Mark Robins at the game last night (1 Viewer)

The telegraph reported that the poison dwarf, the one with sky blue blood running through his veins, was at Sixfields last night.
Given that Cyrus Christie was missing last night who is he likely to be showing an unwelcome interest in?

duffer

Surely if Mark Robins had sky blue blood he'd have been stood on the hill?

(I'm just saying this to wind up torchy btw, wait for the bite). ;)

shmmeee

I'd say any of our team would interest a lower Championship team, apart from maybe Webster (just due to age), but yeah, apparently he was looking at an Orient player.

ajsccfc

Everything he did for us was ruined by his fake commitment talk. I can understand why he'd have left, but don't fob us off with bullshit a few days before you do.

stupot07

He has sky blue blood, so I can only assume he was their as a fan and to buy a new home shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

bringbackrattles

Robbins turned out to be two faced that's why he is disliked.
But why bother about him as we now have a decent manager who is doing a great job.
Robbins is irrelevant to us now we should save our energy on praising Pressley,we have a manager who can turn out to be one of the best we have had for many years.

mark82

To be fair with what has happened since I can maybe understand why he left. He must have known it was on the cards and seemingly would have stayed if he was given assurances. Maybe that was that we didn't get put into admin and weren't moved away from Coventry. Who knows?

Anyway, I honestly believe it has turned out for the best for us anyway. I wasn't convinced by Pressley to start but he has proved me wrong.

I don't blame him one little bit for walking away when it became clear what sisu were up to.

Best manager we have had since Sillett.

I've said it before and still maintain it was McGoldrick and his goals who transformed our team and his signing was arranged prior to Robins taking up his post.
It was after the departure of McGoldrick that our season went into decline while Robins remained as manager.
He may well have been a half decent manager but not the great messiah that many people think he was but more of a disloyal little toerag.
By the way I've now been assured that Robins was not at the match on a scouting mission but was one of many given a free ticket in order to make the attendance figure seem respectable. That's cleared that one up then.;)

mds

Didnt like him before he came, he did ok, started coming round to him, he left, still dont like him!

bringbackrattles

Let's hope Pressley who has said many times he loves it here and wants to achieve things with Coventry City,doesn't turn into another Robbins if an offer comes in from a bigger club ?We may lose players come January but to lose our best manager for such a long time would be yet another kick in the teeth.

ajsccfc

I don't blame him one little bit for walking away when it became clear what sisu were up to.

Best manager we have had since Sillett.

Ha, of course. What a hero he is because he opposed the evil owners and didn't just have his head turned two minutes after waxing lyrical about how much the club now meant to him.

I agree...he opened the door for Pressley....far better manager in my opinion and I believe will prove a lot more loyal....wouldn't surprise me if Palace came after him though!

Totally agree but I think that the Palace job would be a step too far at this point in time.
A struggling Championship side or decent League One club will probably be monitoring his progress though.
Quite apart from his football coaching prowess he comes across as a thoroughly nice and sincere bloke unlike Robbins whose personality always seemed questionable to me at least.

standupforcity

Totally agree but I think that the Palace job would be a step too far at this point in time.
A struggling Championship side or decent League One club will probably be monitoring his progress though.
Quite apart from his football coaching prowess he comes across as a thoroughly nice and sincere bloke unlike Robbins whose personality always seemed questionable to me at least.

My sentiments completely.....best thing that's happened too city in years....not surprising the team are doing so well...a pleasure to work with I'd guess.

J

Jack Griffin

I agree...he opened the door for Pressley....far better manager in my opinion and I believe will prove a lot more loyal....wouldn't surprise me if Palace came after him though!

I doubt that, but the better he does the more likelihood of offers coming in & those offers will certainly be from clubs in less turmoil.

torchomatic

I thought he was only interested in his wallet. He could have done that at home surely?

The telegraph reported that the poison dwarf, the one with sky blue blood running through his veins, was at Sixfields last night.
Given that Cyrus Christie was missing last night who is he likely to be showing an unwelcome interest in?

MR was more important in our form than McG ever was, because MR built a system which players like Baker, Moussa, McG could prosper, the thing is about MR, was too conservative at home and after McG left, he didn't mix up a team that was performing poorly, leaving out the likes of Fleck, Thomas and Barton. In the absence of McG, what we needed to was have more of an attacking minded midfield, having the likes of Fleck and Thomas in there, that could link up play, and create opportunities for Leon because Bailey and Jennings were becoming very sloppy on the ball and that was detrimental to us, in my view.

My point entirely, MR didn't have a clue in knowing how to adapt when McGoldrick left and he certainly didn't get the best out of Clarke who was also scoring goals for fun at lowly Scunthorpe.

Gint11

I agree with the point that Robins was talking a good game but it was McGoldrick and his goals that brought a feel good factor back to us, not Robins. I feel now SP has done far more in his short time at the club.

Stafford_SkBlue

If i was a manager i would be looking at Vincelot, he controlled midfield on Tuesday, even after taking an early booking, without him we would have totally overrun Orient on Tuesday.

skybluelee

Ha, of course. What a hero he is because he opposed the evil owners and didn't just have his head turned two minutes after waxing lyrical about how much the club now meant to him.

Didn't say he was a hero. But I wouldn't have blamed any manager for walking away with what sisu were doing at the time. At least SP knew what he was walking into.

luwalla

take your pick on who he might have been looking at.. moussa, baker, clarke, wilson, vincelot.. there was a lot of league one talent on that pitch tuesday!

ajsccfc

Didn't say he was a hero. But I wouldn't have blamed any manager for walking away with what sisu were doing at the time. At least SP knew what he was walking into.

If Robins had anything about him at all or even an internet connection, he would have known too. The man fucked us over.

skybluebal

If Robins had anything about him at all or even an internet connection, he would have known too. The man fucked us over.

So an employee got a much better job offer with more security and prospects (I expect) and you criticise him for taking the job offer! For once the manager took control of his own destiny. The only time I have seen outpouring of disgust when one of our managers was sacked was Eric Black, didn't change anything. Robins could have picked his words better, but he did stabilise the team and brought some great times back to the club - 5000 @ MK Dons is what he brought to the club. SP has taken us on another level and he would not be here if MR had not left. So perhaps we might now be saying thanks Mark for making the room for Steve.

ajsccfc

So an employee got a much better job offer with more security and prospects (I expect) and you criticise him for taking the job offer!

Not at all. As already posted:

I can understand why he'd have left, but don't fob us off with bullshit a few days before you do.

Don't come out with emotional claptrap if that's all it is.

I particular don't agree that he deserves thanks for the knife in the back just because it allowed Steven Pressley to pull it out.

Fuck Mark Robins.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread