robins’ worst ever signing here.

This is a really cruel comment. A player who by all accounts has worked hard for us has suffered a career threatening injury and all you are concerned about is our wage bill? Shocking

PUSB-We_are_going_up

This is a really cruel comment. A player who by all accounts has worked hard for us has suffered a career threatening injury and all you are concerned about is our wage bill? Shocking
Its not cruel if its better for both club and player to part ways, but when the player is very unlikely to get a club due to high wages for the level of player he is it is a concern from both views where he will go as nowhere will pay the wages unless he gets a significant decrease or goes to Sunderland

Users who are viewing this thread