Looting (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Has this always been a thing like it is now? People just running into shops, no fucks given and taking everything and walking out.

Madness.

TomRad85

Has this always been a thing like it is now? People just running into shops, no fucks given and taking everything and walking out.

Madness.
It's an American thing isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Seen some videos of it going on in London as well.

Literally just crowds of people running in and taking what they want and going.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's happening here in the US in mostly left wing run cities. Largely attributed to some ridiculous laws put in place. A severely lacking common sense approach to crime fighting if there ever was one.

shmmeee

Wasn’t there some ridiculous law somewhere with no prosecution below something like $900 in value, and it led to some ridiculous scenes. If it’s happening in London it’s probably TikTok copycats who don’t realise they’ll get a knock at 5am.

Yank

Someone can 'loot' my garage and take my lady's awful paintings and smelly fucking candles tbh.

Como

In the US in some Progressive cities it is a Misdemeanour. So basically you are booked and released. Can be quite lucrative. It has got to the point that many shops are just closing down and leaving.

Then of course anything American inevitably comes to the UK, and with the Police not interested well why not?

fernandopartridge

In the US in some Progressive cities it is a Misdemeanour. So basically you are booked and released. Can be quite lucrative. It has got to the point that many shops are just closing down and leaving.

Then of course anything American inevitably comes to the UK, and with the Police not interested well why not?
Are the videos from places where that is the case?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Seen some videos of it going on in London as well.

Literally just crowds of people running in and taking what they want and going.

We done it years ago when we were wagging school.

Got a milky way and a bottle of R Whites between about ten of us.

Didn't bother again.

jimmyhillsfanclub

It's happening here and the cause is a combination of tiktok, austerity and police rating it a lower priority than searching archived social media for nasty words.

Covkid1968#

The mix has to include large numbers of todays disaffected young adults who have no respect and want/expect something for nothing

Como

There is no end of media coverage in the US, think LA, San Fran, Chicago Portland etc.

There was one shop in DC I think Walgreens? Where the looters cleared it out several times a day. Shelves were bare.

I will look for the video later.

SBT

The looting of shops, the subject of this thread.
I don’t think he’s justifying the most blatant criminal behaviour there is

As for your claim about ordinary shoppers footing the bill, I’m not sure that’s true either

Como

Stock shortages is a cost of doing business and has to be built into the price, when it becomes too much, like any other cost it makes the business unviable.

I can see a move to a warehouse type operation, order and pay online and just have a front counter to pick up.

Ian1779

You sound as if you're justifying it?

It isn't the big corporations who own the supermarkets who foot the bill, it's the honest shoppers who are often facing hardship themselves.
I am certainly not justifying it at all. But the response and sanctions for people who loot a shop should be exactly the same as people that defraud the Treasury.

Ian1779

It should be far worse for people who defraud the treasury given the sums of money involved.
I don’t disagree, but we could start by demonising these people the way we do the looters which primarily fall in the working class bracket. The upper class ‘looters’ are often celebrated and lauded.
Michelle Mone is an excellent example of this.

clint van damme

I don’t disagree, but we could start by demonising these people the way we do the looters which primarily fall in the working class bracket. The upper class ‘looters’ are often celebrated and lauded.
Michelle Mone is an excellent example of this.

First person who comes to my mind when these types of people are discussed, her and her husband are vermin.

pusbccfc

Find it mental going into the Co Op and seeing bars of Cadbury and blocks of cheese covered in security boxes.

Ultimately, we live in a society where police are under pressure and not financed properly to deal with it and where many people are struggling to pay for their kids to eat...

SBAndy

Stock shortages is a cost of doing business and has to be built into the price, when it becomes too much, like any other cost it makes the business unviable.

I can see a move to a warehouse type operation, order and pay online and just have a front counter to pick up.

Turns out Argos were right all along.

Greggs

Them dang land pirates and their rambo knives again. We've done well letting so many Somalians into the beautiful country of ours.....

shmmeee

Find it mental going into the Co Op and seeing bars of Cadbury and blocks of cheese covered in security boxes.

Ultimately, we live in a society where police are under pressure and not financed properly to deal with it and where many people are struggling to pay for their kids to eat...

Lets be honest here. It’s not people stealing to eat.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Lets be honest here. It’s not people stealing to eat.

no...but there's a rapidly growing market for stolen food.

People hawking stolen meat, cheese & coffee in pubs & out the boot of cars in the same way they used to sell sportswear and makeup.

Users who are viewing this thread