Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Waghorn has at least given us some kind of return though. Unless you think it’s better to pay someone to do nothing than it is to pay them for an underwhelming job.

If we are indeed still paying Waghorn next season then he may well end up being the worst Robins era signing. Although he seems like a nice guy who tries hard in training though - apparently that’s important to some people.

As a comparison to Kasta who was shit in training and couldn’t be arsed otherwise

SBT

As a comparison to Kasta who was shit in training and couldn’t be arsed otherwise

And yet even Kasta managed to do his job better than Hilssner - actually playing football for Coventry City. Did it for less money too.

I know I’m being harsh on a guy who seems to be an honest pro (albeit one who is way out of his depth) but it’s not a popularity contest.

Happy_Martian

Both Drysdale and Burroughs stayed on the bench again for Ross County for their game against Celtic. Ross lost 0-2.

Definitely a wasted loan period for both.

Terry Gibson's perm

Both Drysdale and Burroughs stayed on the bench again for Ross County for their game against Celtic. Ross lost 0-2.

Definitely a wasted loan period for both.

Would we have used them anymore though, I can’t see a use for Drysdale and haven’t seen Burroughs play.

Tea & Busquets

Would we have used them anymore though, I can’t see a use for Drysdale and haven’t seen Burroughs play.
Burroughs is quite talented, we should keep him, however Drysdale is beyond it, should be let go. We also have the younger Burroughs in the u23s, who is also quite talented, so I reckon if one leaves the other may want to follow suit.

slowpoke

Weve had plenty worse than hillsner in terms of wasted money. Kevin Drinkell anyone?
Could provide a long list Drinkell as you say, Garry Collier, Larry Lloyd, Leigh Jenkinson, Roger Van Goole, Chris Chilton, Sandy Robertson all perils of the transfer market all at the time very large fees and quite possibly highest earners there are more.
In fairness to Hillsner soon after he signed he was diagnosed with Asthma a debilitating condition, perhaps it should have been picked up at his medical but saying he is “stealing” a living is very harsh now it sounds like he has an ACL if that is attatched to his Asthma perhaps we can claim compensation on player insurance we might be doing that now wages wise.

Last edited:

Grendel

Could provide a long list Drinkell as you say, Garry Collier, Larry Lloyd, Leigh Jenkinson, Roger Van Goole, Chris Chilton, Sandy Robertson all perils of the transfer market all at the time very large fees and quite possibly highest earners there are more.
In fairness to Hillsner soon after he signed he was diagnosed with Asthma a debilitating condition, perhaps it should have been picked up at his medical but saying he is “stealing” a living is very harsh now it sounds like he has an ACL if that is attatched to his Asthma perhaps we can claim compensation on player insurance we might be doing that now wages wise.

Collier and David Jones what a great coup that was at the time

Terry_dactyl

Keith O’Neill!

slowpoke

Collier and David Jones what a great coup that was at the time
I forgot Jones him and Collier cost us well over half a million quid what would that be the equivalent of today ? Collier played 2 games Jones 11. Think we got a bit back flogging Collier to an American team.

Evo1883

Cowley admitting the walker loan hasn't worked out .. he scored a fair few at Lincoln in his half season but by all accounts he played as a false 9

wingy

Kneeza

Keith O’Neill!
Van Gooly-bollocks as my late friend used to call him. He was awful, but I knew people that actually rated him. Nowt so queer as folk.

Hertsccfc

Van Gooly-bollocks as my late friend used to call him. He was awful, but I knew people that actually rated him. Nowt so queer as folk.
He was very poor for us but I remember him having one quite good game against Leicester at Filbert Street.

skyblueelephant76

Runar Norman can be added to the list. I was also going to say Laurent Delorge but apparently he started 28 games in our first season in the championship (although I don't remember anything he did).

Terry_dactyl

Runar Norman can be added to the list. I was also going to say Laurent Delorge but apparently he started 28 games in our first season in the championship (although I don't remember anything he did).
Didn’t he start looking like a world beater for a couple of games? Then went back to looking like a panel beater.

jamboy

Can’t believe Terry Butcher has escaped this list. Got to have been our highest ever earner (relative at the time). Refused to renegotiate his salary once he retired as a player, after only 6 appearances. Signed his pals and lost the dressing room for good measure.

slowpoke

Try and find the European Cup semi final when he was fantastic for Cologne against Forest at the City Ground.
He was ripped Forest apart. It was fashionable to buy foriegn at the time most first division clubs had at least one, some good players like Ozzie Ardilles, Arnold Murren, Franz Thysen but as per usual we got the dud.

The Philosopher

I really thought this lad would play at the highest level
Pask always seemed ok and had enough physicality about him as well as a good youth background. Did something go on behind the scenes? I put him ahead of Drysdale as back up / squad player.

I guess we will be able to attract better quality as an established Champ team now.

better days

Pask always seemed ok and had enough physicality about him as well as a good youth background. Did something go on behind the scenes? I put him ahead of Drysdale as back up / squad player.

I guess we will be able to attract better quality as an established Champ team now.
I think it's just a question of consistency
On his day he's outstanding but there are too many days when he loses concentration or makes a rash decision
There are many like him in the lower leagues

SlowerThanPlatt

Very early developer, those with more talent catched up through the age groups, see it a lot. He’ll have a career in League 2 somewhere.

SAJ

I can only assume something must have gone on as his face just didn’t seem to fit. Can’t really remember an instance where he totally let us down in games. Seemed fairly reliable and was fairly quick which from a defensive position we aren’t. I remember his first game when he scored at Birmingham and I thought we had a decent player on our hands.

KenilworthSkyBlue

He was a victim of the clubs success.

It didn't help that he also suffered a bad injury soon after being brought in which kept him out for months. As by the time he returned he was never going to get ahead of Rose/McFadz/Hyam.

Couple that with promotion to the Championship and he just was never going to make the step up.

I wasn't a fan of him last season and thought he looked way out of depth at times but there's definitely a player in there it's just about getting a few seasons under his belt and enhancing his experience.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

SlowerThanPlatt

He was a victim of the clubs success.

It didn't help that he also suffered a bad injury soon after being brought in which kept him out for months. As by the time he returned he was never going to get ahead of Rose/McFadz/Hyam.

Couple that with promotion to the Championship and he just was never going to make the step up.

I wasn't a fan of him last season and thought he looked way out of depth at times but there's definitely a player in there it's just about getting a few seasons under his belt and enhancing his experience.

Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

In the early season games MR preferred Dabo at centre back and Da Costa at right back ahead of him. If ever there was a sign the manager doesn’t want to play you…

rexo87

Is there any actual evidence for this claim? Surely he was on peanuts especially considering it was a 3 year deal.
The insider on here said he's on 4k a week which equates to us shelling out 600k on him. I could be wrong but I think we also paid a transfer fee for him

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread