Match Thread Luton Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 28th Oct (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

Luton would have smashed us if they had a goalscorer like James Collins in the team
Ah but did he give his all?
Gave my brothers ticket to his uncle who had seats in Luton end.
Said the lad was desperate to play for us!

torchomatic

What a great result. My birthday today too.

Presumably it'll be pretty quiet on here this evening without anything to moan about.

letsallsingtogether

I have something to moan about.
Ran out of hot food before kick off and next lot wernt ready till after second half kicked off.

Bloody shithole.

steveo1987

Very bitter on their forum.I don't know who they think they are but they are not happy.Quite a few think we are one of the worst sides to ever play against them,Coventry are wretched was another.A few think we were very lucky to win.It was 3-0 wasn't it,that's a tonking in my book.

Great_Expectations

Ah but did he give his all?
Gave my brothers ticket to his uncle who had seats in Luton end.
Said the lad was desperate to play for us!

I’ve always kept quiet whenever he’s been mentioned. But, in the spirit of us all being happy because we actually scored AND won, this is 100% true. I played with James for years, he’s a massive Cov fan and would love to play for us.

lifeskyblue

Very bitter on their forum.I don't know who they think they are but they are not happy.Quite a few think we are one of the worst sides to ever play against them,Coventry are wretched was another.A few think we were very lucky to win.It was 3-0 wasn't it,that's a tonking in my book.

Hahahaha...let’s keep hoping they think they just need to turn up to win games. It never was like that and never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Celebrating in ibiza what a great end to the week, gutted to have missed this game. Listening on ifollow was nerve racking.

How did sparky mcnulty play?

Mark Robins take a bow. Brave to drop Nazon snd kept faith with sparky.

As i have always said he will come good!

Pusb

Londonccfcfan

Look forward to the ratings from those there. Especially how Jp and tge substitutes Max and the duke played.

Sounds like max played well, holding it up and setting up the goal on counter.

SkyBlueSoul

Was in the Luton end and they felt very aggrieved. Hylton should have scored that chance from 6 yards out but my mates agree we probably edged it. Not a 3-0 game though.

Makes it all the more frustrating that we can’t sacrifice one CDM in the games against lesser teams and give it a go

letsallsingtogether

All on all a very entertaining game.
Good win can't fault any of our players so will give them all an 8.

Irish Sky Blue

First time today that in over 50 years of watching I haven't cheered a Coventry goal. At 2-0 I was on to win £180. Nazon sticks the ball in the net and it disappears. The moral of the story is don't bet on a score for your team as it is never right not wanting them to score. Learnt my lesson.

DannyThomas_1981

A really decent team performance and the best game I have seen this season.

It was intense and end to end after half time. The free kick to make it 2-0 had me jumping around like a maniac. Doesn't happen often. I believe in this team and see good things ahead.

Defence outstanding again. Willis does the simple things very well and his athleticism and pace are essential to this team. Rod back on top form. What a signing. Grimmer another very well judged signing. Personally I rate Haynes highly and he has added another dimension to the team with his go forward attacking sense. His part in the first goal should not be overlooked. He created the space for Jones to measure the cross perfectly through his overlapping run.

Impressed again by Doyle and Kelly. They give us a strong foothold in the middle of the park. Seeing more now of Kelly in a more advanced passing role and that is important. My view is that Kelly was rushed back a little too early a few games back but is now fully fit and driving this team forward. His pass to Jones leading to the opening goal was excellent.

Jones is not dominating games as he did at the start of the season but he put in a mature and effective performance. I've not seen the stats but he must be right up there with the best in L2 for assists. He's brilliantly suited to a counter attacking game and again showed his value today. Having Haynes there pulling defenders away really helps him as well. I like the combinations that are developing across the team (Haynes/Jones, Kelly/Doyle, Rod/Willis).

My only real doubt right now is on the right side. Grimmer is great but we've yet to find someone to play in front of him and offer another problem for the opposition (to attack on both sides with pace). Vincenti offers something and was ok today. But I'm still not convinced he's the solution. DKE shows potential but looks lightweight for this level. We need a pacy right winger in the next window to balance the team.

McNulty had his best game for us today. He's got pace, intelligence in how he plays and is technically one of our very best. Seeing him play with confidence and with the fans behind him will be interesting. Ponti seemed a good foil for him today and who wouldn't want to see one of our own fire us out of this league. Nazon is a bit of an enigma. He's explosive and skilful and can change games. But when he came on he left Haynes very exposed. He's not a left winger for sure. Biamou was really effective when he came on today after looking pretty average for a couple of weeks. Good to have forwards who can come off the bench and offer something different.

And most of all well done Lee Burge. Brilliant saves at key moments today and good to see the mistake against FGR has not impacted his confidence. It seems unfair that his one mistake against FGR attracted pages of criticism and hysteria whilst his game changing saves today will pretty much go unnoticed.

And as someone who is watching the games on I-Follow it was brilliant to see our fans united, loud and passionate. It shows what can be achieved when everyone sticks together. Loved the fist pumps from Robins at the end. A great day. LAST.

SkyBlueSoul

First time today that in over 50 years of watching I haven't cheered a Coventry goal. At 2-0 I was on to win £180. Nazon sticks the ball in the net and it disappears. The moral of the story is don't bet on a score for your team as it is never right not wanting them to score. Learnt my lesson.

I was the same. Had City at 1-0, didn’t know how to react to Shipley’s goal!

itsabuzzard

Just back in from work and well, fuck me, what a great result! Ready to tuck in to a large helping of humble pie - got the score spot on, but not quite the right way round...my defence is that I was assuming that MR would persist with the same personnel and tactics . Well done him for shaking things up a bit. For those who had the pleasure of being there, do you think JP's inclusion from the start galvanised the front line? Just asking.
I've now got the perfect excuse for washing down my humble pie with a few refreshments. Cheers, all you Sky Blues!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

A really decent team performance and the best game I have seen this season.

It was intense and end to end after half time. The free kick to make it 2-0 had me jumping around like a maniac. Doesn't happen often. I believe in this team and see good things ahead.

Defence outstanding again. Willis does the simple things very well and his athleticism and pace are essential to this team. Rod back on top form. What a signing. Grimmer another very well judged signing. Personally I rate Haynes highly and he has added another dimension to the team with his go forward attacking sense. His part in the first goal should not be overlooked. He created the space for Jones to measure the cross perfectly through his overlapping run.

Impressed again by Doyle and Kelly. They give us a strong foothold in the middle of the park. Seeing more now of Kelly in a more advanced passing role and that is important. My view is that Kelly was rushed back a little too early a few games back but is now fully fit and driving this team forward. His pass to Jones leading to the opening goal was excellent.

Jones is not dominating games as he did at the start of the season but he put in a mature and effective performance. I've not seen the stats but he must be right up there with the best in L2 for assists. He's brilliantly suited to a counter attacking game and again showed his value today. Having Haynes there pulling defenders away really helps him as well. I like the combinations that are developing across the team (Haynes/Jones, Kelly/Doyle, Rod/Willis).

My only real doubt right now is on the right side. Grimmer is great but we've yet to find someone to play in front of him and offer another problem for the opposition (to attack on both sides with pace). Vincenti offers something and was ok today. But I'm still not convinced he's the solution. DKE shows potential but looks lightweight for this level. We need a pacy right winger in the next window to balance the team.

McNulty had his best game for us today. He's got pace, intelligence in how he plays and is technically one of our very best. Seeing him play with confidence and with the fans behind him will be interesting. Ponti seemed a good foil for him today and who wouldn't want to see one of our own fire us out of this league. Nazon is a bit of an enigma. He's explosive and skilful and can change games. But when he came on he left Haynes very exposed. He's not a left winger for sure. Biamou was really effective when he came on today after looking pretty average for a couple of weeks. Good to have forwards who can come off the bench and offer something different.

And most of all well done Lee Burge. Brilliant saves at key moments today and good to see the mistake against FGR has not impacted his confidence. It seems unfair that his one mistake against FGR attracted pages of criticism and hysteria whilst his game changing saves today will pretty much go unnoticed.

And as someone who is watching the games on I-Follow it was brilliant to see our fans united, loud and passionate. It shows what can be achieved when everyone sticks together. Loved the fist pumps from Robins at the end. A great day. LAST.

Excellent post thank you

letsallsingtogether

I was sitting on the front row when the last goal went in got my glasses knocked off and they landed on the running track.
Must have been my lucky day as only one player stood on them not even a scratch on them :)

Users who are viewing this thread