Lose in the Cup Semi or lose the Playoff Final? (1 Viewer)

Which would you rather?

• Not make playoffs, lose at Wembley in FA cup SF

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • Lose to Wolves, lose at Wembley in the playoff final

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

SBT

Bla bla bla, it would hurt more to lose the playoffs at Wembley than a FA Cup semi, we all get it. But you want the team to achieve as much as possible - reaching the playoff final is a much greater achievement than beating Wolves. And the road to the playoff final itself would be pure magic.

shmmeee

Bla bla bla, it would hurt more to lose the playoffs at Wembley than a FA Cup semi, we all get it. But you want the team to achieve as much as possible - reaching the playoff final is a much greater achievement than beating Wolves. And the road to the playoff final itself would be pure magic.

Not just that. It’s two weeks off preseason, it essentially gets us nothing if we don’t go up, and we did it all last year.

This would be only the second FA Cup semi in my life and the first since I started supporting City proper.

pusbccfc

I think a trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final would be far more enjoyable than a play off.

If would be similar to the Checkatrade. A day on the beer backing the players and the result is secondary.

The play offs last season were tense. It was too meaningful to truly enjoy.

SBT

Not just that. It’s two weeks off preseason, it essentially gets us nothing if we don’t go up, and we did it all last year.
Didn’t we get loads of revenue from prize money and ticket sales?

Loss aversion is the only real reason to say you’d rather miss the playoffs and lose an FA Cup semifinal imo

Otis

I think a trip to Wembley for an FA Cup semi final would be far more enjoyable than a play off.

If would be similar to the Checkatrade. A day on the beer backing the players and the result is secondary.

The play offs last season were tense. It was too meaningful to truly enjoy.
Certainly be a lot less stressful and just treated like a day out in the sun.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's a no brainer. Lose the cup semi final and win promotion.

hill83

So are we saying the FA Cup isn’t more important than promotion now? I can’t keep up.

shmmeee

I think the point my insomniac brain was trying to make is that Playoffs are really only enjoyable IMO if you win them, but the lack of pressure and novelty teams in the FA Cup mean the journey itself is fun.

hill83

I think the point my insomniac brain was trying to make is that Playoffs are really only enjoyable IMO if you win them, but the lack of pressure and novelty teams in the FA Cup mean the journey itself is fun.

Because the league is more important

Calista

Why is the question about losing in the semi-final rather than the FA Cup final itself? We're giving Hill far too many open goals here ;)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So are we saying the FA Cup isn’t more important than promotion now? I can’t keep up.
The title question has changed.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I would rather win the FA Cup and not get promoted to the Premier League for 10 years
Absolutely spot on. No one says " I remember your lot winning promotion blah blah years ago. "
The cup's burned on your soul forever.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It really hasn’t 😂
You're not really giving anyone much choice . Do you want to lose or do you want to lose . So I'm going to up the stakes a bit with a new thread !

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Play at Wembley against say, Man City or Liverpool and get hammered, no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread