Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

Lancs85

Just quickly and I apologise if someone has already asked this but does anyone now blame Robins from getting out when he had the chance as I’m guessing he had a very good idea this was going to happen. I sure don’t and 95% others I’m sure would have done the same thing. Sorry to go back on old things.

jimmyhillsfanclub

All this shit was just convenient for MR in my humble opinion....

he left for more cash in his pocket & more cash t oinvest in a team plying their trade at a higher level....

...he would've gone anyway.

....lets also not allow his brief spell to become a "myth of excellence"....

...he took charge of a squad more than capable of a top 6 finish that just happened to be massively under-achieving under Thorn & Shaw...

....I'm pretty confident that there are many many average lower league managers that could have "achieved" what MR did in his time here.

Last edited:

Mr T - Sukka!

To be honest we have completley moved on from this now, no one even speaks of him now. We have enough worries going on at the moment.

It doesnt bother me that he is gone now, no more it bothers me that Coleman is managing Wales.

Im sure Robins does not miss us. He got a himself a bigger club and moved on.

gouldberg

I don't blame him now and I didn't blame him one jot at the time either. Strangely though it's now for differing reasons.

Originally, I didn't blame him because football is a business (you may or may not like that fact but it's true) and he is just an employee at a company. He was doing a job, and he had a better offer come through from a better company offering better wages. If Robins worked at Homebase and was offered a job at B&Q doing exactly the same thing for more money, nobody would question him leaving. Since it's football though, it should be completely different, and he should adore his club regardless of wage (apparently). The whole loyalty in football thing is nonsense. Owners treat managers like dirt, managers sometimes treat players like dirt (the treatment of Marcus Hall in his latter days springs to mind), and players treat clubs like dirt. It's a vicious cycle and until those at the top (club owners) show more loyalty, why should the staff under the company show loyalty back?

Anyway, that's why I had no issues with him leaving before. Now though, I have no issues with him leaving because it is 100% clear as day that what he said about asking for assurances and not getting them is in my mind true (I may be incorrect, but my opinion is that his answer has merit). He seems to have jumped from the sinking ship the second the captain refused to say they hadn't hit an iceberg. He has to have his job security at heart and it seems to me that the long term security of this club is currently in jeopardy. Actually, it seems that the SHORT-term security of the club is looking pretty bleak! We can't be sure exactly what assurances Robins was seeking, but considering there are financial troubles hanging over us and considering the current rent problem too, I really don't blame him for leaving.

Last edited:

Ashdown1

Robins left primarily for a big jump in salary I expect but if your employer was rocking and you had received a good offer elsewhere you'd have to be a mug to sit and wait for them to go bust !!

hill83

To be honest we have completley moved on from this now, no one even speaks of him now. We have enough worries going on at the moment.

It doesnt bother me that he is gone now, no more it bothers me that Coleman is managing Wales.

Im sure Robins does not miss us. He got a himself a bigger club and moved on.

A club currently in a better position than us. But bigger? No chance.

LastGarrison

If he wouldn't have come out with all the cringeworthy sky blue blood in his veins shit in the first place it wouldn't have been that a big deal at the time that everyone made it.

His own stupid arse fault he got as much grief as he did. Not that I really think he gives a fuck.

cathedraltospare

I don't blame him. I was angry at the time because of the sky blue blood stuff and it finally seeming as if we had some real optimism in the club.

I wasn't angry for long. He knew this was on the horizon and was offered more money to manage a team in a higher league that is closer to his family. No brainer. Don't blame him.

Perhaps his good record was down to a McGoldrick hot streak and he knew it a bit. Why risk being bogged down at a club in this much turmoil when he can jump ship and continue his own career.

Good luck to him. I was angry with him, but not for long...

rupert_bear

He left for a number of reasons in my opinion, obviously the situation here was one but i also think he's a northern boy and found he wouldn't settle down here and the Huddersfield job turned up so he jumped at it, bet deep down he wishes he had waited for the Leeds gig which is certain to come up in the summer.

Mr T - Sukka!

When you look at it now after -10. His transformation of form has kept us up this season with the points he ammased in charge.

So thank you Mark Robins. Special mention to McGoldrick too. :claping hands:

dongonzalos

I blame TF, SISU and Joy.

I have said all along you run a club in this manner you will also lose your best staff quicker than normal, on the rare occasion you can attract them

psgm1

Banned
Just quickly and I apologise if someone has already asked this but does anyone now blame Robins from getting out when he had the chance as I’m guessing he had a very good idea this was going to happen. I sure don’t and 95% others I’m sure would have done the same thing. Sorry to go back on old things.

When he came on board he went out of his way saying the club had strength in depth, and had quality throughout, and he had fully done his homework!

If all of this was true, then he can hardly say all of this came as a surprise.

ALSO if he did "tell it as it is", then why only days before he left did he say in the press he was going to stay for a long time?

He also said he left Barnsley because the owners wouldn't give him the funds he felt he needed - so WHY come to coventry?

His "accomplishments" were pretty much down entirely to one man's form of their lifetime - how else can anyone explain the sharp decline in form once the player left?

ALL ALONG his pants were on fire

I don't blame him, but did he mislead? DANG STRAIGHT!

Is he trustworthy - DANG NO

psgm1

Banned
When you look at it now after -10. His transformation of form has kept us up this season with the points he ammased in charge.

So thank you Mark Robins. Special mention to McGoldrick too. :claping hands:

How did robins transform? DM was a reveleation - his last few games the cracks were there for all to see. Had he stayed longer - questions would have been asked - he was smart enough to realise and jumped ship!

He was a POOR MANAGER! He was a LUCKY manager - Hardly great shakes at his new club!

SkyBlue_Bear83

How did robins transform? DM was a reveleation - his last few games the cracks were there for all to see. Had he stayed longer - questions would have been asked - he was smart enough to realise and jumped ship!

He was a POOR MANAGER! He was a LUCKY manager - Hardly great shakes at his new club!

I guess Fergie is lucky that RVP and Rooney are banging in the goals for him

Hadenough

you cannot be serious

everyones hurting and needs to blame someone but without the points gained under Robins we would be relegated today!!!I guess he wanted assurances from Sisu which he did not get so he left,as would anyone with half a brain..

CCFC_GT

He left for a number of reasons in my opinion, obviously the situation here was one but i also think he's a northern boy and found he wouldn't settle down here and the Huddersfield job turned up so he jumped at it, bet deep down he wishes he had waited for the Leeds gig which is certain to come up in the summer.

Why would he wish he had waited for the Leeds job to come up in the summer? He will just jump ship from Huddersfield if he fancies that or any other job.

Colonel Mustard

This thread represents one of the better arguments for SISU needing to leave the club. While they remain here, we'll continue to hear the Bizarro World arguments that John Sillett is a traitor, Andy Thorn was a good manager, Mark Robins was a loyalist & clairvoyant, and that the club ought to be liquidated to put us out of our misery.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Mark Robins was a good manager however he really messed with our Coventry hearts.

So why are we wasting out time ,talking about him when we have MUCH bigger problems.

Dont add to his ego.

Users who are viewing this thread